Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #91
Interedge

I went out to eat dressed as Jeff the Killer in the middle of summer. At Blue Lake Fine Art's Camp I was Marik Ishtar. I dressed as Mello (with the scar) and went to school one day! So many strange looks... Besides me... I haven't seen anyone else, but I really want to!
God Tier Jade: 5%

[/color]
Con Plans (May Change)

JAFAX
Youmacon
Geek Media Expo

[/font][/center]

Notice: Anyone going to Blue Lake, 2nd session, 2013, TELL ME! Especially if you like Homestuck!
Interedge is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #92
Chrono180

I'm kinda the girl your talking about. I tend to wear cosplay pretty much everywhere. To the movies, to the mall, to school, around town. Weirdest was probably when I went to the zoo dressed as a japanese schoolgirl.
Chrono180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #93
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Oh! Just remembered, a couple days last year, I'd see these two girls walking around school as Sasuke and Claude Faustus. Turns out they were going to katsucon that afternoon ^^
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #94
Chris505
Never Give Up

I went into a gas station in my UBCS, with other cosplayers. Cops were around 0_0

In progress:
BSAA/Chris Redfield
Captain Jack Sparrow
Kakashi
Claude Faustus
Hussie (Homestuck)

Future cosplays:
ODST/Spartan-halo series
Dom/Dominic Gears of war 2
Suggestions?

Last edited by Chris505 : 12-22-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: mispelled
Chris505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #95
Mogami Kyouko
bow tie collector

While on a vacation in Washington DC, the first non-convention related summer vacation I've had in six years, a friend and I went to the national zoo. We spotted a bunch of homestuck cosplayers walking in a few seconds after us. I didn't know homestuck, but I liked seeing cosplayers of any kind, so I asked her for a fandom reference, complimented them loudly since she was too shy to, and then we walked away.

I don't know if this counts, but when I was living in British Columbia, I saw someone in a Darth Vader costume busking with a violin on the street. It was in December, so, no Halloween excuse there.

Also, no one recognized me to my understanding, but I've never mentioned this so I need to throw it in. The weirdest place I ever cosplayed was when I took the SAT dressed as Ciel Phantomhive.

• * Ulrich - Code Lyoko S4 Real World Outfit - 85%
    * Potentially Wreck-it-Ralph from eponymous - 15%
    * Potentially Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica - 0%
Mogami Kyouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #96
pokkypok

I saw a Maka and Crona at a Whole Foods in my town. It was weird because we aren't very close to any conventions. Turns out they were acquainted the people I was with, so we got to compliment them on the costumes.
pokkypok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #97
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

I WAS a random cosplayer... I went to visit my great-grandma at a nursing home while wearing a wig, and I also wore my Matryoshka hoodie to school one day. My ICT teacher back then has a daughter who made that cosplay with her, and she gave me a thumbs up and said I was awesome.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #98
CaramellDancer
Closer Cosplayer

I haven't seen any but my best friend and I have cosplayed several times in random locations. Usually Wal-mart ;P

I did cosplay as Maka(minus her coat cause I didn't have one) one time and my sister and I went to go take some photos. Idiots kept honking their horns at me as they passed us by(we were walking) and some stupid people had the nerve to call me a whore. I tell you this, I am never doing a photo-shoot for any character with a short skirt outside of a convention again. I was wearing Maka's SHORT(-shudders-) skirt, the white dress top, and yellow vest. NEVER. AGAIN. outside a con...

~Cosplay W.I.P.~

Hatsune Miku: 2%
Maka from Soul Eater: 90%
Redo of Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 2: 10%
fem!Tony the Talking Clock from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared: 0%

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doens't work, Raise, Aim, Fire.
CaramellDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #99
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Without a doubt, the weirdest place I've ever seen cosplayers happened last month. I currently work part time at a big corporate pet store. And a bunch of these girls came in on 12/21/12 rocking, what were clearly, cosplay wigs and costume pieces. They were waving at everyone and shouting, "Happy Apocalypse everyone! Hurray for not dying!"

They were so frackin' adorable! I would've asked them what they cosplay, but my manager was right next to me shaking his head. Fuddy duddy. >.<

~In Progress~
Erica Anderson - Catherine
Isabella - Paradise Kiss

My Tumblr
My deviantART
My Facebook
Apple Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #100
BumblebeeMituna
Blood Soaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanidesun797 View Post
I recently saw a group of Homestuck cosplayers (the kids, not trolls) at a mall when I was with my mom. She thought it was cool.
That is awesome. *-*
BumblebeeMituna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #101
Gummibar

McDonalds. *lol*
Gummibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #102
Ilafatyu
That guy

I swear I saw Izaya at the grocery store I work at. Didn't come to my register so I couldn't really tell, but...

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #103
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I think it was more of a guy having fun, and the timing wasn't random at all, but I was amused at work on one Halloween when I saw a guy dressed as Mario crossing the street in the middle of the day.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #104
lunarLupine

Saw a couple cosplayers in a very fancy store in Boston, made me laugh. Also in the foodcourt of a mall after a con, which wouldn't be too odd except the mall was about half an hour from where the con was held lol.
lunarLupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #105
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

Perhaps it wasn't so random but a nearby college was hosting a Japan Immersion Day. A couple of people came in cosplay, though I can't say that I really liked seeing them in cosplay there. It wasn't an event for cosplay - it was an educational and cultural learning experience. Which isn't to say I think cosplaying outside of cons or anything like that is bad, I just kind of felt like their presence there was saying that the only things that mattered about Japan were anime and manga, and that kind of bothered me because there's so much more to it than that.
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote