Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #211
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormoonfan14 View Post
Progress! ;7; It's finally starting to look like Chii's outfit, after 9 straight hours of sewing. How is everyone elses cosplay progress going?
I have all the bits and pieces of my skyrim one... now I need to put it all together. And my not so helpful brother hasn't touched his Auron sword that he wants fixed. I am NOT touching it... he didn't even help me with the skyrim crap *rants* Now to figure out a skit or whatnot for the masquerade.... and knowing nothing about skyrim doesn't help.... all I know is something about an arrow in the knee, but I don't get it.... Help please?

Still need to tinker with Hex... I might just end up using the handy-man's secret weapon to steady the shoulders.

And I was going to make an awesome beaded mask for the third day (to turn into a Zapdos), but I can't be arsed to do it... so the Frog head (Kerero) is coming.

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #212
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I REALLY hope I can find my camera. I haven't been able to take any progress photos, and it'll majorly suck to not have any con photos.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #213
siyrean

over a month and my new wig still hasn't arrived. That's it, I'm emailing China.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver.
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #214
HidoshiNobunaga
Fire on the Mountain

"I'm emailing China" may be one of my favourite statements ever.
1 Summers Lane, Hamilton, ON
HidoshiNobunaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #215
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Hey Attentions Cosplayers - I'm looking for videos of old/new Masquerade skits to show during a panel at Con-G to be critiqued. I'd love some good and bad examples of ones (we obviously can't critique ones we don't have permission to use) and maybe some Masters have links to their Novice debuts?

ALSO LOL emailing China.

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #216
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I don't know if the video's still up, but my first (and best novice-winning) skit from Con-G last year is free for the using. I put the link on the costume info for my Schala cosplay. I'm on my phone now, though, so I can't double-check that it's still there.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #217
MDA
Destiny Productions

I almost got done painting Xemnas' coat.... and then I ran out of paint TT_TT Tomorrow's mission is to get more black paint. And all I have left is half of a sleeve! And to do the chains. Then I can consider this beast done.

Vincenza (femme Vincent) still needs her headband and at least the glove armour.

Rydia, barrettes and boot covers. I might see about different boots for her though >>
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #218
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

So it's been decided that I'll be wearing my CC red butterfly dress on Saturday with my friends as Euphemia, Anya and Nunally (all artbook versions). :3 Hopefully some of us will be doing a little number for the masquerade too.

I'll be in lolita the other two days for comfort's sake.

Excited for Con-G! It's always so much fun. ^^

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #219
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...station=&zone=

I really really dont understand the GO bus guys...
So does that mean it dosen't stop at Guelph University? Was hoping to take the 10:30, 11:20 or 11:30 bus.
and how long is that roughly owo 2 hours?
I dont take the bus often so I am dont get it honestly?~

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #220
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeraのTsuki View Post
So it's been decided that I'll be wearing my CC red butterfly dress on Saturday with my friends as Euphemia, Anya and Nunally (all artbook versions). :3 Hopefully some of us will be doing a little number for the masquerade too.

I'll be in lolita the other two days for comfort's sake.

Excited for Con-G! It's always so much fun. ^^
AWESOME! I can't wait to see it!

I certainly hope you aren't a Journeyman because I will get my butt kicked (I'm sorry if you're like Master or something and that's insulting to you! :S I have only been in 1 masquerade where anyone who was really anyone was in it and it was AN and AN is like... impossible to know who's who!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailormoonfan14 View Post
Progress! ;7; It's finally starting to look like Chii's outfit, after 9 straight hours of sewing. How is everyone elses cosplay progress going?
Well my Friday cosplay (Zero) has been finished for 3 years now... I just have to make sure all the pieces are together...
Saturday (Alucard) is done as far as I can work on them, my Seras is making my guns for me... I just have to do a bit of minor sewing on my Seras's gloves...
Sunday (Battler), I just have to fix the zipper a bit (one corner is starting to loosen up on its seam!) and take in my Beato's new vest (suit/19th visitor version)
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

Last edited by Rainbowgasm : 02-12-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #221
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Goodness, wearing eight makeup items on your eyes alone is a novelty. I've got three colours eyeshadow, three kinds of eyeliner, mascara and false lashes on for Quorra. @_@
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #222
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
AWESOME! I can't wait to see it!

I certainly hope you aren't a Journeyman because I will get my butt kicked (I'm sorry if you're like Master or something and that's insulting to you! :S I have only been in 1 masquerade where anyone who was really anyone was in it and it was AN and AN is like... impossible to know who's who!)
Thanks, I'm excited to wear it on Canadian turf! =) Especially since I didn't cosplay my last Con-G so I'm itching to mingle in costume. *-*

Lol no, not journeyman, and I'm not insulted at all. ^^ I'm artisan/master (not sure which one to put myself in).

AN masquerade was insane. I only got to know the people in my den and my friends who I knew were entering. I recall seeing your Code Geass entry though! What are you entering for Con-G?

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #223
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...station=&zone=

I really really dont understand the GO bus guys...
So does that mean it dosen't stop at Guelph University? Was hoping to take the 10:30, 11:20 or 11:30 bus.
and how long is that roughly owo 2 hours?
I dont take the bus often so I am dont get it honestly?~
What station are you coming from and I can help sort you out

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #224
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quick question (I have emailed twice but may have gotten lost)

Do the projectors for the panels have an HDMI input?

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #225
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeraのTsuki View Post
Thanks, I'm excited to wear it on Canadian turf! =) Especially since I didn't cosplay my last Con-G so I'm itching to mingle in costume. *-*

Lol no, not journeyman, and I'm not insulted at all. ^^ I'm artisan/master (not sure which one to put myself in).

AN masquerade was insane. I only got to know the people in my den and my friends who I knew were entering. I recall seeing your Code Geass entry though! What are you entering for Con-G?
Yeah, at AN I only got to know a few people in my den, and not even by name, except I'm sure that a few people from cosplay.com were in it... we were SO nervous and I basically froze solid on stage, I couldn't look up! XP but I've had some minor practice since so I shouldn't be like that here! I'm entering my Alucard costume!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote