Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 03-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #61
WilwarinAndamar
Anime NebrasKon staff

Talking Disney, Kingdom Hearts, whatever

Mulan and Megara are definately on my to-do list; Ariel and Belle maybe.

And when I get a good wig, I'm going to cosplay Vanessa (Ursula in diguise.) Because I think it's funny to dress up as a character that shares my name.

Watch the Awesome Rangers saga!
*AR3 trailer here*
WilwarinAndamar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #62
Phantom Pirate
Klokateer

I'm doing Ariel eventually...she's my all-time favorite animated Disney character. I must be the biggest Disney fanatic on the planet! I'm trying to drag my friends into an all-out Disney cosplay, but being the big ball of A.D.D they are, organization and them don't really mix well...^_^
Phantom Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2006, 01:53 AM   #63
AuroraHermione

As you can see in my avatar, I made a Briar Rose costume for Anime Expo for the Kingdom Hearts gathering... I really wanted to make Princess Aurora's dress, a version based after the dress from Walt Disney's Parade fo Dreams, but I realized that I am totally not good enough to do it justice, so to Briar Rose I went (I am such a ginormous Sleeping Beauty freak). I will eventually make a Princess Aurora dress, I just need to get better at sewing and pattern drafting: they don't make the patterns for adults. I'm also most likely going to make Belle's blue outfit (the one she wears for most of the film) soon, because I have patterns that will work for that. And I'm making my best friend a Tinker Bell costume for Anime Expo as well. I am such a Disney Otaku ^_^

AuroraHermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #64
TechieCL
MomoCon HeadStaff

I've got a wigless Ron Stoppable already together that debuted at MegaCon this year. If only I could wrangle a Kim or Shego for some pairs cosplays at the other cons I'm hitting.

MomoCon On Tour get your Fan-Fix between conventions. Photoshoots, dances, and more!
TechieCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #65
Runi-Chan
*pondering*

I'm getting the idea in my head to cosplay something from either Emperor's New Groove (the first movie..not the second. No..), or Lilo and Stitch, or perhaps even farther back...we'll see. Disney has not impressed me lately with anything besides the shiny pretty genius of Pixar.

Then again, my favorite Disney movie of all time IS "Robin Hood"...you know, the version with all the animals? I would so do that version of Robin Hood...only not so..fluffy.
God, Stitch rubs off on my mind. I can't think of that word in that context without it coming out like that little critter says it. XD

I think it would be interesting to walk into a Disney store in a mall in a costume like that...especially if you're dressed as a totally selfish egotistical character..*coughKUZCO!cough*..I'm sure it would cause all sorts of mayhem.

Of course, depending on the character, you could just act really really disspointed in what happened when the franchise went from movie to direct-to-video, to show. Ew. It burns.

I think the nicest thing about Disney cosplay though would probably be the reactions from little kids when they see their favorite character walking around, for free (if you're cosplaying at a mall or something), and it makes them smile...I know it does.

I'm going to a mall for Halloween this year anyways, but I was going to wear Takuto...I think I might wear something Disney instead.

Last edited by Runi-Chan : 06-07-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Runi-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2006, 10:45 PM   #66
Phantom Pirate
Klokateer

Quote:
I think the nicest thing about Disney cosplay though would probably be the reactions from little kids when they see their favorite character walking around, for free (if you're cosplaying at a mall or something), and it makes them smile...I know it does.
That's exactly the reason I want to work at Disneyland as Ariel or Belle someday. I just love seeing little ones smile.
Unread 07-02-2006, 11:30 PM   #67
AshleyV
KiraRhian Cosplay

I'm working on my 5th Disney cosplay and I have 3 more planned after I finish Megara from Hurcules. Eventually I will have the outfits for all of my favorite female Disney characters.

Facebook / Tumblr / DevianArt
AshleyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2006, 11:33 PM   #68
Nevturiel
WTS: Epic Anger

It's cool to see how many people have actually done Disney cosplays. It makes me a little angry to hear that some people don't like cosplays that aren't Japanese . . . I mean, didn't cosplay start in America? Or am I just misinterpreting this article? People should have the freedom to cosplay as whoever they want, even if they aren't from a manga or anime. But, not everyone believes the same things I do. *shrug*
Nevturiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 09:35 AM   #69
gamergirlx
Tentacle Seller

I think what the article is trying to say is that costuming at cons and stuff originally started in America (though I would hardly think any creditable writer would say that considering that costuming has been a part of many cultures throughout history). Unless they purely meant activities such as hall costuming and the masquerade. And I myself haven't done research so what do I know? *shrugs*

"Cosplay" was coined by Nov Takahashi when they visited at the Worldcon and was inspired by the costuming and brought that fascination back to Japan where cosplay (more focused on dressing as anime/manga characters) took off. Though today, cosplay in the US and Japan is still quite different. Here in the US we use cosplay to show off our craftsmanship and to support our fandom. In Japan, I do believe it is still considered more a fetish where the cosplayers hide their real identities behind aliases and keep it a secret from employers, etc. The article does sound a bit biased imo.

But anyways, back to the topic, I only have one disney costume currently which is Organization King Mickey. However, I hope to have another one sometime in the next year...
My Cosplay Website: www.gamergirlx.com
My Cosplay Facebook Page:
Just For Fun: Click here to help me grow my city
gamergirlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 10:10 AM   #70
Arlette
Let it Go

Disney costumes could be acceptable at Dragon*Con or probably any comic con. And I personally have no beef with people wearing them to anime cons, either. I don't play Kingdom Hearts so I don't know which characters have been in the games, so when I see Disney cosplay I just assume it's from Kingdom Hearts. ^_^;

My favorite has always been Jasmine, and I think with a tan I could pull her off. It's just not on my list of things to do, really. I also love Meg from Hercules. Both have been in Kingdom Hearts at some point, I think. (the hubby plays it and he tries to keep me in the know.)

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #71
vampirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlette
Disney costumes could be acceptable at Dragon*Con or probably any comic con. And I personally have no beef with people wearing them to anime cons, either. I don't play Kingdom Hearts so I don't know which characters have been in the games, so when I see Disney cosplay I just assume it's from Kingdom Hearts. ^_^;

My favorite has always been Jasmine, and I think with a tan I could pull her off. It's just not on my list of things to do, really. I also love Meg from Hercules. Both have been in Kingdom Hearts at some point, I think. (the hubby plays it and he tries to keep me in the know.)
Yup, Jasmine is in both games and Meg is in the 2nd. A lot of Disney characters have been in the games(even Tron), I'm excited to see which ones will be in the 3rd. And I hope because of this a lot of the uptight "cosplay should only be Japanese" people will hopefully learn to lighten up a bit. If you think about it like all Disney characters kind of exist in the same universe like Final Fantasy characters from different games do then at least it can all be related back to Kingdom Hearts. Of course Disney cosplayers shouldn't have to justify themselves this way, but at least they've got an edge now.
vampirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 11:22 PM   #72
YuffieK
RosieGaga

yay, I just cosplayed as Belle to Sac-Anime this past weekend DD

pictures can be found here: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.ph...9&member=12958
YuffieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #73
Scrapped Neko
Curiosity killed this cat

Personally, I would love to do a super elaborate version of Cinderella. I'd also love to do Jane's yellow dress (Tarzan) and Kida with her battle armor (Atlantis). They're my top 3 favorite Disney characters (besides Lady from Lady and the Tramp, but it might look weird if I attempted to cosplay her.. O.o )
Unread 07-20-2006, 01:27 AM   #74
xXKujaXx
Learn Things

To me it would seem like wearing an anime costume to a Star Trek covention, its not what people are there for.

and for me my disney costume would be Jack Sparrow or the great mouse detective <3
xXKujaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2006, 05:18 AM   #75
Technoir
Scaley Manfish

I'm dying to cosplay Captain Amelia from Treasure Planet. XD; The makeup would be a lot of work, but I'm totally willing to do it. Someday!
Technoir is offline   Reply With Quote