Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 02-25-2004, 08:07 PM   #1
Skullez
BOO !!

Disney Cosplay?

hehe right now i have been watchen the huntch back of notre dame * been reading the book and watchen the movie for reference*
and i dono all of a sudden i just wanted to cosplay Clopin !!!
Clopin got to me he is my all time fave disney charter..bevides nbc...

but i have no earthly idea where i woudl wear it to !! would a anime con work for a costume like his?
would any of you guys cosplay a disney charter ?! lol !? just curious.

Site of art and cosplay.

http://www.heisestudios.com
Skullez is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

While there is no rule against it, I personally feel a disney costume is not exactly appropriate for a japanese anime convention. But people wear random costumes anyway so whatever floats your boat I guess. I just think it would be weird.

I'm also moving this to the Other Costumes forum.
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2004, 11:16 PM   #3
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Hmm, my guess is; if it's a character that is found on the game "Kingdom of Heart" like Belle or Snow White or Donald Duck, there shouldn't be a problem wearing them to a Japanese Anime Convention. Anyhow, people in Japan seems to cosplay anything, even political figures at major cons like Comiket.

But my guess is, since in USA there are large amount of Cons around, some catering to any type of costumes (eg: DragonCon, DC ComicCon), some cosplayers may be very particular when they see other people wearing "inappropiate" costumes to the cons, especially when it's Cosplay (Anime/Manga/Games/JRock/JPop) related Cons. So it's a matter of how brave you're to wear the Disney Costume to an Anime Con. IMHO, it'll be a good idea to go to the Con with friends who will be in Anime/Manga costumes so you won't be seen as "some lost" soul there.
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 12:56 PM   #4
Skullez
BOO !!

i was thinking about dragon con =^.^= !
but i ingeneral wana cosplay a harleh-quinn charter! i foudn teh madd hatter but i dono if that can count.

but heck i never thoguth about kingdom hearts! i dont play it but my mom and sister love it..and so do the rest of my friends.
maybe we all can come up w/ somethin.

Site of art and cosplay.

Unread 02-26-2004, 07:33 PM   #5
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

If it's DragonCon, then there shouldn't be a problem at all. You can wear anything to it from what I had seen online.
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 01:01 AM   #6
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

I was 1 of 2 Snow Whites at DragonCon last year - no prob. About anything goes there(including costumes out of just caution tape, saran wrap, or bodypaint), so just have fun. I also wore it at Otakon, but that was because there was a Kingdom Hearts photoshoot.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 07:12 AM   #7
Skullez
BOO !!

lol i cant belive i forgot all about dragon con !
heh i couldentmake it to dragon con last year cuz i broke my foot the days before the con.
but i plan on goin this year but not as a guest artist =@.@= to mich stress involved!!

Site of art and cosplay.

Unread 02-29-2004, 02:10 AM   #8
princessbunny99
.usagi.hime.

you could always just...anime it up a little to make it more original i'm trying to think up new EGL outfits right now (might even base some on fave pokemon or whatever )
princessbunny99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2004, 05:07 PM   #9
Skullez
BOO !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbunny99
you could always just...anime it up a little to make it more original i'm trying to think up new EGL outfits right now (might even base some on fave pokemon or whatever )
heh i have always wanted to cosplay some of my origional anime art at cons when im at the artist alley to attract customers but im lazy lol !

actualy i might do that some time soon !

but yur idea for the pokemon egl is so cute!!

Site of art and cosplay.

Unread 02-29-2004, 05:34 PM   #10
DeadLegato
Homicidal Perky Goth

Ya know, I've always wanted to do a cosplay of The Collector (Bonkers) but I couldn't think of any con he'd be appropriate at... so I kinda thought maybe I'd just do him at some con and just say "to heck with it" with anyone who got all angry because it's not an "anime" character. Or I'd justify him as a video game character (I don't know if he's in the Bonkers game but someone told me he is, so I believe them just so i can justify it).

I also figured he could "kinda" count if I played him up as an anime fanboy, since the character is a big fanboy essentially... I was going to take some Love Hina manga and worship it, since I know a lot of fanboys that seem to do that.
DeadLegato is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2004, 05:09 PM   #11
Skullez
BOO !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLegato
Ya know, I've always wanted to do a cosplay of The Collector (Bonkers) but I couldn't think of any con he'd be appropriate at... so I kinda thought maybe I'd just do him at some con and just say "to heck with it" with anyone who got all angry because it's not an "anime" character. Or I'd justify him as a video game character (I don't know if he's in the Bonkers game but someone told me he is, so I believe them just so i can justify it).

I also figured he could "kinda" count if I played him up as an anime fanboy, since the character is a big fanboy essentially... I was going to take some Love Hina manga and worship it, since I know a lot of fanboys that seem to do that.
lol i remember that show! i think they did have a sega game. not sure.

but im now looken for materials to use for clopin! =^.^= !...thats just hard ...bleh..

Site of art and cosplay.

Unread 03-03-2004, 08:57 PM   #12
Cait

Slightly off topic: I made a Disney cosplay. Two, actually. They weren't for me, though, or for use at any con. They were for a little girl named Amber and she wore them to kindergarten because she rather wanted to be Ariel, and to be Ariel it helps to have her clothes. ^_^"
Cait is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2004, 11:55 AM   #13
Skullez
BOO !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait
Slightly off topic: I made a Disney cosplay. Two, actually. They weren't for me, though, or for use at any con. They were for a little girl named Amber and she wore them to kindergarten because she rather wanted to be Ariel, and to be Ariel it helps to have her clothes. ^_^"
aww thats adorible!!!

Site of art and cosplay.

Unread 03-06-2004, 12:26 PM   #14
Fénicia
Professional Seamstress

Here you can see some Disney-outfits I made.
Unread 03-07-2004, 12:31 PM   #15
Skullez
BOO !!

wow not bad ! =^.^= !
i like the alice one hehe ! alice is so cool !

Site of art and cosplay.