Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-28-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
usuyukisou

Warning: Gekkou

Gekkou is a wig/costume shop on taobao. It is known for its very distinctive wig head and colourful logo.

Gekkou's images are stolen by others... not uncommonly, on Ebay. I don't know if the Gekkouwig site is affiliated with Gekkou. If anyone proficient in Chinese wants to read Gekkou's taobao page for confirmation, let us know.

However, I found just now that Gekkou is itself not innocent of photo theft.

Compare these two images! (Screenshots - I couldn't attach because keeping the url bar made the images too big)

Here's a screenie Gekkou's page for Inori Yuzuriha's wig:

Classe's light/dark comparison for its Pro line Pink 03 colour:

Gekkou used a cropped version, so I circled where you should compare the striation.

It is fully possible that every other image Gekkou uses is their own, or they had rightful permission from cosplayers to use. But the fact that they did still steal an image should at least give a potential buyer pause before buying.

Unread 10-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
DreaM HunteR
MEKYO!

I don't recommend buying props from their store. I bought pins for Layla wig from Code Geass (I bought also a wig so I thought that I'll already buy it if they fit the wig...) from this auction: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=15245598730
As you can see they look really, really great on the photo, but here is what I got.... XD:

When I wrote that I want return it and get money back they answered it is custom item and I can't return it... =____= As you see it's awry painted... It's not even similar. It's only golden and that's all. There is something like a bulge even so this is no explain they made... They can make it better, because what they send is a joke for me.
They explained that the pic on their store are official picture, they can not make it 100% same as the pic........ but they haven't writen it on the page...

TSUBASA RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE - Amaterasu - FINISHED~
Macross F - Sheryl Nome [kimono girasummer festival - FINISHED~
xxxHOLiC - Himawari [sunflowers art] in progress
Final Fantasy Type-0 - Caetuna

DreaM HunteR's dA account
DreaM HunteR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
AmayaValentine
Amaya

I do not recommend GekkouWig either and truly wish I would've seen this sooner so I could've saved a lot of money. Their Cosplays don't come at all as pictured.
AmayaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote