Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 07-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Yamask58

Ciel Phantomhive cosplay - cosplaying on a budget, looking for assistance

I'm looking to put together a Ciel Phantomhive cosplay; this one to be precise.

http://www.dhresource.com/albu_28329...ay-costume.jpg

I've never bought a cosplay directly from a site (seeing as I'm unsure as how accurate my measurements are, and have trouble finding a reliable website with the cosplay I want), and I've always put them together myself. I'm on a budget/in a tight spot, and am saving up for this cosplay - but, I want to know if there's alternate ways I can come about with putting it together, seeing as it's more complex than the other ones I've done, which were relatively simple.

I have the option to go to a local tailor, who helped with the shirt of my last cosplay, or actually trying to buy pieces that look similar rather than just buying fabric. Also where I live, it's very hot, so finding things like long-sleeved pieces/coats, are difficult to locate unless you go to specific stores. As for fabric, I'm unsure on what to use for it, since I want it to be sturdy, but not too hot when it comes to wearing it. (Due to the climate of my state)

Is there a pattern for this cosplay (or pieces of it) that I can use to help me out/give to my tailor/etc? If so, linking will be appreciated.

Also, there's no deadline for this (the next con I'm going to is all the way in December) so I'm not looking to put it together in a rush, just planning ahead to see how I can come about with getting it before the next con.

If anyone can help/give/advice/etc, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Yamask58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-16-2014, 01:57 AM   #2
Anna Renée
Photographer

For a site to try and buy it from I can suggest http://aliexpress.com I had bought my Naraku Cosplay there. Have someone help you with getting your measurements as close as possible to get the correct fit. I'll go out on a limb as assume you are female Crossplaying male so I will also suggest that if you are also binding for him to wear the binding and measure the upper half that way. As for the buying and inserting measurements part, that's done in the actual order screen as an added "note" to the order (something I failed to do but messaged the seller immediately to fix that - he replied in a timely manner too)

I have had zero problems with the site I have listed. I hope for the possible option of buying from a site part I have helped a bit. For the accessories I would suggest a craft store for the rings and earrings and quite possibly the hat. My boyfriend (as I plan on doing Ciel at some point as well) is in the process of making the cane from PVC pipe and will do the handle part out of wood. Wigs are fairly affordable on the site as well. For the shoes it will vary.

If you to try to make it yourself or have someone tailor it, I would suggest finding a long blue trench coat type of coat for for his jacket, similar white fabric for the neck piece, and a light blue vest. - don't know about his shirt as it's not visible in the photo - Eye patches and earrings are relatively easy to find. Or you can also easily make both. Granted I have little experience in making Cosplays, I've made Shikamaru (Naruto) and Stein (Soul Eater) myself. But I do have a general idea on how one could alter/make that outfit of Ciel's.

Attending Conventions:
Otakon- Katsucon
Future Attending Conventions:
Zenkaikon
Cosplays:
Uzumaki Naruto- Orochimaru- Nara Shikamaru
Dr. Franken Stein- Maka Albarn
Naraku
Demyx- Zexion
Anna Renée is offline   Reply With Quote