Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 11-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
mulayo
Mumsers

Help with Ashe cosplay?

Hey so I'm planning on putting together a cosplay for Ashe from League of Legends http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....e_Splash_0.jpg

My last (and first) cosplay turned out pretty terrible, and I'm determined to do better this time >.< So maybe you guys can guide me in the right direction? I'm pretty inexperienced, so I kind of have a lot of questions to ask.

What kind of material should I be using for her cape, dress, gloves, etc? Should I use the same materials for all clothing parts?

How would I go about doing the gold borders and designs? Fabric paint? Applique?(keeping in mind I know very little about applique, just saw it mentioned here and there on the forums)

How would I make her bow look accurate in appearance? I want to make it look at least somewhat similar to the reference, but I don't think painting it bright blue will do anything for it ): I was thinking of maybe detracting from the bright intense blue and instead painting and texturing it like real ice. What do you guys think? Should I just go with keeping it accurate in color?

Thanks!
mulayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
LDeadman

Hi! I would recomend using the same material for all of the clothing parts (except the pink part around her torso, that does not need to be the same). As for what type of material, I don't know the names for most types of fabric but I would recomend something thick and slightly shiny (Only a little bit shiny, fabric tends to look much shinier in photographs). I recomend buying from a fabric store for most costumes, so you can get a feel for the fabric, but it depends on if you have a good fabric store in your area.

For the gold designs applique would be best. For the bow, yes I would go with texturing it like real ice and colouring it more blue than real ice, but not quite as blue as the reference
LDeadman is offline   Reply With Quote