Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #376
raevix

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekayart View Post
@raevix: Oh my gosh in the masq. green room I was wondering how you were surviving in there!! I had to step out of the room a couple times and I was just in a dress lol. Amazing costume, I could not stop looking at it!

Oh, and if anyone has photos of my Nanalan' cosplay a pm would be appreciated, I only got two pictures of it myself on the weekend, oops haha!
Thank you very much! The head has a fan that draws air in and blows it directly into my face, it really helps keep you feeling cool. That and lots of cold water fed through a straw. I was really surprised at how well I did, I will budget my schedule for much more time in costume at my next convention! I LOVED seeing your Nanalan outfit by the way. I only ever watched Nanalan by accident, but it was always so endearing, especially the opening sequence. You couldn't tell, but I had a big smile on under my head!

#Con-G-Ending - I agree with everyone, I'm so sad to see it go! This was actually my very first Con-G and I had so much fun. I've never learned so much at a convention before. I will be constructing my very first shield in the next two weeks using information I got just from this convention. I'd really hate to lose access to such an incredible local con!

#Daleks - I didn't realise the Daleks were blasting people without their permission. That's not cool, you can really mess up a costume doing that or just scare the pants off of anybody not expecting it
raevix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #377
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raevix View Post
#Daleks - I didn't realise the Daleks were blasting people without their permission. That's not cool, you can really mess up a costume doing that or just scare the pants off of anybody not expecting it
The Daleks are usually pretty careful about their air cannons, give people ample warning and don't randomly blast people as I recall. Still, Dreadnought's cannons are way too powerful to use in such a small space.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #378
Train
Stray Cat

Hello! Well, for all the times i've been to Con-G (which is only twice actually....the very first one they held and this years), its always been such a delight to attend. The staff have always been very friendly and helpful, and the everyone have always brought such wonderful work (both outfits and props). I was especially happy to see the variety of cosplay this year and receive some love for Ghbili (my gf and I cosplayed Kiki and Tombo from Kiki's delivery service). Though I am quite saddened by the news, I'm really thankful to all the staff and organizaers for all the good time i've had at Con-G =)
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #379
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by raevix View Post
#Con-G-Ending - I agree with everyone, I'm so sad to see it go! This was actually my very first Con-G and I had so much fun. I've never learned so much at a convention before. I will be constructing my very first shield in the next two weeks using information I got just from this convention. I'd really hate to lose access to such an incredible local con!
It was nice to see you at so many of my panels! I'm glad you had a good time and learned a lot, and you did great at the masquerade ^_^
Unread 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #380
raevix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
It was nice to see you at so many of my panels! I'm glad you had a good time and learned a lot, and you did great at the masquerade ^_^
Thank you so much! And thank you for hosting those panels!
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #381
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I wanted to add, if anyone got photos of me in my Quorra costume I would be SO happy to get them off of you! My boyfriend ended up not getting any pictures of me in my costume, and I was going to to do a paid shoot with that photography setup but they had a crash that made that impossible.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #382
Uta Arashino
Owner of Olivia's Atelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train View Post
Hello! Well, for all the times i've been to Con-G (which is only twice actually....the very first one they held and this years), its always been such a delight to attend. The staff have always been very friendly and helpful, and the everyone have always brought such wonderful work (both outfits and props). I was especially happy to see the variety of cosplay this year and receive some love for Ghbili (my gf and I cosplayed Kiki and Tombo from Kiki's delivery service). Though I am quite saddened by the news, I'm really thankful to all the staff and organizaers for all the good time i've had at Con-G =)
Ah! You were the Tombo! You and your girlfriend were adorable. Made me wish I had my camera on me.

I was the animated Teen Titans Raven on Saturday. (And then Marceline Sunday.)

