Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 11-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Dtk

Death The Kid Cosplay ideas?

This year where I live Im going to A19 (Animethon 19), Which is a Alberta based Animethon. This will be my first time cosplaying and I'm looking for help. Such as what important pieces would make it stand out, such as accessories. Which version would be good. Lines of Sanzu version or just plain Death the Kid. Considering this will be my very first time cosplaying I would love to get some help and ideas to make this cosplay a success. So if anyone can recommened some tutorials for making the pistols or the dual death cannons. Or even how to do the hair. Anything will help. Post links of anything you think will help me out. Thanks~
Dtk is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
Autumn_light
Also known as Wingedlight

I made a Kid cosplay over the summer, just the regular version. Based off of mine, I have a few helpful (I hope) hints. For the jacket, I just got a plain one at goodwill that fit me, and then sewed on the white lines, using velcro under them on the ones that go down the middle to fasten the jacket together. I had to alter it a little though (as you probably will too) to take off the collar, since his jacket has none and pretty much any one you find will. For the pistols, I just bought the closest models I could find online in air pistols, then painted them the correct colors, using sculpy for the little death heads. I also got a cheap-o skateboard from Target and painted it the right design. Finally, for his wig I just recommend getting a black one in the right style on ebay, and painting the lines on. Seriously. Acrylic paint, some nice straight lines, it looks great XD Then after it's all dry, style the spikes in the front with hair gel and you're all set. Here are some pictures of mine for reference: http://wingedlight.deviantart.com/gallery/39637923 If you have any questions shoot me a message! Sorry if I didn't help at all ^^;
Autumn_light is offline   Reply With Quote