Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
EBGiygas

Long Island Icon 32 Persona group

Hello hello hello there! Figure I should put this here, even though I have no clue if anybody in Long Island or nearby New York area will see this, let alone be interested. In the last week of March Icon 32 will be held at Hofstra University instead of it's usual place at Stony Brook University, and I figured this year I wanted to go along with a few other friends to go for the Persona theme.

For those of you who don't know what Persona is (I highly doubt you would be here if you didn't know what it is.) it is a series of RPGs under the Shin Megami Tensei series created by Atlus over in the lands of Japan, and brought safely to the US of the A, most of the time. The stories change from game to game, but the main system of having a Persona to aid you in battle carry on from game to game. We will mainly be focusing on the 3rd and 4th Persona games, as they are easily recognizable. If you want to be a character from 1 or 2, feel free. Just be warned you probably will be overshadowed by the characters that are more "Familiar" in a sense.

If anybody is interested in joining me at this con in this cosplay set, feel free to reply here! It's what a forum is for. It is a bit early to be planning I know, for something at the end of March, but time flies and before you know it, it's too late to be making things.

Here is the list so far of which characters we have:

Persona 3:

Protagonist (Minato Arisato): That will be me.
Akihiko Sanada: Friend of mine
Kenji: Friend of mine
Minako: CuppycakeXD

Persona 4:

Yosuke Hanamura: Another friend of mine in school.

Last edited by EBGiygas : 12-03-2012 at 05:43 AM.
EBGiygas is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
EBGiygas

Pardon the double post, But we have another Person for Persona 3

Kenji: A friend of mine.
Unread 11-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Count me in! But I don't know wether to be Yukari, Yuko or Minako

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
EBGiygas

Hm, well I mean it is completely up to you. But I would think it would be pretty nice to have a Minako. Kinda have the Dual-Protagonist contraction thing. I don't know what I am trying to say there. But I think you get the idea.
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Haha I do, I do! Minako it is since I already have the uniform and everything. How are we all meeting up or is this question too early?

New cosplayer
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
EBGiygas

Hm. That is a GREAT question that I have not entirely thought of! I was thinking at Icon, but preparations might require that we have some kind of Pre-Con meetup. I mean, it is a bit early to start meeting up and all, but perhaps over the next few months, maybe starting around ~Jan if anybody needs assistance or stuff that could go on then. I also had the Idea of each of us carrying our respective Tarot cards. That would be pretty cool to do. Crap, I had another Idea but it just slipped my mind entirely.
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
EBGiygas

I just remembered! Do you think that we would get in trouble for having Evokers? I mean, I found a good tutorial on this here site and I really wanted to get some made for the guys who have em. But I mean, hopefully they will allow.
Unread 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

I hate when that happens to me! When you remember, don't forget to suggest it. I say yes to the Tarot card idea. Maybe also match it together with our convention badges? I think a Pre-Con meet up would be cool and necessary, actually! Are you working on your costume right now? Also, are you going to be a Persona group all weekend?

New cosplayer
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBGiygas View Post
I just remembered! Do you think that we would get in trouble for having Evokers? I mean, I found a good tutorial on this here site and I really wanted to get some made for the guys who have em. But I mean, hopefully they will allow.
I just saw this! Hm, and really that depends on the convention's rules. At Comic Con I saw cosplayers with realistic guns and some pointy and big weapons but they check them at the entrance to make exceptions. I've never been to I-Con but hopefully they check us and confirm our innocence

New cosplayer
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:25 PM   #10
EBGiygas

My group Most likely will be a Saturday group kinda thing. Unless I have no money to do any other costumes (Which most likely will be happening). Otherwise I would plan on doing Homestuck on one of the days, as per tradition. Good idea with the Badge. Only thing is, the Badge is more of a "Horizontal" badge, I can post a picture up in a lil bit (Still have last year's). I know last year peace binding of weapons was required on most things that could "Hurt" people. I think that Evokers will be okay in a holster, as they will be made of like... say Craft Foam.

For working on my costume, mainly my costume is all money. Pains me to say, I will not be able to make the jacket as I don't have too much experience in the "Suit building" Spectra of sewing, so I found a nice 80 dollar professionally made on I will most likely be investing into. Blue contacts and wigs are another thing I cannot "Make" myself, as well as a few of the other "Props" Minato has such as the Mp3 player and headphones. Those will be last purchases though, due to their lack of necessity. Holster I need to find something to make with, as well as the Evokers I need to get materials for. One thing I will need assistance in making for me and a few others in the groups is the Golden year pin for Gekkoukan students. Currently I would need 2 Green ones, and one white one. Soo, I have no clue on how those will be obtained.
Unread 11-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

I can see what the issue with the badge is. On my Yuko cosplay I had to improvise with the Strength Arcana drawing so it could be the same size as the badge. I am not too worried about the evokers either, I just hope the staff is in a good mood that day.
That's cool, I plan on bringing my Homestuck cosplay (Latula) one of those days if you guys aren't doing the group all weekend.

I need a holster too! We should all get similar materials. Where is this tutorial for the evoker you were talking about?
Don't worry about it, I had to buy my uniform too. About the pins, have you thought about making them with clay, and then paint it, gloss it, glue it, etc? Or you rather just keep searching for them so they don't mess up your suit?

New cosplayer
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #12
EBGiygas

I had planned on doing Mituna for one of the days there, so hopefully I can get that done. Main problem is getting my Helmet down. Planning on doing some kind of paper mache for that though. I've been using that a lot lately and grown attached to it, only problem is I don't know how To smooth it out to be dome ish.

As for the Holster, we definitely should all look for the same thing in obtaining it.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=231483
That there is the thread for the Evoker tutorial, It looks really nice, and it's made from foam so I thought it would be nice and easy to carry around. Only problem is, I don't know where to find the specific foam they used.

Good idea on the pin there, but at this moment I think I will continue to look for one of the official ones. If worse comes to worse, I will use that method. Really, I just want a nice shiny golden pin heh, and kinda keep my suit nice and perfect yaknow.
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #13
touchmon
Make All The Things!

._. Dang it. This makes me want to bring out my Minako cosplay again. I won't be able to cosplay her on Saturday though due to being in a cosplay group with other people.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #14
EBGiygas

Ah. That's a shame. You can stil hang out with us if you want when you are not being Minako. Or you could do some meetup with us.

Also, I had a much longer reply on my computer but it didn't post. Will post it later when I can.
Unread 11-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

This is so funny because I just made a big reply and something happened and now its existence is gone.

Anyway, as I said on my other post, it's awesome that you are doing a Mituna cosplay! But I don't know what to suggest for your helmet. I've never played around with paper mache :/ but goodluck on it since it's an important part of his design.

I'm really liking this tutorial. It's so easy and cheap. As for the craft foam, don't worry about it. This type of craft foam is a very common kind to find (like Michael's and a dollar store). If not, what do you think about foam board?

Totally get what you mean, man. That suit is going to cost 80 dollars.

New cosplayer