Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Ren-no-chi
Why yes, I AM insane

Skipping cosplay a day at the con?

I was planning ahead for my next convention and was considering only packing enough cosplays for two days, and just wearing casual clothes, and maybe a wig on Friday, which is the slow day at the convention I go to, so I could relax and shop. Does anyone else skip a day of cosplaying, or do you cosplay for the entire convention?

Unread 11-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

I usually wear a simple costume.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

There's certainly nothing wrong with it; it's quite common. Personally I usually don't, because I'm going to spend every possible second in cosplay when I only get three cons a year, and I usually pack a comfier costume to wear along with a fancy one. My boyfriend, on the other hand, is far less serious a cosplayer and usually only cosplays one day of the con unless there's an event or photoshoot on a second day to put it on again for. Lol, he gets to be my pack-mule, foot-rubber, "help me get this wig off"-er and prop carrier on the other days. XD
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #4
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Sometimes I skip cosplaying at entire conventions, depending on how I'm feeling, what the weather's like, etc.

There's certainly no rule saying that you have to cosplay at conventions.
Unread 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Shirayuki~Chan

It totally depends on the cosplays I have. If I wore them, and didn't like them all that much, or they were uncomfortable(like high heels, or annoying long wigs), then I usually relax on Sunday. But if it's a cosplay that I spent a ton of money on, I'm totally going to wear it on Sunday

Cosplays:
Blackfire- Teen Titans
Weiss Schnee (White Outfit)- RWBY

Shirayuki~Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
carnival
tl;dr

I don't normally skip it. It all depends on my mood. Sometimes I like to wear a casual cosplay towards the end of a con weekend. Its easier to pack up and leave in a casual outfit on the last day. :3

Facebook page: Monochrome Tea
Tumblr: monochrometea.tumblr.com

2013 Convention Schedule
SacAnime Winter
Animation on Display
Fanime
Kintoki Con
Comic Con
Japan Expo (US)
carnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
glassbutterfly

i usually dont cosplay on day 0 and the very last day. they are usually shortened days so im not really missing out, i think.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
Akahime
Red Princess

Like some others said. It just depends on my mood too. If I'm feeling a little lazy or exhausted from the cosplay I just take it off for a couple of hours before switching to the next one, or just don't wear one for the night. That is, if I have a hotel room. LOL I always cosplay at least once a day all three days for a little while. It's not a requirement to cosplay all three days of course.
Quina (FFIX), Kat (Gravity Rush), Nausicaš (Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind)?, Cheria (Tales of Graces)?, Tia of Avalon Code, Lan Fan of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Kyoko of Skip Beat!, Monster Hunter?

Next cons: Midoricon, Anime Fusion?
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #9
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

It's totally normal! After one day of a convention, I usually go wearing my casual clothes since depending on the shoes I wear for my cosplay, they always tend to strain my foot since half of my cosplay shoes, the heels are made out of wood and can get uncomfortable after a couple hours of walking.
If the weathers beautiful, I wear a costume that is light but if the weathers a bit chilly, I always bring a much a costume that is perfect for a chilly day.
It's totally up to you.
Guo Jia [Dynasty Warrior 8]
Fem!Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Military Akira [Togainu no Chi]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #10
SeraphicSkitty

Yeah, it's pretty normal to skip one day, especially if you're costume is crazy and you plan on buying stuff. I usually plan a half-day in normal clothes just for that.
SeraphicSkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #11
kuroki-neko
A hero reborn

on day 0 i normally wear a simple cosplay thats not that important but still a real character. i only get to go to two cons per year if im lucky. at my last con i went to i thought i had to wear something over my cosplay but i did not so that really ruined my mood for the whole con no one reconized my character.

if i don't want to wear my primary cosplay or my simple one i have an oc cosplay in stow just in case thats really comfortable and easy to wear.

its perfectly fine to get out of cosplay for a day or two.
Unread 11-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #12
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

This is the first year that I've had more than one costume for a con, so I've always had two days out of cosplay. Even now, with costumes for all three days, I'm considering just doing two. Cosplay can be really tiring, and it's nice to just walk around in your usual clothes, wig-free, for a while.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
HeartlessNobody
King & Lionheart

I don't normally skip days. But, I usually pack simple costumes for Friday and Sunday, while Saturday is the costume I went all out on.

Heck, most of the time, I forget to even pack casual clothes. I usually don't even have room in my bag for them.

What I am working on:
(New)Wicked Lady - Sailor Moon
(New)Ben Paul - The Walking Dead Game
(Fixing)Belarus - Hetalia
(Fixing)Wildcat - JKMM
(Fixing) Ibuki Mioda - Super Dangan Ronpa 2
HeartlessNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
Emi
want some pins with that?

I can usually only go to the Saturday and Sunday of a con so on Saturday I'll wear my fancier cosplay and I usually have a comfy/easy cosplay for Sunday. Last con I went to I just did not feel like cosplaying on Sunday, so I wouldn't be opposed to skipping a day of cosplay.

[Next Cons]: AWA // Holiday Matsuri

[Progress]

Ryuko Matoi (Senketsu School Uniform) - 90%
Kida Masaomi (Yellow Scarves) - 10%

tumblr
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 06:24 AM   #15
selenebeaupre

Haven't skipped a day yet. I do wear a more elaborate costume one day and and a more comfortable cosplay the other day, that way I can give myself an opportunity to look around and buy stuff in the dealer room without fearing my prop gets in my way or accidentaly knocks something over.
my cosplays: Little sister (Bioshock 2) / Saya Takagi (HOTD) / Yami Yugi (Yu-Gi-Oh!) / Shiro (Deadman Wonderland) /Pharaoh Atem (Yu-Gi-Oh!) /Wretched egg- anime version (Deadman Wonderland) /Wretched egg- manga version (Deadman Wonderland)

next project: Dark Magician Girl (Yu-Gi-Oh!) / Ultimate Madoka (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
selenebeaupre is offline   Reply With Quote