Last edited by Uta Arashino : 02-26-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Uta Arashino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #383
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiryuux View Post
The Daleks are usually pretty careful about their air cannons, give people ample warning and don't randomly blast people as I recall. Still, Dreadnought's cannons are way too powerful to use in such a small space.
there was no warnings what so ever... my gf even talked to the operator of the smaller gold one and told him she didn't appreciate being blown at without warning because it scared her, and then the operator of the green one did it on purpose with no warning and laughed like it was a big joke... we all thought the Daleks themselves were cool, but that was NOT cool!
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #384
SuperBee
Jill of all trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
there was no warnings what so ever... my gf even talked to the operator of the smaller gold one and told him she didn't appreciate being blown at without warning because it scared her, and then the operator of the green one did it on purpose with no warning and laughed like it was a big joke... we all thought the Daleks themselves were cool, but that was NOT cool!
Yes I am fairly sure they were doing it on purpose. I got blasted from behind with no warning. As I can see the humour in that, I am a purpose who dislike surprises and that was a little much.

I didn't take many pictures over the weekend, but took a few. I'll try and post them when I figure out how...

Giant Diglett will return!

Possible Future Cosplays:
-Zapdos Original design (humanoid)
-Unown Original design (humanoid)
-Giant Gastly
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #385
MDA
Destiny Productions

I'm so glad I was able to make it back to Guelph for Con-G Best convention I've been to to date! Con-G 2013 officially trumps Montreal Comic Con 11, AN 08, and Otakuthon 12 for me.

Friday I was the female Vincent Valentine walking around with the damaged boot armour - cardboard + tons of slush = damaged cosplay. I was with Daniel Bryan cosplayer - only girl that knew it was Daniel Bryan :P

Saturday Final Form Xemnas. I was the one that was short with the tan that entered the masquerade. I still can't believe I got something for that @_@ Journeyman now. Anime North will murder me xD But that cosplay is much bigger. And wouldn't fit at Con-G due to size. Joy oh bliss. In the afternoon I was with Coreciellen from Keepers (basically tall guy in a blue wig with pigtails, a bloodied left arm, and all black clothes)

Sunday was Rydia from Final Fantasy IV with my Edward (aka Liliana - I love you Eddy! xD) though I was mostly found with Sergei Dragunov from Tekken. How people thought we were from the same game I'd like to know. I was green and sparkly and he was in a suit with scars. Dafuq? xD
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #386
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

The Con-G Staff has mostly recovered from the weekend, we'll be updating the website soon with a whole bunch of goodies (videos we find, pics, interviews, masq awards, etc). Please send some well wishes to Christian Sandrock (head bossman of tech) who has been hit with a major case of con plague.

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #387
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDA View Post
Saturday Final Form Xemnas. I was the one that was short with the tan that entered the masquerade. I still can't believe I got something for that @_@ Journeyman now. Anime North will murder me xD But that cosplay is much bigger. And wouldn't fit at Con-G due to size. Joy oh bliss. In the afternoon I was with Coreciellen from Keepers (basically tall guy in a blue wig with pigtails, a bloodied left arm, and all black clothes)
Yours was a fun presentation. Did you strap your extendable light saber hilt to you arms. lol Yeah for large sleeve trench coats.

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #388
zeekayart
derp

@Ani_BEE lol! I heard some Russers while I was walking around, couldn't tell if it was my friends or someone else though, you can't hear (or see) anything in that head!

@raevix: HAHA well thank-you! And oooh a fan... that sounds like a great idea.

@KakeraのTsuki: Thanks! Your dresses were sooo pretty omg. Congratulations on Best In Show!!

@SuperBee: Ha! A children's show puppet character is as scary as a mutant thing from Doctor Who! Those Daleks were pretty annoying by the 5th time they went through the halls, Auric's alright cause he's tiny but Dreadnaught was just too big to let anyone pass by safely. Still cool to see the craftsmanship.
☐ ConBravo!
☐ Otakuthon
☐ Youmacon

2014 Costume Plans
?????????????????i
zeekayart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #389
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Yours was a fun presentation. Did you strap your extendable light saber hilt to you arms. lol Yeah for large sleeve trench coats.
Nope they fit in there quite snugly Though I had a hard time with them while in the green room. Locks on the sabers kept disengaging xD I was so worried they'd release too soon on stage.
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #390
raevix

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3356941/ Finished work on my shield! I may add a few tweaks here and there before the next convention, but yay for Con-G!