Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 10-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Hoshi26
Cosplay apprentice

uncommon makeup colors?

I'm looking for white lipstick and eyebrow pencils (to color the brows) and I'm not sure where to find them, as most party/Halloween stores tend to have only black or red. Where might I find these?

Also, what do you guys do when trying to find makeup in colors that are uncommon?
Hoshi26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in the shade "Milk" is what I use for eyebrows. I've seen it used on the face, so you could probably use it on lips, too. You can find it at Cherry Culture and Amazon.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #3
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Seconding NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencils. They are so easy to use and this brand can be found in some drug stores and makeup stores like Ulta if online shopping is not an option. If you are trying to coordinate your eyebrow color with a white wig, I would recommend using a silver/gray color instead of white on your eyebrows as the colors tend to look more natural if your eyebrows do not match your wig exactly, a few shades darker tends to look less "cartoony".

For the lipstick, L.A. Colors has a white lipstick. This brand is also pretty common like NYX and can be found in the same kind of stores mentioned above. Manic Panic also makes white lipstick. The most common place I have seen this brand is Hot Topic.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Emrys

I personally like using mascara or eyeliner with a mascara brush for unusually colored eyebrows. That would completely cover your natural hair color. Eye pencils are better for shading or darkening, but it's hard to go lighter with them in my experience.

L.A. Splash Cosmetics makes eyeliner and mascara in tons of bright and unusual colors, there is at least one white and a few silver shades. Also found at Ulta, or online.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
I personally like using mascara or eyeliner with a mascara brush for unusually colored eyebrows. That would completely cover your natural hair color. Eye pencils are better for shading or darkening, but it's hard to go lighter with them in my experience.

L.A. Splash Cosmetics makes eyeliner and mascara in tons of bright and unusual colors, there is at least one white and a few silver shades. Also found at Ulta, or online.
I was just on a search for white mascara. In my area, none of the shops had it. So the girls at Sephora and I figured out that white lash primer and white or silver eyeshadow together get the same thing done.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
Emrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libis View Post
I was just on a search for white mascara. In my area, none of the shops had it. So the girls at Sephora and I figured out that white lash primer and white or silver eyeshadow together get the same thing done.
Cool, so you apply the eyeshadow while the primer is still wet? I think only the eyeliner comes in white, but I've pried off the cap off of their eyeliners to use it as mascara before.
Emrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Esmenet
Time to change, Changer

Unless the packaging specifically states not to use on lips, or around eyes, most makeup products are multi-functional. I use eyeliner to line my lips and fill them in, and I've used blush as eyeshadows and vice versa. My absolute FAVORITE for uncommon colors especially lips color is OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics). I'm not sure what your budget is for makeup, but their lip tars are the most pigmented things I've ever used, and they last you a long time because a little bit goes a long way. They are sometimes difficult to get ahold of, but I purchased a gorgeous bright orange, dark purple, white, and yellow lip tar in the past. They are amazing for cosplay. I third NYX as the cheaper (but still amazing quality) for lips and eyes. The jumbo pencils come in every color imaginable, and they last a while as well.

Work in Progress:
Rei (genderbend)-Free! [90%]
Momoi Satsuki-KnB [100%]
Nora Valkyrie-RWBY [60%]

Upcoming Cons:
Anime North
Colossalcon
Anime Expo
Gen Con
Dragon*Con
Youmacon
Esmenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
Sweet Loretta

Not sure if she makes a white but she used to do custom blends -
http://www.morganacryptoria.com

And yes OCC makes good makeup - and they do make a white lip tar.
http://www.occmakeup.com/

And white liner pencils -many brands are out there. We use Kryolan.

Face and Body Artist
www.sweet-loretta.com

Face and Body Art Makeup & Supplies
The Painted Navel : Extreme Makeup FX
www.extrememakeupfx.com
Mort's Morgue & FX Emporium
http://mortsmorgue.com
Sweet Loretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #9
Libis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
Cool, so you apply the eyeshadow while the primer is still wet? I think only the eyeliner comes in white, but I've pried off the cap off of their eyeliners to use it as mascara before.
Yes. And you apply bunches of the shadow
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote