Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #76
Loveless12

Walking back from the harbor this year during Otakon I got lost and ended up in the middle of a ghetto at night.
Loveless12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #77
pinkkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshofRebirth View Post
Text
Haha, I don't talk to any of them anymore either, though for a different reason. Still I think I should've known after that that she wasn't a good friend.

I'm happy that your story has a badass ending, it's cool when we're forced out of our comfort zones and realise that we can take care of ourselves!
pinkkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #78
Moonsong
daughter of evil

I can't believe people could just leave someone by themselves in a strange city without being completely sure that they had a way home. What douchebags. I have given bus money to a girl before and have waited with people who were unable to find their friends and whatnot. Is being a considerate person too much these days?

Please, fellow con-goers, if you happen to see or hear someone who is in that sort of situation, help them out. Let them use your phone. Wait or walk with them if they are alone, especially if they are young. Lend them a few bucks for gas or fare if they are stuck. Even if they are a complete stranger, nobody deserves to be ditched in a city they barely know.

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #79
Ichigogami
Strawberry paper...DEATH

so...my first time at an anime Con in B-more, I decided that I would stay at the con later than the friend I was staying with and walk back to the hotel....late at night, alone in a city I didn't know quite so well...So I try to look around and find my bearings, and from what I remember I was headed in the right direction, but I guess it was because I was wearing Nami...*bright orange hair* they singled me out...a Black car with a guy leaning against it was eyeing me and I was trying to walk by a little bit faster, thankfully I had my phone in my hand, so the guy was like "You look lost, come get in my car, we'll help you out.." I turned to him and promptly replied "Get lost before I call the cops!" I flashed my phone and started to dial 911, at the time I was so flustered that I didn't get their liscense plate number and as soon as they were gone ended up going around the corner of the next block and having a crying breakdown, when I called my friend I was staying with, and started walking....It turned out, I was going the right Direction, I was just 4 blocks Downhill and needed to walk up hill...

Yeaahhhh Stupid young Ichigo....ALWAYS WALK WITH A BUDDY at any time if you feel uncomfortable in a venue or locale, you never know what can happen...
Unread 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #80
Li_Syaoran
Lone Wolf

Gropers.... I encountered my first one on my last con and it wasn't pretty. Like this girl just came out of no where. She quickly grope my waist up and left quickly, before I could even stop her nor get a con staff in time.
Where did human politeness go....
CureCos:http://en.curecos.com/profile/?ch=331883
Cos Group Page:https://www.facebook.com/LonewolfCosplay

Current Anime Con list
Sakura con 2013
Male Black Rock Shooter
Sword Art Online Gun-master/Swordsman Kirito
Male Suit Saber from Fate Prototype
Imitation Black Kagamine Len
Li_Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #81
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

These aren't all that bad compared to most of these but.....

First major convention.....I had a panic attack and spent several minutes throwing up outside of the hotel. During that same convention, a particular photographer stalked me and kept trying to sexually harass me. And then to top it all off...I hadn't gotten my contacts at the time and had forgotten my glasses. After I was leaving a photoshoot, I literally ran into Briana Palencia because I couldn't see what I was doing....and no one told me it was her at the time; I didn't find out until months later when someone was talking about the "idiot Ciel cosplayer". Talk about embarrassing.

Most of the other problems I've run into have been the same....people groping, sexually harassing me....more panic attacks....I think I'm used to it by now.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #82
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsong View Post
Omg, otakon 2012. Biggest clusterfuck of bad luck ever.

First, i forgot the dress bag that had 2 of my costumes inside at my boyfriends house. second, my body wash exploded all over the inside of my bag on the way down to Baltimore. I had to wash the soap out of all my remaining cosplays, bras, pajamas, etc. before i could use them. Third, the zipper on my Celty costume broke before I even got to wear it. $90 down the drain. Fourth, the photographer i scheduled my very first photoshoot with never showed, and never answered my texts. Lastly, on Monday after the con, i was caught in a torrential downpour while waiting for the bus home. there was no shelter except a small tree. all of my stuff got soaked, i got soaked, AND the bus had the AC on full blast the whole 3 hours home. the only good thing is that i somehow managed to avoid getting sick.
Oh, no! I'm so, so sorry that happened to you. :*( You must have been so upset when you arrived home.

May I ask, was your body wash travel size or regular size?

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #83
Loveless12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsong View Post
Omg, otakon 2012. Biggest clusterfuck of bad luck ever.

First, i forgot the dress bag that had 2 of my costumes inside at my boyfriends house. second, my body wash exploded all over the inside of my bag on the way down to Baltimore. I had to wash the soap out of all my remaining cosplays, bras, pajamas, etc. before i could use them. Third, the zipper on my Celty costume broke before I even got to wear it. $90 down the drain. Fourth, the photographer i scheduled my very first photoshoot with never showed, and never answered my texts. Lastly, on Monday after the con, i was caught in a torrential downpour while waiting for the bus home. there was no shelter except a small tree. all of my stuff got soaked, i got soaked, AND the bus had the AC on full blast the whole 3 hours home. the only good thing is that i somehow managed to avoid getting sick.

Woah, there was someone in my otakon room that had a Celty with a broken zipper too, and said soap got all over her stuff.
Unread 01-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #84
Moonsong
daughter of evil

That was me, silly. :P You forgot me already?

