Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
LeiraStarofSea

Smile Darcy Lewis, Asgardian Costume

I really loved the snarky assistant Darcy Lewis from the movie Thor. Its a really common pairing in FanFiction for Loki/Darcy and I just kind of fell in love with the entire concept. Which brought me to thinking.....what kind of outfit would she wear in Asgard? I decided I wanted to make a costume based on the concept; adding elements of Loki's wardrobe(lots of green, gold, metal, and black), Mythology Sigyn(Again the same as Lokis, since she's his wife, but more flowing material and less leather), plus Darcy's slightly oddball taste in clothing.

I have yet to finish my sketch(will upload when I do), but so far I have the skirt being a turquoise floor length flowing skirt with a tiered like ruffle going down the bottom, and the top I'm debating between:

A. Three-quarter dollman sleeved brownish gold materiel but with slits on the sleeves and mettalic buttons going down the side of the arms. It would sort of create a cinched look with the shoulders, and part of the arms visible.

B. A lace copper gold over tunic with an almost pastel iridescent array colored crisscrossed bodysuit underneath(already have that and thought it might suit).

C. An eggshell crochet over sweater with the front having an almost corset like lace up, and sparkling gold racerback type undershirt.

I also was thinking an either completely gold metal belt or one with an extravagant gold centerpiece with black leather as the strap.

For shoes, I'm not quite certain what, since its floor length anyways.

Let me know your thoughts, suggestion
LeiraStarofSea is offline   Reply With Quote