Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
oreobunbun
Bunny Lover!

Last edited by oreobunbun : 06-05-2014 at 12:31 PM.
oreobunbun is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
Ren-no-chi
Why yes, I AM insane

So I'm not alone in wearing casual clothes. Cool. I also like the idea of wearing a simple cosplay and saving the elaborate ones for the biggest days.
Unread 11-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Since I started cosplaying, I haven't missed a day, but considered it today for a con. I ended up just using what I used Saturday though, and putting a different shirt on though :/ It's nice to be in normal comfy clothes too though
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #19
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I used to when I was new to cosplaying and didn't have many costumes. But now I have so many, I'm wearing cosplay or lolita the entire time.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #20
cosplaycritique

I really need to skip a day some time because I never get a chance to really walk around and look at things and shop without having to take pictures every five seconds.
cosplaycritique is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #21
rajamitsu

I usually skip the last day. Also, I'll sometimes switch into regular clothes later in the evening if I'm planning to be out late and/or if my costume is getting to warm or uncomfortable. Either way, I'll put on a geeky t-shirt. Usually I'll add a hat, goggles, or some other fun little accessory, too.
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #22
GunKatCosplay
GunKatCosplay

Considering that all of my costumes either involve not quite corseting, huge wings/headdresses, trains or something in the realm of 40 lbs when I am wearing them, I am so exhausted by the third day that I have never cosplayed all three days of a convention.
GunKatCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #23
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

The conventions we go to, Sunday is always the short and slow day.
We always wear normal clothes, because it isn't worth the hassle...by the time we'd get the costumes on and could be at the convention, there would be like 2 hours left. So Sunday is casual day.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -Otakon- -Dragon*Con- -NYCC-
2013 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #24
Libis

I usually wear something elaborate for the first two days, then wear a closet cosplay, steampunk, or lolita Sunday of the con.
Libis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I usually spend half my weekend in cosplay, since I tend to leave the con space a lot to get something to eat, or to hang out and go shopping. Easier to wear civvies than trying to keep my cosplay clean while taking public transport or eating.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #26
ghosgreen

To date I haven't skipped a day yet but as I'm doing this more and more it really is starting to ware on me. My costumes usually consist of three layers of clothes and that out layer is usually my wool coat and here's the kicker I live in Hawaii and so it's about 80 plus or minus degrees here. So it's tiring and I'm getting tired wearing the layers of clothing for my costumes. Well my point is when I first started the idea of not cosplaying and just skipping a day was outrageous, mainly because it was the only convention in town and no other times to cosplay verses now there are two conventions and there are more events I can go to to dress up. So me considering not wearing a costume for one day of a convention is more likely now. Oh yeah might be wondering "well if it's so hot and uncomfortable why wear so many layers of clothing?" Simply because a lot of my characters wear long coats and I think they're cool. Plus I'm used to it. I can go a whole day now and not even feel it anymore.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #27
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

When I am in cosplay, I tend to stay in costume for as long as I can since I don't get the opportunity that often to walk around in cross-play without getting weird looks . For AX 2013, I'm planning on trying to be in costume from Day 0 till the end of the con since I'll have enough costumes to be able to do so.
Sakura Con
Wonder Con
Anime Expo
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #28
Devkyu

For larger cons I jam as much cosplaying in as possible, but depending on my hotel arrangements or how I'm feeling on certain days, I prefer more comfortable, casual-wear costumes on certain days.

For example the last Zenkaikon, I really wasn't feeling that good late on Saturday, so I wore just the jeans and button-up shirt from one of my costumes, rather than the whole wig, makeup, binding, props, etc. It's a slow day anyway and a smaller con so there wasn't any photoshoots I had to be at. Sometimes you just need to take a breather if your costumes are physically restricting. There's nothing wrong with it.
Unread 11-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #29
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

For conventions that are out of town I usually skip wearing a costume on the last day, or wear a costume that is comfortable for the drive, and if it has a wig, I chose one that won't get damaged by just laying it on the back seat ... usually though, I just end up skipping cosplaying the last day, but make up for it by wearing a third costume on one of the other two days.

For conventions that are in town, I still cosplay (if I even go, depending on the con, sometimes it's DEAD on Sunday, so I just don't even go), but keep it to a small costume, since it is one of the smaller days, so it won't really be seen much.

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: Chii (Chobits) Saturday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #30
nintendo424
Gamer

I know I typically plan on cosplaying everyday, but sometimes I do decide to skip one day. I did feel bad about it the first time I didn't cosplay, but it's really not bad. It gave me more of an opportunity to stop people for photos! (I am a pro photographer as a hobby)
nintendo424 is offline   Reply With Quote