Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #361
Rock nam Lee
Saiyan Photographer

Nooooo I don't want Con-G to end!!!! : (

I'll have all my pics and stuff up in a day or two.
Rock nam Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #362
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Con-G was a lot of fun! =) I had fun just hanging out with friends and enjoying my weekend. I only cosplayed for 3ish hours so that was a nice change haha~

Sailormoonfan14 your Chi was so cute! I think I saw you as Yuna last year too, when I was selling at my table.

zeekayart your nanalan costume gave me so many nostalgic feels~

I'm so sad I didn't get to talk to people outside of my den in the green room. =( I didn't even realize that so many people from coscom were there haha. My friends and I were stuck in our ballgowns and didn't want to move around because it was a huge hassle to get anywhere. Everyone looked great though! It was an awesome show. ^^

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #363
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

^ Wish I could have seen your dress up close. lol I wanted to see all the cut out. I love all the dressing cut I adored the shape of the Euphemia wings. ^_^

I kept say "Russser!" When you walked by zeekayart. lol It always sounder like that then Russell. lol

I like that this was a chili con for me as well. Very helpful spandex panel i attended for my current AN projects as well. I'm making legging after all.

I want to get a few things from the dealers room but no one had it. I instead but a ton Wolfe FX appetizers and the basics palette. lol

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 02-25-2013 at 03:30 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #364
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

zeekayart: your Nanalan creeped the heck outta me. As did those Dalecks.... I hate those things.... HATE.... especially that green one with the air cannons.... gees I got blasted... I hate those...

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
-Marika Kato - Pirate Captain
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #365
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Thanks to those who came to my panels, and thanks for being patient with me as this was my first time running panels. And I apologize to those who were crocheting, if you keep practicing you will be able to get it. It takes a while to figure out how to hold the yarn and the hook and figure out where it goes.
Hi SuperBee - I was at your crochet workshop! I didn't catch your name at the panel though so I didn't know that it was you teaching I definitely picked up at least the single crochet stitch, and enjoyed making what my friends and I determined must have been a crocheted plantain LOL
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #366
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Hi SuperBee - I was at your crochet workshop! I didn't catch your name at the panel though so I didn't know that it was you teaching I definitely picked up at least the single crochet stitch, and enjoyed making what my friends and I determined must have been a crocheted plantain LOL
Oh HI! That's too funny! That happens, until you get the tension right. My first few projects turned into triangles....

I'm glad You can do so much with just the single stitch.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #367
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
zeekayart: your Nanalan creeped the heck outta me. As did those Dalecks.... I hate those things.... HATE.... especially that green one with the air cannons.... gees I got blasted... I hate those...
me too... and even more so for my gf XP we were just returning from Timmies and were waiting at the elevator when it blasted air at her and she jumped... lucky her coffee was still not opened or it would have been all over her Seras costume and I seriously would have taken that damn thing out... forget exterminating, I would have gone all Baskerville Alucard on that thing and ripped it to shreds... completely on instinct... I had to hold back the rest of the weekend as it was... its cool, but can they NOT startle people like that? Ruined costumes are NOT fun especially when you've worked so hard on them... and in some cases you'll only end up with a ruined Dalek yourself because some people have a bit more of a fight instinct then flight and can be pretty protective with cosplay... they need to stop...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #368
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah, I wasn't happy at the big dalek. Sure, they're big and high-tech, but they took up tons of space and blocked the halls, and I wasn't happy to get blasted with compressed air. Especially when trying to comb my wig.
(Also, I was the Twilight Sparkle at your crochet panel! Don't feel bad, I just think I should stick to embroidery since I never have been good with knitting/braiding/weaving or non-needle textile things. But I tried! And I'm actually thinking of hosting an embroidery workshop for next year, myself.)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #369
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
me too... and even more so for my gf XP we were just returning from Timmies and were waiting at the elevator when it blasted air at her and she jumped... lucky her coffee was still not opened or it would have been all over her Seras costume and I seriously would have taken that damn thing out... forget exterminating, I would have gone all Baskerville Alucard on that thing and ripped it to shreds... completely on instinct... I had to hold back the rest of the weekend as it was... its cool, but can they NOT startle people like that? Ruined costumes are NOT fun especially when you've worked so hard on them... and in some cases you'll only end up with a ruined Dalek yourself because some people have a bit more of a fight instinct then flight and can be pretty protective with cosplay... they need to stop...
Oh my brother thought that stupid thing was humourous! If you would have went all kung fu on it I would have joined you. I don't know anything about Dr. Who (sorry fans of Dr. Who) so I would have gladly taken it out. That air cannon was the worst! Bad idea.... By the end of the con I just avoided it like the plague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yeah, I wasn't happy at the big dalek. Sure, they're big and high-tech, but they took up tons of space and blocked the halls, and I wasn't happy to get blasted with compressed air. Especially when trying to comb my wig.
(Also, I was the Twilight Sparkle at your crochet panel! Don't feel bad, I just think I should stick to embroidery since I never have been good with knitting/braiding/weaving or non-needle textile things. But I tried! And I'm actually thinking of hosting an embroidery workshop for next year, myself.)
Ohh Hi too! (I think Twilight Sparkle is a pony?) I commend you for trying . It is called a lost art for a reason. I was surprised will all the guys in the room.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #370
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yep, you mostly called me pony at the panel. (Blue wig, purple horn and ears, purple schoolgirl outfit)
My guess with the guys is a con has less of a "girls do x, boys do y" air to it so a guy interested in traditionally girly things has far less stigma to try it out there.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #371
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yep, you mostly called me pony at the panel. (Blue wig, purple horn and ears, purple schoolgirl outfit)
My guess with the guys is a con has less of a "girls do x, boys do y" air to it so a guy interested in traditionally girly things has far less stigma to try it out there.
Ahh I'm sorry. I hope you weren't offended. I really don't know anything about MLP I just assumed. My brother watches it, I do not so I did not know the name. I'm sorry.

-Giant Gastly
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #372
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

Can't Con-G be an bi-annual convention instead?? D: Have it once every 2 years? I'd be too sad to see it go forever... a Con that is so successful.. It's just not right... But I totally completely understand what the staff is going through, so it's ok.~ :'') and I most def believe in breaks... But maybe a break is just what is needed maybe? ..Maybe..??
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #373
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Nope, no offense! Pony is close enough. XD
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #374
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

I'm not surprised that everybody's complaining about the Daleks (and I say this as fellow members of the Doctor Who Society of Canada). The hallway space is quite small for Dreadnought (the green one) and there's a YouTube vid of one instance where he almost ran over a sitting person's leg. Heck, I had to run crowd control as the Ninth Doctor late Saturday afternoon.

I like those guys, but the venue is too small for Dreadnought.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #375
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiryuux View Post
I'm not surprised that everybody's complaining about the Daleks (and I say this as fellow members of the Doctor Who Society of Canada). The hallway space is quite small for Dreadnought (the green one) and there's a YouTube vid of one instance where he almost ran over a sitting person's leg. Heck, I had to run crowd control as the Ninth Doctor late Saturday afternoon.

I like those guys, but the venue is too small for Dreadnought.
Looks like a complicated costume to get around in. Not enough visual field to navigate small areas.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote