Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
._. Dang it. This makes me want to bring out my Minako cosplay again. I won't be able to cosplay her on Saturday though due to being in a cosplay group with other people.
That's all good! You can still hang out with us. What will your other group consist of?

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-28-2012, 03:12 PM   #17
EBGiygas

I actually checked my local Michaels back on Saturday to pick up a mask for my friends' cosplay I am making for him, the only stuff I could find was some crappy thick, hard foam. If you know what kind of foam I am talking about.

I found a cardboard helmet tutorial, and mixing that with mache would work out for me, so woohoo. Points for me.

Hm, I think foamboard is a bit thick, unless you were to strip the plastic coatings off of it, so I think it would be best to get like.. the "Foamies" stuff i keep reading about in threads.

Can't forget shipping to add onto that 80 dollars!

Also, the post I made never was deleted or lost. I just never noticed it on my phone. God I can be so dumb.
EBGiygas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

What exactly is mache? It seems we would need that for the evokers too.

Haha I see. Sometimes Michaels don't have everything. They don't have buckle belts.
I forgot to add on my other post, are you getting a skateboard for Mituna?

How could I forget the shipping and handling!

Haha no that's okay, maybe you just needed sleep last night

New cosplayer
Unread 11-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
EBGiygas

Paper mache is what i mean haha. Being lazy is what I do. I don't think we would need to paper mache our Evokers, as the craft foam with the spraypaint on it would look fine by itself.

This I did not know, and now I know this.

Me Skateboarding? Good joke. I can just barely get away with ice skating, rollerblading not too sure. Skateboarding? Good luck. I trip over my own two feet haha.

Gotta make sure they handle that package Reeeeal nice.

Or maybe school just needed to start a tad bit later. God damn waking up at 6am every day.
Unread 11-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

All good, also do you have any ideas on the material we can use for the holsters? I don't know if something like pleather would be good.

LOL This is me. Everytime I go ice skating I fall on my butt then freak out because I'm scared someone might skate on my fingers.
Ugh, I know. I wish 6 AM was a time loop for a while so we can sleep enough then we can finally proceed and wake up.

New cosplayer
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #21
EBGiygas

Pleather would look nice I would think. I'm not too sure what color the holsters are though. And any price estimate on the pleather? I like to know good prices and the such haha.

Ice skating is fun, I come back home ripped to shreds and bruised. Still a lot of fun.

If only. I also could go for that, considering my first classes of the day are AP Physics. It's just about as snoozy as you can get.

Also, I was talking to our Akihiko earlier. He said he would be somewhat interested in entering the costume competition, as well as the skit thingy if we are allowed to/ready to/are comfortable with it. I have the same idea and such. A benefit is if we win, we all get tickets to AnimeNEXT! That would be awesome.
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #22
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Hmm. I spent like 4$ on half a yard. But the fabric is brown. And our holsters are supposed to be white. Or if you want we can buy it on the internet?

The damage was worth it.

Whoa, I wouldn't be able to concentrate either! That's why I chose to take classes in the evening.

The keyword is comfortable haha. I wouldn't mind entering really as long as I don't have to speak to the audience. Maybe just smile or something lol But I'm all down to it. I always wanted to go to AnimeNEXT *.*, and I love masquerades.

New cosplayer
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
EBGiygas

Yeah, that sounds cheap enough. Last time I checked.... I don't remember the last time I checked but I think that should be enough to make a decent holster! We could check online for a decent priced white pleather stuff. I have never really worked with Pleather/leather before in sewing so I have not the slightest clue on what to do with it.

Well worth it. I met Homestucks in NYC, and learned how to skate somewhat. Not to mention I put Nic Cage faces all over the city. Only downside is, I still haven't had my big rips healed yet haha.

High school senior here, so I am stuck to the 7 20 to 13 58 bell schedual. Luckily though I can leave at 13 14

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't do the greatest up on stage for a skit thing, but I have read guides and it says to pre-record your skit and edit the audio at home. And I believe that one of my friends has some good recording hardware. I have a headset though if he can't do anything. And I can always steal a laptop from someone. IT would be pretty cool to get free tickets to AN, then all I would have to worry about is Boarding, I would probably reuse the same costumes to be honest.
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:33 PM   #24
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuppycakeXD View Post
That's all good! You can still hang out with us. What will your other group consist of?
Magi. And AnimeNext is a ton of fun, you should try to go if you can. ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #25
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

LOL Which pictures of him did you put up? if I see any random Nicholas Cage pictures around the city, I'll know where they are from.

To be honest, I'm not that experienced either, all I did was make a pouch bag and all I got from that was that silicone glue is not that resistant to it. I was googling white holsters and all I got was cowboy stuff.

Where are all these Homestucks in NYC I don't know about? The meet-ups I see on the internet are always in California or something. , I hope you feel better after all that skating. Are you sure you don't have any skillz yet?

