Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

My friend failed to eat all weekend, was smoking, drinking, and I think took some kind of drug on Saturday night (I didn't see her do it, but she was chattering/grinding her teeth, stayed up until 5-6am, and kept trying to get in the hotel room to wake me up to go for a smoke, all signs of ecstasy/MDMA use). On Sunday afternoon, we tried to get the whole group together for brunch because we had been splitting up so much all weekend, and she collapsed in the middle of a parking lot. Caused a lot of drama, people fought, yelled, and went home crying.

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #17
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

-raises hand- i lost my badge on day 0 of sakura con last year. luckly the con staff was really cool and printed me a new one.
Unread 11-21-2012, 01:46 AM   #18
Rinzle

My second con was ACen 2011. When it came to ordering my badge i had clicked the $2 mail to house option but had to go back and change something. Didnt realize that the option for mailing had to be rechecked.
Got to the con and ended up waiting in line for 6 hours just to get my badge.

This year i made sure i had the dang box checked.
Usagi Tsukino School uniform 100% complete Otakon 2013

Next Years cosplays

Neo Queen Serenity V.2. hopefully something i dont have to readjust every five minutes
The Red Whirlwind Romeo X Juliet
TBA third cosplay
all three will Debut at Anime Central 2014
Rinzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #19
CosplayPandah

During Anime Expo at the Hetalia gathering one person passed out and went to the hospital :/
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
CosplayPandah

Oh gosh I hate it when that happens! DX
Unread 11-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #21
Mokmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzle View Post
My second con was ACen 2011. When it came to ordering my badge i had clicked the $2 mail to house option but had to go back and change something. Didnt realize that the option for mailing had to be rechecked.
Got to the con and ended up waiting in line for 6 hours just to get my badge.

This year i made sure i had the dang box checked.
Wether Mail-to-house is offered or not, 6 hours is a ridiculous wait time for any con, they know how many badges they sold weeks ahead and should allocate resources accordingly to that...

Lemme guess, people who bought their weekend badge at the con waited less ?
Mokmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
Rinzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokmo View Post
Wether Mail-to-house is offered or not, 6 hours is a ridiculous wait time for any con, they know how many badges they sold weeks ahead and should allocate resources accordingly to that...

Lemme guess, people who bought their weekend badge at the con waited less ?
i believe so and i was tired and cranky on top of it. pulled an all nighter finishing my costume
Usagi Tsukino School uniform 100% complete Otakon 2013

Next Years cosplays

Neo Queen Serenity V.2. hopefully something i dont have to readjust every five minutes
The Red Whirlwind Romeo X Juliet
TBA third cosplay
all three will Debut at Anime Central 2014
Rinzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 01:54 AM   #23
FianlXCon
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroi_shi View Post
A friend of mine with a severe peanut allergy went into anaphilactic (sp) shock after some kid with a peanuty chocolate bar sneezed on her.. This was about 20 minutes after she got her admission badge.. she spent the rest of the weekend in the hospital.. the convention wouldn't give her even a partial refund.
This is awkward. allergy to peanut, what a pity
FianlXCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #24
VickyAmis
Banned

I think the worst thing is, your cosplay is not recognized by others at Comic-Con.
VickyAmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #25
FunnyValentine
See You Space Cowboy

I changed into another cosplay for a group later on in the day in the bathroom.(The con is within driving distance so I didn't have a hotel room.) My camera got lost somewhere in there and someone must have accidentally picked it up with their belongings.
Never got it back. Security never contacted me.
I don't care so much about losing a camera, but I had this one for a really long time. It really upset me. I've tried posting pictures. I even tried a facebook group for animenext and I think the moderator deleted it. Cool. I had pictures of me holding the actual camera to prove it's mine too. The camera was kind of messing up though. It became a little difficult to take pictures since it would randomly switch between auto and you couldn't stop it from switching.

Other than that, I've always had a good time at conventions.

Facebook Cosplay Page
DeviantArt
FunnyValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #26
VickyAmis
Banned

Once my wigs fell on to the ground and I didn't dare to look at the audience.Maybe That's my worst experience in my life.
VickyAmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:49 PM   #27
HeartlessNobody
King & Lionheart

I had a fight with two of my best friends. And because of it and other circumstances that came later, we are no longer friends. Everything that happened on Sunday was my fault. I will always take the blame for that. But, everything that happened on Saturday wasn't.