And yes AnimeLuxray, I was really bummed out by the time I got home and felt as if I had wasted my entire weekend. I still managed to have fun, and got to run my first photoshoot, but I STILL wish I could have a complete do-over of that weekend. My body wash was full-size and it was my fault for not putting it inside a plastic bag, but I thought it would be okay since I never had a problem with the stuff leaking or getting on my stuff before. I think the problem was that it was inside my duffel bag, which got shoved into the belly of the bus underneath everyone else's bags, so something was probably right on top of the body wash.At least my costumes and clothes smelled even cleaner by Thursday evening once they were done drying? Lol. xD

Next year I am going to go back to making lists of what I am taking with me and spend more time focusing on packing. I used to do that years ago and never had problems, but ever since university and my full time job came into my life, I've usually had very little time to pack before conventions and end up rushing. I also need to invest in a larger suitcase so that I am carrying less things, and thus have less things to worry about forgetting. @_@;

On hiatus until 2015.

Last edited by Moonsong : 01-16-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Unread 01-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #85
Loveless12

I knew it was you I'm just playing

Though I was skeptical at first til I saw the part about the zipper breaking, then I knew it was you.

As for other bad stuff, well I dunno if it's considered bad as much as it is rude, but during Otakon I was just walking in the general front area (near the registration) and out of nowhere these two kids ( boy and girl, had to be 10-12 at the oldest) are running full speed my way. I guess the boy was chasing the girl for whatever reason, and ran right into me. I was staggered and he fell flat on his ass, and unfortunately grabbed some other random girl and took her down with him. Little bastard didn't even apologize to either of us.
Unread 01-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #86
Moonsong
daughter of evil

Haha, oh you!

Damn, thay sucks though..Kids these days..*mutters and shakes her cane angrily.* A lot of younger kids get dropped off at the con for the day and/or are basically just allowed to run around while their parents look at stuff, so some of them just go nuts since mom and dad aren't in sight.

On hiatus until 2015.

Unread 01-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #87
Kazuto Kirigaya
Hero Of Time

Not really a big deal but I had a bad panic attack and came close to fainting on the escalator at ALA last year. I just spent the rest of the day sleeping on a bench with my friend. And while I was asleep some girls apparently tried to steal my Sebastian pillow (They picked it up and were asking each other who they thought it belonged to) until my friend said it was mine. (He had it sitting next to him on the floor by the bench so I guess it looked like no one owned it). Still kind of odd.

- Aladdin - Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - 20%
- Asuna Yuuki - Sword Art Online - 70%
- Kagami Taiga - 99%
- Rin Okumura - Blue Exorcist - 100%
- Judal - Magi The Labyrinth of Magic - 100%
- Makoto - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club - 10%
- Eren Jaeger - Attack on Titan 100%

Cons:
AM2
Anime Expo 2014
Wondercon
Anime LA
Yaoi con
Kazuto Kirigaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #88
lazer684
The Whale Shark

At my last convention, the convention staff was horrible. I sat back and watched them constantly yell at the con goers and make big fusses over props that already went through weapon's check. This convention was very small, but it was 50 bucks for a weekend pass and Saturday alone was 45 bucks. (Talk about a rip-off) They also wouldn't let you just walk around the convention center without a pass.

Anyway, my issue came in Saturday night at the Rave. As my friends and I were taking a break from the Rave, security pulled us over and asked if we had been drinking. Obviously sober, we answered "no," but the security brought us into a room and asked for our parents' phone numbers so they could pick us up. As parents were being called, we learned that somebody who apparently didn't like us had told the staff we were under-aged drinking. Despite the fact that we WERE SOBER and WEREN'T CAUSING ANYBODY HARM, they still called our parents.
Long ending short, my mom didn't pick up so they walked us back to our hotel room, they kicked everybody else out of the convention center, and closed the con for the night.

I have never been so frustrated at a convention in my life. It's safe to say I will not be back next year.
Unread 02-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #89
ladderowl

Once in a 2 days convention, which I wasn't able to attend the second day, my toy gun got stolen. xD Since I couldn't get the original prop of the character, I had painted one of my fav guns(which my best friend gave me as a gift) black and drawn some stuff on it to make it look like something cool.

The worst part was, the person who stole it was also a cosplayer and used it for her own cosplay the second day. I saw it when I was looking through the pictures. They never gave it back. :'D
ladderowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #90
AnimeLuxray25
The Gijinka Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer684 View Post
At my last convention, the convention staff was horrible. I sat back and watched them constantly yell at the con goers and make big fusses over props that already went through weapon's check. This convention was very small, but it was 50 bucks for a weekend pass and Saturday alone was 45 bucks. (Talk about a rip-off) They also wouldn't let you just walk around the convention center without a pass.

Anyway, my issue came in Saturday night at the Rave. As my friends and I were taking a break from the Rave, security pulled us over and asked if we had been drinking. Obviously sober, we answered "no," but the security brought us into a room and asked for our parents' phone numbers so they could pick us up. As parents were being called, we learned that somebody who apparently didn't like us had told the staff we were under-aged drinking. Despite the fact that we WERE SOBER and WEREN'T CAUSING ANYBODY HARM, they still called our parents.
Long ending short, my mom didn't pick up so they walked us back to our hotel room, they kicked everybody else out of the convention center, and closed the con for the night.

I have never been so frustrated at a convention in my life. It's safe to say I will not be back next year.
what a horrible convention that must have been! I can't believe that. And 50 dollars for a weekend pass and 45 dollars for only Saturday...and it was a small con? That is a ripoff.

2014 Cosplay(s): Shinx Gijinka (Shiny Version) [Pokémon] - 100%

2014 Conventions: | KnightroKon | Mythicon | Holiday Matsuri |

deviantART: AnimeLuxray25
AnimeLuxray25 is offline   Reply With Quote