Your teachers let you leave early? Enjoy your senior year by the way! and take a lot of pictures because I payed for my yearbook and stuff, and I only appeared there twice.

What do you mean by "boarding"? I can lend you my laptop, but it's so slow ... so stealing it is. Do you want to make a funny skit or like a dramatic one?

New cosplayer
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #26
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Magi. And AnimeNext is a ton of fun, you should try to go if you can. ^_^
I will! I didn't know AN was in the NY area. That's how much I know XD I've never heard of Magi

New cosplayer
Unread 11-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
EBGiygas

I put the [S] Karkat Mental Breakdown "Boner" Nic cage face all over the city. But this was back on the 17th. So a long time ago. Most of them should be down by now. We did put up 50+ on the seats in front of us on the train ride home. And most of them are in Penn Station. (Got the Idea from my friends in school, lately we have been sticking Nigel Thornberry heads all over the school, not a lot of people know that we are doing it. We get people saying how great and funny it is, and it makes us so happy.)

So I guess pleather holsters shall be an experience for all of us! I mean, I have tanned leaher before, but that's about it. They have a Facebook group they are in. I am in one of them, but I didn't go skating with that group. I went with a different one, need to find out thier group name though. They were more situated in NYC rather than LI though.

I havn't got dem mad skeelz yet son, but I do absolutely love skating. One day I might want to learn figure skating. I hear it is a lot of fun. It's like ballroom on ice apparently, and I know ballroom so yeah.

I have my 9th period off, so I can leave whenever I want then. Usually I just do some homework in there though. Actually there will be a picture of me wearing my Terezi horns on a school bulletin board for the seniors, because I wore my TZ horns for spirit week, and People took pictures haha (class color is orange.)

Boarding as in preferably a hotel. AnimeNext is in New jersey I believe, but taking three trains just to get there sure is a pain in the ass, and the wallet. Much more efficient I think to share a room with some people.

OUr Yosuke and Akihiko have decent laptops we can use. I mean, we could do a micture of both but first we got to find out who will be in it, what we will "Do", and the rules and time limits. I was thinking more of a "Funny" P4A thing but eh, I don't know.
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #28
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

I was going to ask you if you put that picture because it would be perfect. You guys should put a picture where you are all putting the stickers somewhere, and then put it on the yearbook. And everyone would be like "omg they were the ones" Did anyone recognize your Terezi horns? How many Homestuck cosplays have you done?

That's very cool. I would like to know, I mean I live in NYC myself.

You got dem ballroom skeelz so yeah why not. And I agree, figure skating is so beautiful. I wish I had involved myself in these hobbies as a child.

Ohhh! That's what it is. Man three trains is so much, but NJ is closer than most states with good conventions, thank goodness. Do you know anyone in the area of NJ?

Hmm, well, do you know how early we have to apply to be in the masquerade? We could plan ahead and stuff but I know in Anime Boston you have to apply in their website. I honestly have no ideas on me right now, maybe they will come up some day. Maybe.

New cosplayer
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #29
EBGiygas

Yeah, it actually scared some of the homestucks who hated him and thought he was disgusting. Nic Cage is a beautiful creature though, so I don't mind it. Oh god, that could end both great and horrible, as some of the staff are starting to get pissed at all of the Nigels around the school. We took a few days to break, just so tensions would be lower. NOBODY recognized my horns, except for my close friends who either have read through all of it (only 1 friend), OR have heard about it from me (Most of my friends.) It really is sad.

Hm, I dunno if it is allowed to post like facebook groups in here, because I dunno if you need to be invited or not.

I know one guy in college from the interwebs who lives in NJ, and a chick who's parents are p strict, so I would have no luck staying with either haha. Hopefully I can get something.

That I don't know. I will check the website when I get the chance, which should be relatively soon. I am trying to get in contact with our Akihiko on skype/steam so I can see what Ideas he has, as we talked a bit about it before in school, but they were ehh ideas if you asked me. Didn't really include a spectra of characters.

**Just checked the site, so far nothing for the cosplay contest, and other stuff. I don't know if the masquerade ball is 18+ though, so I know me and a few others still are unable to do 18+ panels. (Summer birthdays)**

Last edited by EBGiygas : 11-28-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #30
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

But you know, a P4A skit would be suited because that way we could all be included. What's your Skype? I forgot mine, I know it probably has the "XD" face on it. And if that's the case I hope it's not 18+ (but I doubt it)

Nic Cage is gorgeous, don't know what they're talking about haha. You should introduce some of your friends to Homestuck, if you haven't tried already.

I think a shared room would be a nice or a loft. I always wanted to stay in a loft.

I tried going on the website but it confuses me. I mostly just see journal entries ... Youve gone to I-Con before right?

New cosplayer

Last edited by CuppycakeXD : 11-28-2012 at 10:26 PM.