Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #271
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
the only comfy shoes i have is for Friday... the shortest day... those shoes I can walk in for DAYS... but Sat and Sun I gotta pull out the 7 inch Demonia platforms... curses having a male figure (with boobs) but being so short! The boobs I can deal with binding but the height has to be fixed with platforms... Imma break my ankle one day in them ;_; how people used them to DANCE in the disco era will always be a mystery to me... curses Alucard and Battler for being so tall!
That sounds painful. Take breaks! I'd have 2 busted ankles in your situation. I just need to worry about remembering to wear my shoe inserts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart:Dense Boy View Post
Emails aren't getting gobbled up, my brain however is from work and getting the program done for printing. It was easier for him to send an email then read through all my correspondence.
My apologies. I know it's a stupid-busy time for you guys right now. I did send an email back to him.

Also bring on the SSMB! I'm training!

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #272
kawaiilove
I hate homestuck

Getting Minori and Ninth done today!!!!!

kawaiilove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #273
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
That sounds painful. Take breaks! I'd have 2 busted ankles in your situation. I just need to worry about remembering to wear my shoe inserts.
they are actually pretty easy to walk in around the hotel, its more outside in photo taking areas that I can't deal too well with the snow and stuff, since grass itself can be an issue... and I think even that would be less of an issue if they fit properly (the seller told us they were womans size 7 but they are a mens 7, no way they are womans size 7), at $135 I can't afford to buy a pair that fits, and we missed the deadline to return/exchange them because I was living 2 hours from the friend who bought them for me at the time and couldn't get out to see her for 3 weeks after they arrived... I have Dr.Sholls for them, and so they are pretty comfy too when I am just on level ground... they are more of an annoyance then trouble, though I'm pretty sure my music will have to be turned up for the masq to be herd over my clomping around XP
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #274
zeekayart
derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash1616 View Post
No, no, that is amazing. Seeing your wip shot literally made me squeal out loud, you have to make Russer, I want to see it.
Finished Russer last night! Mona cosplay is done 5 days ahead of schedule! Wooooohoooo!!

and SuperBee: I know. LOL.
☐ ConBravo!
☐ Otakuthon
☐ Youmacon

2014 Costume Plans
?????????????????i
zeekayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #275
flash1616
don't touch the Mytho

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekayart View Post
Finished Russer last night! Mona cosplay is done 5 days ahead of schedule! Wooooohoooo!!
SO cute XD and woo for finishing a head of time! (it's such a nice feeling eh?)

@Rainbowgasm : I never wore 7" platforms as a kid, but I did where 3" ones, I was like 7-9 yrs old playing sports and regular kid things outside, I still can't fathom how I did that.
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #276
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash1616 View Post
SO cute XD and woo for finishing a head of time! (it's such a nice feeling eh?)

@Rainbowgasm : I never wore 7" platforms as a kid, but I did where 3" ones, I was like 7-9 yrs old playing sports and regular kid things outside, I still can't fathom how I did that.
I had a pair of 3 inch ones back in elementary school when the Spice Girls made them popular again, and I did basically everything normally... I still dont get how those girls danced like that in the 7 inch ones or 7 inch heels! but its been a good 15 years since I had those so there is no muscle memory or anything if there was any to be had XP
Unread 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #277
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I did that too! I think it's because kids have better balance. We tend to lose it as adults, especially if we stop playing/doing sports like gymnastics or dance.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #278
MutantCanuck

Ugh, I need to decide if I'll save Lion Ushiromiya for later (when the person making my costume will actually be done and able to ship it in time) I feel like I don't have enough time to put together a makeshift one (which includes going and doing some fabric shopping and wig cutting.) I need to concentrate on my schoolwork, so I can enjoy the convention.... That would also allow me to cosplay Tris Prior two days too. XD lol.
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #279
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
I did that too! I think it's because kids have better balance. We tend to lose it as adults, especially if we stop playing/doing sports like gymnastics or dance.
I'd like to think I've kept some balance from riding but... you're probably right :S
Unread 02-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #280
MutantCanuck

So yeah, no Lion. So Tris Prior on both Friday and Sunday. Book cosplay for the win!
MutantCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #281
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

YAY! I FINALLY found my camera! (Also, book cosplay here too- I decided to pull out Molly Millions from Neuromancer for my Friday outfit.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #282
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekayart View Post

and SuperBee: I know. LOL.
Yea.... don't be offended if I purposely avoid you haha!

I don't know if it's a balance thing. When I was a kid I was prone to ankle sprains and I still am. And heals make me fall flat on my face.

I think I have Friday Hex (with floating skull - which is not actually floating), Saturday the Skyrim and Sunday Auron and what ever I decide because I haven't decided yet.... Count down is on!

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #283
MDA
Destiny Productions

I officially hate having to restart pieces of a costume. At least what I'm restarting can be done in a day. Tried making my beads and decorations for Xemnas out of homemade clay, and when I baked them they all cracked. Had extra from making it, but the clay just won't stay round TT_TT

So dowel! Time to cut up the one I bought for AndrAIa a year and a half ago! I can always get another one. But this is an emergency. Just cut all the pieces out, sand down two to points, carve, drill, paint, glue, VOILA! And seal of course...

Crap still gotta make boots TT_TT But those will be easy. After Kuja's last year... Rydia's will be simple.

And question about masq.:
Is it ok for rather OOC performances? What I want to do is very out of character for Xemnas, but I'm considering it because I want it to be entertaining. I'm at a lost now :/

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #284
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

Changed cosplay again~

Friday: Snow White
Saturday: Fancy Dog Tier Jade - Homestuck
Sunday: Fem!Cas - Supernatural

I am exited guys!!

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:46 AM   #285
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Well, it turns out that the new costume I was going to make should have been started loooong before today (quel suprise). I'm pretty disappointed in myself on that one.

Regardless, my little Con-G video just went up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cpDqTYhhH4

Cosplay plans: Wendy for Friday (Gravity Falls); ?? for Saturday, and Crystal Entropy (OC) for Sunday. And if you want to vote on my Saturday costume, you can do it here: https://www.facebook.com/questions/475951062454681/