Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 06-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #31
kelldar
kelldar the barbarian

updating my previous response! I'm definitely bringing Journey's End Donna again, and making Runaway Bride Donna. Also making Romana I (Ribos Operation) to go with my husband's K-9.

Unread 06-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
GlassCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassCannon View Post
Considering that GallifreyOne, the largest north american Doctor Who convention (and I think biggest in the world on years when the BBC isn't sponsoring something themselves), is finding that a lot of the big names are tied up in 50th Anniversary stuff, I'm not at all shocked to hear that Dragon*Con won't have many DW guests this year either. Hopefully the BritTrack will have something fun planned to celebrate the 50th, but I think it's reasonable to expect that most anyone of note will be too busy with events in the UK to make it to a non-DW convention in the states.
I will happily eat my hat upon hearing this news: Sylvester McCoy will be at DragonCon this year! I won't be holding my breath for any other big DW guests, but I'm quite glad he'll be with us, at least.

And I just realized I haven't officially replied to this thread yet, but I am planning on bringing my River Song back again this year. I won't be in the parade, but I'm hoping to make the meetup!
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Abaddon - As Time Goes By dress (Supernatural) - 90%
GlassCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #33
Arlette
Let it Go

SPEAKING OF SYLVESTER MCCOY!

Writing again as a reminder that I've put together a genderbend group of Doctors and we now have EVERYONE EXCEPT SEVEN!

How awesome would it be for one of YOU lovely ladies to portray the seventh Doctor at the con with the seventh Doctor?!

Designs are completely up to you. There are no rules, though I'm trying to stay away from anything too skimpy. We aspire to be cute but completely recognizable!

Here is a link to the FB group. Send a message and I'll add you! D*C is just around the corner and I really need someone to confirm pretty soon! Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/292939057507233/

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #34
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Sylvester McCoy is delightful, and I get the feeling he must love D*C since he keeps coming back. Did you guys also see that John Levene was announced? Sergeant Benton of UNIT?

So I'm so excited about Dragon*Con that I've changed my avatar for the first time in two years. Doctor Who, away!
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #35
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Yesterday I saw that not one but two amazing guests were finally added. I am sooooo happy now! I was trying to figure out $30 of stuff to get at ThinkGeek so I could get the 500 Year Diary free with my Geek Points. But it's on sale for $9.09 right now, so I'm ordering it. I figure it'll be a good prop for my TARDIS bag, and it'll be a great autograph book!

Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #36
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
Yesterday I saw that not one but two amazing guests were finally added. I am sooooo happy now! I was trying to figure out $30 of stuff to get at ThinkGeek so I could get the 500 Year Diary free with my Geek Points. But it's on sale for $9.09 right now, so I'm ordering it. I figure it'll be a good prop for my TARDIS bag, and it'll be a great autograph book!
I bought it for $11 at a toy show a few months ago. My husband wanted it for his Second Doctor cosplay.

In other news, his costume is two nights of pick-stitching away from being done! I attached the shell and shaped the lapels yesterday. This is actually a part of tailoring I REALLY enjoy. I'm hoping to snag a couple of photographs of it at Cosplacon next weekend to post. The coat is very accurate, including that god-awful fitting. It does make me very sad to do a full morning coat and make it two sizes too big with chintz pockets tacked onto the sides.

Last edited by supergeekgirl : 06-19-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #37
CassidyKingston

My friend and I will be a fem Four and a steampunk Tardis! I'm new here so I hope to get to know you all
CassidyKingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #38
CassidyKingston

Talking

I am new to the site but my friend and I will be a fem Four and steampunk TARDIS!! I hope to get to meet some of you guys! Esp anyone in a really good 9 costume
CassidyKingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #39
Lucifer

My husband is rewearing his Eighth Doctor costume, while I'll be with him as Lucie Miller (audio adventures companion), with a Dalek busting gun

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #40
booksandcorsets

I maaaay be bringing my Judoon to Dragoncon this year!! Is the only DW meetup at the parade? Do you gather afterwards anywhere?
Unread 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #41
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by booksandcorsets View Post
I maaaay be bringing my Judoon to Dragoncon this year!! Is the only DW meetup at the parade? Do you gather afterwards anywhere?
We haven't decided when the meetups will be yet. There's a discussion on the Prydon Academy forums about it. http://www.prydonacademy.com/forum/v...hp?f=17&t=1652
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #42
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

I am so glad I decided to add the 500 Year Diary to my TARDIS bag! I just hope I have enough money to get Mickey and Five in addition to Seven, Benton, and the majority of Torchwood Three.

I have decided that I need to watch as much of Five and Seven before D*C. It would just be too weird asking for both of their autographs without seeing any of their episodes. There's enough time before D*C for that, right? I can always watch while I'm putting together my Eight shrug and Six umbrella. My hubby can wear headphones .

Unread 07-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #43
sunnydale_pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
SPEAKING OF SYLVESTER MCCOY!

Writing again as a reminder that I've put together a genderbend group of Doctors and we now have EVERYONE EXCEPT SEVEN!

How awesome would it be for one of YOU lovely ladies to portray the seventh Doctor at the con with the seventh Doctor?!

Designs are completely up to you. There are no rules, though I'm trying to stay away from anything too skimpy. We aspire to be cute but completely recognizable!

Here is a link to the FB group. Send a message and I'll add you! D*C is just around the corner and I really need someone to confirm pretty soon! Thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/292939057507233/
Hi, all - just echoing Arlette's post about the Femme! Doctors group. I think we still need a Seven, and I believe we lost our Six, so anyone interested? I would also be willing to step down as Femme!Nine - as much as I want to do it, my schedule is so packed on Friday with previously committed things that I don't feel I will be doing it justice. Anybody interested? It is a fun bunch of gals!!
sunnydale_pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #44
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post

I have decided that I need to watch as much of Five and Seven before D*C. It would just be too weird asking for both of their autographs without seeing any of their episodes. There's enough time before D*C for that, right? I can always watch while I'm putting together my Eight shrug and Six umbrella. My hubby can wear headphones .
I hope you enjoy them. Five is my favorite (though he's got some downright ridiculous episodes), and Seven's episodes are some of my favorites.

I'm way too excited about meeting Peter Davison. I'm saving money by sharing a hotel room with five friends this year (Embassy Suites, so not the room stuffing it sounds like), but I'm going to spend all I save on autographs and pictures at this point.
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #45
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
I hope you enjoy them. Five is my favorite (though he's got some downright ridiculous episodes), and Seven's episodes are some of my favorites.

I'm way too excited about meeting Peter Davison. I'm saving money by sharing a hotel room with five friends this year (Embassy Suites, so not the room stuffing it sounds like), but I'm going to spend all I save on autographs and pictures at this point.
That is awesome! I am jealous! I figure it'll take a miracle for David Tennant to come.