Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 10-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
ArcaneSpringbrd

Can being an overweight male actually be good for crossplaying?

Something just occurred to me. Assuming that you're willing to fork out the cash to pay for real corset (or make one), would being overweight actually be a good thing for crossplaying MtF?

Especially if you're wearing a gown with a large skirt? It seems to me that the extra 'stuff' on your hips and chest would actually enhance the look, given how much compression you can get with a corset?

2015 Cosplay
---------------------
Lolita Doll
Scarlett O'Hara prayer dress
ArcaneSpringbrd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Absolutely it would! I've got an old buddy I met through cosplaying who is a MtF Transgendered person. Because her body is naturally male, she uses the fact that she has a little extra pounds to her advantage. Just recently she rocked a corset and padded her hips and bra just a little for a Lumpy Space Princess costume, and it looked fabulous.

So yes, having a few extra pounds can really give you an advantage when you crossplay. Use it to your advantage if you've got it!

~In Progress~
Erica Anderson - Catherine
Isabella - Paradise Kiss

My Tumblr
My deviantART
My Facebook

Last edited by Apple Adams : 10-26-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Apple Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
ArcaneSpringbrd

Well, I wish I had just a 'little bit extra' but I'm working on it. :-)

2015 Cosplay
---------------------
Lolita Doll
Scarlett O'Hara prayer dress
ArcaneSpringbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
ImNewHere
The new guy.

I'd give you some of my bit extra!

Here's a pic of me trying on the costume I will be wearing at a Halloween party. No makeup on, the cat ears and tail are not on either, and the corset wasn't all the way in since it would have easily went another 2 inches and still been wearable for me all night long. Anyways, here's the pic. Yeah, I know I don't pass, but one of my co-workers wants me to do this. She want's me as Ms. Tennessee, but I am going to toss in cat ears!

scary pic of me in a dress

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 03:40 AM   #5
Fudou_Yusei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNewHere View Post
I'd give you some of my bit extra!

Here's a pic of me trying on the costume I will be wearing at a Halloween party. No makeup on, the cat ears and tail are not on either, and the corset wasn't all the way in since it would have easily went another 2 inches and still been wearable for me all night long. Anyways, here's the pic. Yeah, I know I don't pass, but one of my co-workers wants me to do this. She want's me as Ms. Tennessee, but I am going to toss in cat ears!

scary pic of me in a dress
nice did you have to wear a corset or something with this? i was thinking to use one of those tummy tuck things to try and reduce how much the stomach can stretch outwards
Unread 12-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #6
ImNewHere
The new guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudou_Yusei View Post
nice did you have to wear a corset or something with this? i was thinking to use one of those tummy tuck things to try and reduce how much the stomach can stretch outwards
Oops, sorry about the late reply, but yes. I can actually get it laced about 3 inches tighter now due to weight loss since then. You want to use a real one with real steel boning if you can get one. They are expensive though.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:59 AM   #7
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

i gained about 40lbs when I left Labrador due to the higher calorie content further north needed to survive. I consider myself a little overweight as I am not use ot eating under 2k calories a day but I have gotten it under control. I have never gone out as a Lolita before, which is my dream really, but I think i don't look that bad. i just got this outfit today actually

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote