Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 09-29-2005, 09:15 PM   #46
Arista
Once Upon a Dream

I've cosplayed as Ariel at AX2005 (see gallery), and I definitely want to do more in the future! I'm sure there'll be PLENTY of Disney cosplay when Kingdom Hearts II comes out!

Unread 09-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #47
rei_hino
A Danger to Society

Someday I want to cosplay in Belle's gold gown not just because it's so beautiful and she's my favorite Disney character out of my favorite Disney movie, but also because of the fact that she's from Kingdom Hearts so if people limit themselves to only japanese cosplay, it could count.

Get ready guys, ANIME BOSTON 2007!
Princess Tutu- Fakir (Ducky pajamas)
Paradise Kiss ~ Miwako ^.^

rei_hino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2005, 06:24 PM   #48
.Ark.

Me and my friends are doing sort of lolita-ish princesses for Halloween. It's only the three of us though (We were going to have a Jasmine, but we're doing the whole dress-thing, so she dropped out. XX) So we have..a Cinderella and Snow White..and I'm being Belle.
.Ark. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2005, 10:23 PM   #49
Berzerker_prime
Harmless Historical Nut

People were talking about possibly inappropriate places to be wearing a Disney costume earlier in the thread. I got one for you...

I once cosplayed as Happy from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. I was one of a group of eight people doing the theme costume; all eight title characters from the movie.

The the questionable nature of the inappropriateness? Well, it was for a LotR LARP. "Seven for the Dwarf Lords in their halls of stone," you see. We couldn't pass it up. Snow White was Galadriel. We got the best reactions from the other players.

This just goes to show that you shouldn't be shy. People will appreciate a lot of things! Long story short, if you want to make the costume, make it.

Berz.

Masquerade Director for Geek.Kon.2013

Chairman - Costume Con Madison, 2016
Berzerker_prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2005, 05:29 AM   #50
Ironekilz

I would love to do a Maleficent costume. She's my favorite Disney villain and the only one to scare me (dragon form) as a kid. Well, except for the villain in The Black Cauldron. ::shudder:: The only thing is she's a giant and I'm short...I might have to wear stilts.
Unread 10-27-2005, 08:45 AM   #51
Sashi
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Maybe when I'm a lot older I'll do an Izma(The Emporer's New Groove)cosplay!
I love that character plus she has the most flamboyant outfits too
Sashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #52
ilumiari
What is "Shower?"

http://www.cospa.com/db/database.php...12540;ム

Cospa just released a set of 3 disney princess costumes. No way I'd dish out that much for one, but they are pretty. If I have a ball or something next year I'm very tempted to go as Belle.
Unread 10-30-2005, 10:37 PM   #53
xfkirsten

I just finished my first Disney costume last week! It's Sorcerer Mickey. I actually got debut it at Disneyland, at Mickey's Halloween Treat!
xfkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #54
Ryukka
Pocky Monster

weeee, i just recently did a snow white costume for halloween, pictures are in my gallery. it's kinda rushed, but oh well. i'm still pleased with it.
Ryukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2005, 12:05 AM   #55
AshleyV
KiraRhian Cosplay

I just finished up my most recent Disney Cosplay, Wendy from Peter Pan. I have done a total of 4 Disney cosplay so far (Alice, Belle, Esmeralda, Wendy) and have more planed in the future. Pictures of the outfits are in my gallery.

Facebook / Tumblr / DevianArt
AshleyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2005, 10:28 PM   #56
Koronue
Zero Gravity

Oh good! I'm so glad I found this thread instead of having to make my own. ^-^' I think it would be fun to dress up as a princess for senior prom ( I NEVER dress up girly, but I think, if I'm going to go to something like prom, I may as well go feeling like a princess right? XD ) however, I've noticed a few things. Alot of times when I try to google pictures, it seems the 'real-life' versions of such beautiful dresses seem to be sort of...dead. I don't mean to sound negative and in no way am I trying to put anyone down, I'm just wondering if that's the nature of such dresses. You really can't make them as full/elaborate/goergeous as they are in the cartoon.

I've also noticed that in Disney Princess dresses, all the gowns are just so...BRIGHT! That is, unless they're a villainess which is not exactly what I'm going for, lol. I don't think there's ever was a 'dark Disney/(Pixar or Dreamworks XD ) Princess' or even one with a dark dress, but then, I don't really have time to watch movies anymore. ^-^''

So yes, sorry for leeching on this thread and going on and on about it, but I thought it;d be better than filling up the forums with similar threads, so, if anyone has any inputs or comments about my questions, I'd love to hear. Thanks for reading.
Unread 11-12-2005, 02:34 AM   #57
Shiree-chan
We're all mad here...^-^

Yeah, I've noticed the dresses are brighter ... but you know, it's disney, has to be! <3
Especially Belle's ...

I made a design of Ariel, but without a tail ... I kind of added the tail somewhere in there, but gave her tights to give her more of a tomboy look. If anyone wants to see it, tell me and I'll post it here. ^^

Wearing to AX06
Emily- Corpse Bride
Shiree-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 06:34 PM   #58
Philipina Yuna

I have dreamed of a disney cosplay because I am dying to cosplay Mulan. Ever since I was little Ive been obssesed w/ that movie! But I think the military outfit would be hard to make.
Philipina Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:17 PM   #59
vannadear

I know there are a lot of people that really frown at wearing anything other then Anime/Manga costumes to anime conventions, like...people that even complain about video game cosplays!!

Dragoncon seems to be a lovely melting pot though!

Disney is awesome though! I really want to cosplay as Megara(from Hercules), Alice and Tinkerbell!!

Upcoming Conventions
Shuto-con [March 2011]~Motor City Comic Con {May 2011}~Detroit Fanfare [Sept 2011]~Youmacon {Oct 2011}

Last edited by vannadear : 03-22-2006 at 09:20 PM.
vannadear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #60
livvylove
.•° Loving Life °•.

I plan on making a Princess Jasmine cosplay and my boyfriend will be Aladdin, they are in Kingdom Hearts so it's ok Plus we finally get a chance to have our tans work for us and not against us. Especially because in September we spend so much time at the pool that it's hard not to get pretty dark even using SPF 40+

2011 Conventions
Momocon
SeishunCon
Dragon*Con
AWA
ATL Comic Con

Deviant ArtTwitterLivejournalMyspaceTumblr
livvylove is offline   Reply With Quote