What I am working on:
Wicked Lady - Sailor Moon
Ben Paul - The Walking Dead Game
Belarus - Hetalia
Wildcat - JKMM
HeartlessNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #28
xenosagamomo1
Kikisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonGenki View Post
not really a worst thing but a worst time
ugh, once i went with a large group of people to a convention and all of them practically spent the entire time in the hotel room watching anime that everyone had already watched and its like 'wtf we spend all this money to watch re-runs?' and then when they did go out of the hotel room none of them wanted to go to any of the panels. Lamest convention ever and all I can say is be careful who you choose to go in a group with

That really sucks, I would probably just left the hotel, or drag them outta that hotel.
Fenris: Not made of lyrium, I'd imagine.
Isabela: Not a one. And the pictures are different—usually breasts.
Fenris: I suppose a pair of lyrium breasts tattooed onto my chest would make things better.
Isabela: That's me. I'm a helper,
xenosagamomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #29
xenosagamomo1
Kikisu

So, I wanted to spent some time with my best friend who I haven't seen in years, and she treated me like hell during there, everytime I go to an anime convection my personality changes, into a happy cheerful person because I'm around things that I like. Well, before getting to the convection and I was waiting for my sister to get ready, she asked me if I would be ok if she"Fuck my sister"...Now she is a lesbian and I don't mind lesbians, and gays or anything but I was kind of mad she asked that question I mean It's my sister.(Also, My friend haves a fiance too) So I pretended to laugh, and be like"Oh I'm going to tell her" just to see the reaction, cause I wasn't sure if she was being serious. She got all mad and red, and told me no. My sister also was siting in the middle and her legs were all open, and I was like "Oh my god cover yourself up!" because my friend was checking her out...so It was soo awkward for me and my sister was like"whatever" until my friend left and I told her the reason why. So, I was really stud and upset. We get to the convection, she haves heart problems, and is overweight and I don't mind to help her out and follow her around. But then when I wanna go somewhere, she like doesn't want to come along, and we are suppose to stick together x.x So later I strike up a conversation with a guy, and his girl about the convection and she gets mad and jealous out of no where and yells at me and tells me I'm being too loud? I got kind of sad and I put my head down. After awhile, I kept trying to go to places and stores, but she still didn't want to go and she tried dragging me along her, I started to have a panic attack once the crowds were closing in. I remember seeing a guy who was dress up as snake from metal gear look at me like I was crazy or something, but I didn't have any water, or had any food at all that day and the stress really got to me. She also kept going up to people and saying"BITCH" in they're ear, and then telling me it was fine, and like "Oh she wasn't suppose to hear me" I really don't mind talking to people in character, but going up to someone and screaming "bitch" in they're ear, was kind of too much. Later, my mom and sister wanted to leave and some guy was waiting for us to walk the pathway, and he wasn't trying to run us over or anything, but out of nowhere she screams at him and freaks out. I was just kind of stud. After, we are driving to go home I had my headphones in, but I had the music on pause since we are ordering food, my sister paid for everything and told my best friend that it was fine, because she wanted to pay. Once we are at home, she tells me that she paid for all the food, and asked me if my sister was going to pay her soon, or if I could pay her now. I'm just kind of like Wow at the moment, because I heard the entire conversation with her and my sister. Also my friend lied to her therapist, well like she told her therapist, that I had a hard life, and we wanted to go to the convection or whatever but we couldn't. She told her therapist a bunch of serious and personality stuff that I told her about my life, and tricked her therapist into giving her money for the convection. Her therapist was like"Here, give this to you're friend, and tell her that I said to get well" or whatever It was just kind of weird that she would do that I didn't even tell her to do that, she just did it to get some cash for the con and buy her something nice. It was all so very weird for me, and It wasn't the greatest I kind of wish I had known someone who was at the convection I could have hang out with I don't really have many friends though kind of sucks.
Fenris: Not made of lyrium, I'd imagine.
Isabela: Not a one. And the pictures are different—usually breasts.
Fenris: I suppose a pair of lyrium breasts tattooed onto my chest would make things better.
Isabela: That's me. I'm a helper,
xenosagamomo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #30
ChatNoir
Lubim Ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa Gohan View Post
Finished my sword right before the con, decided to do a quick coat of topcoat gloss. My boyfreidn put it on the roof of the car to finish drying

So we get on the freeway, and we all look at each other and ask...where is the sword?

Yes, it was left on the top of the car and we drove off. Thankfully I already saw the humor in it when it happened. Later one of my friends saw it in the driveway, mostly in one piece. Thankfully I found out later that it doesn't meet con weapons requirements...so I was totally non heartbroke
LESSON: DO NOT PUT CRAP ON TOP OF CAR>
XD not from a con, but I so agree with this. One time i made hushpuppies and wrapped them up on a plate to bring to a friend..then left them on the roof and drove there. Miraculously, they actually stayed on the car the whole time. ._.

Con experiences that kinda sucked:
-A bunch of us were wearing uncomfortable shoes so by the end of Saturday our feet all hurt and we were cranky. I even had a picture of some of the people i was with where instead of smiling they all look incredibly angry. I deleted it later. ^^;

-One year my friend and I went as Hetalia characters. We had planned via the con forum to participate in a group photo shoot. When the time rolled around, we showed up a few minutes early. No one was there so we waited. Then we saw a group of other Hetalia cosplayers walking back inside. Turns out they had gotten together earlier and were bored so they decided to go early without everyone else. i was disappointed because it was going to be my first group photo shoot.

Neither of those are extremely horrible but they took some enjoyment out of the days.

Rose Tyler - Doctor Who
River Song - Doctor Who
Kaylee Frye - Firefly
Fem!Sam - Supernatural
Sam Winchester - Supernatural
Fem!Sherlock - BBC Sherlock
Fem!Newt Geiszler - Pacific Rim
ChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote