Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Katala

Defiance anyone?

I'm doing a Stahma Tarr cosplay and wondered if anyone else was doing Castithans? or even Defiance characters?

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Katala is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
maeblade
Costumers Unite!

We started a group on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/DefianceDragoncon/
maeblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
bonestars

Man, I would KILL to do a Defiance costume, but I don't have time this year. That said, I hope I'll see y'all on the floor! :]
bonestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
Katala

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeblade View Post
That is me. I just came on to post the link and you beat me to it

Costumes:
  • Finished: She-Ra, Hathor (SG-1), G-Girl (My Super Ex-Girlfriend), Circe (or Leta), Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Scarlet Witch, Inara with crossbow prop (Serenity), Hermione's Red Dress (HP7), Lady Catelyn Stark (GOT), Electra, Baroness, Newmar Catwoman, Sha're (SG-1), Ceremonial Leia, Fiona and Lessa (Pern), Romana I, Prof. McGonagall (HP)
  • My service dog, Cinder is wearing: K.9. (Dr. Who), Gold Dragon Weyrling (PERN), and Gryffindor.
Unread 07-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
Scullyx83
Some where Beyond the Sea

I cant wait to meet up with everyone.
Scullyx83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
jackwabbit

I'm in for an Irisa. Irzu help me, but I just started it a few days ago when my husband made an offhand comment while we were watching the show and it lit that fire. Dammit. Only, you know, not. *grin*

Recent/Completed Costumes:
Hit Girl, Jedi/Jedi Chef, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Ravenclaw on a Budget, Baby Bowler, SGA, Star Trek Voyager.

Current Costume Projects:
Galaxy Quest
Defiance (Irisa)

Oh, and thanks to Kelldar for the avatar photo!
(Dragon*Con Disney Photoshoot, 2009)
jackwabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
Katala

Awesome. As of now we have:
1. a large meetup marriott 10th floor sunday probably around 8pm
2. space provided in the saturday MMO track party with Defiance themes like Ivali the Casti card game, fake adrenal pills, arkfall pieces, little hell bugs, VBI pistols, E-rep stuff
3. a very small Castithan bath meetup probably on Friday night but TBA after some tracks DCON schedule are issued

Note: Froggys had Grant Bowler and Tony Curran listed for Photo Ops for about a day but were asked by dragoncon to take them down because they hadn't received the official contracts in their office yet so we might have them at DCon as well.

Costumes:
Unread 07-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #8
erepcostuming

The Earth Republic
erepcostuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:55 AM   #9
jackwabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katala View Post
Awesome. As of now we have:
1. a large meetup marriott 10th floor sunday probably around 8pm
2. space provided in the saturday MMO track party with Defiance themes like Ivali the Casti card game, fake adrenal pills, arkfall pieces, little hell bugs, VBI pistols, E-rep stuff
3. a very small Castithan bath meetup probably on Friday night but TBA after some tracks DCON schedule are issued

Note: Froggys had Grant Bowler and Tony Curran listed for Photo Ops for about a day but were asked by dragoncon to take them down because they hadn't received the official contracts in their office yet so we might have them at DCon as well.
Bummer that the big photoshoot is Sunday night. Always so much going on then for me! But I'd like to try to make it. We shall see. My standard, non-negotiable Sunday night activity is the Yule Ball, but I have been known to cut it short for important things. I really wanted to go to the Puppet Slam last year, but got shut out, so Yule Ball stayed. For a group Defiance shot, I think I could be coerced into going there a little bit late. Though I still want to go to the Puppet Slam...decisions, decisions! Such is Dragon*Con, no?

I saw you guys reached 100 members over on FB. Cool! I still haven't joined, and I don't know how to post pictures to FB even if I did, but my stuff is coming along rather well, I think. I'm with you in spirit!

I saw talk of a parade group, too. I have a standing commitment to another parade group, but I *might* be coerced into changing that if something comes of this. Let me know.

Thanks for all the work you've put into this!

Hit Girl, Jedi/Jedi Chef, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Ravenclaw on a Budget, Baby Bowler, SGA, Star Trek Voyager.

Galaxy Quest
Defiance (Irisa)

Unread 08-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #10
Katala

well so far the Defiance AR panel is 7 in the westin on sunday so we might be pushing the time of the meetup to 8:30 for the group shoot. Also there is the Sat party which in my opinion Sat 10 is going to be more fun as we have prizes and get to play ivali and have a photo shoot and candy etc. So out of the two I think Sat would be more fun, but sunday more official and drink afterwards.

Costumes:
Unread 08-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
jackwabbit

Quote:
well so far the Defiance AR panel is 7 in the westin on sunday so we might be pushing the time of the meetup to 8:30 for the group shoot. Also there is the Sat party which in my opinion Sat 10 is going to be more fun as we have prizes and get to play ivali and have a photo shoot and candy etc. So out of the two I think Sat would be more fun, but sunday more official and drink afterwards.
I haven't looked at the schedule much yet/made any plans for myself, but I was planning on the Sunday night photoshoot. But now it sounds like maybe the Saturday meetup might be better? Hm...we'll see...probably won't do both, just because there's likely to be conflicts, as always.

I was originally considering the Star Trek World Record Attempt, but frankly, I'm tired of those and it's at the same time (I think) as the Defiance panel. No brainer, there. Defiance panel. See you there!

Galaxy Quest
Defiance (Irisa)

Unread 08-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #12
Katala

I think most of us going to the shoot are going to the panel as well then walking over. Does the Yule ball last for awhile? I was thinking of going to that after the meetup?

Costumes:
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
jackwabbit

Quote:
I think most of us going to the shoot are going to the panel as well then walking over. Does the Yule ball last for awhile? I was thinking of going to that after the meetup?
That's my current plan, too. Panel, then shoot. I honestly forgot about the Yule Ball until you said something just now! But yes, it goes until about midnight or one. I usually go in full Ravenclaw, but I suppose I could go as Irisa!

Just have to take a bag for the leather bits, as that and dancing don't much go together!

Galaxy Quest
Defiance (Irisa)

Unread 08-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #14
Katala

if it goes that late I may switch into Lily Potter. or Hermione but I haven't done Lily at DCon - Today I'm finishing all the many prizes for saturday night party

Costumes:
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:48 AM   #15
jackwabbit

Quote:
if it goes that late I may switch into Lily Potter. or Hermione but I haven't done Lily at DCon - Today I'm finishing all the many prizes for saturday night party
It's your typical D*C party. Many not in costume and many in all sorts, not just HP, of course. I just usually go because a few friends from the HP fandom are always there and it's a tradition with us. But we'll see. I skipped it a few years ago in favor of a party a friend was DJ'ing. I still haven't looked at the schedule. Heck, maybe they moved it! But I doubt it. It's a staple, ya know? I'd like to try to hit the Defiance party if I can. Need to start looking at the schedule!

Was only planning on bringing Irisa out for sure on Sunday night, but with Jen maybe adding a background for the Stargate green screen, I might bring her out on Friday. I'm sure that even without a Defiance background per se there will be one that would work well. I've done my SGA in various gaterooms in the past there, so I'm up for something different. Then again, Stargate made me in many ways, so I might just go SG again there. So many decisions! AH! Dragon*Con angst!

Galaxy Quest
Defiance (Irisa)