Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:33 PM   #31
EBGiygas

Yeah, that's what I was thinking about it. More or less it's a spectra of 4 and 3, which is great considering I have only played 4. and I am almost done with it. Then to finally play 3 haha. I am a bad fan.

I believe the ball is just like a dance kinda deal, where you go and its more of a "dinner party" minus the dinner. What we would do is the costume competition/skits. That takes place mid-day saturday and lasts around 2 hours or so.

Nic Cage is amazing, my current text tone is him screaming "NO NOT THE BEES" . I try to get people to convert, but it is pretty hard. most of my firends are extremely lazy such as myself. I have been working on my post secondary applications tonight, and my guidance counselor wants to have them done by tomorrow. Not happening lady.

I have never heard of a loft before.

iconsf.org is the website. It barely has anything for Icon 32, and the structure of the website is pretty weak. I went to Icon last year, so that would be a yes. I was gonna post my badge up on here sometime, but I forgot to haha. Will probably do it tomorrow.

Also, got back my 7bux for wanting to buy a shirt off the internets. Thank god for parents buying clothes for you. 7bux to my Icon funds! Huzzah!

Last edited by EBGiygas : 11-28-2012 at 10:40 PM.
EBGiygas is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #32
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

No you aren't! I haven't even played P4 but I'm sure before I-Con I would have so I don't get spoiled

I admit it was hard for me getting into Homestuck, I was getting so frustrated at John's commands lol I think it's best to tell them to keep reading. Your
texttone sounds awesome, has any stranger looked at you weird for that?
Haha tell her they'll be ready after tomorrow. Are you having trouble with them though?

Actually I heard of lofts this year. I don't think they're very popular.

Yeah, the structure is weak. I'm surprised of the stuff you have found.

Whooooo!! That piggy bank is getting stuffed.

New cosplayer
CuppycakeXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #33
EBGiygas

heh, P4 is pretty great. I am nearly done with my first playthrough which is pretty awesome.

Homestuck wasn't too difficult for me to get into, basically I spent my Thanksgiving break of either last year or 10th grade and I just read Acts 1 and 2 in one sitting. Then came the rising action in Act 3, and then I was hooked.

Hm, considering I usually forget to turn off my ringer untill it goes off in first or second period physics, occasionalyl I have people look at me. They always ask what each of my tones are, It started off as All yo yens yip yip yap (P4 Hiimdaisy), then Green onions are enough for me (Gantz), and now NOT THE BEES.

Eh, not so much trouble more or less not having motivation to do them. Post secondary seems like such a chore to me. Now they have to be absolutely done by next week, as she is taking a leave on Friday.

What exactly is a loft?

Some of it is just knowing about how the con works and such. It isn't a great site.

Yeah, gonna try applying for some jobs locally. New Asian restaurant opened recently, so I am going to try for there.

Also, Jo-ann's sells white pleather for like 9 bucks a yard online. I don't know how large I would need for any of the holsters, or what pattern to make. If you have a clue, go for it and share. I will talk to my art teacher about it most likely

That's the badge for Icon if you were wondering

**EDIT: I just called up my local Jo-Anns, and they said Pleather there was 16 per yard. Yeah that's a bit too pure for my blood. It's 9bux on their website, So I don't know if I should go for that instead. They do have Foamies craft foam though, which should work for the evokers.**

Last edited by EBGiygas : 11-29-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Unread 11-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #34
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Im sure it's a great game. I saw the first episode of the anime in the English Dub (they were showing it at NYCC) and I found it very funny.

So does that mean you were one of the early readers?

Haha you must be something to have in class. The only unique ringtone I had was of a duck quaking

A loft is like this big apartment. But they all sleep in one big room with a lot of beds. You pay to stay for a night if you have nowhere else to go. I don't know how to explain it but its like a hotel but an apartment and more people lol

Good luck! Do you have your resume ready?

Oh wow that's a lot! X_x they're cheaper around my house. But that's cool at least they have the foames. Does their website charge shipping? I would go for that instead of going personally. I will look around for some tutorials for the holsters, but they don't look too complicated.

You werent kidding, the badge is very horizontal. I take back what I said about the tarot cards.

New cosplayer
Unread 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #35
EBGiygas

Early readers? Eh. More or less I picked up reading a month or two before Cascade. So not too early into the game, but not too late into the game.

Oh yeah I am definitely a joy to have in class. I am the silent kid who occasionally speaks, and makes fun of one chick who complains and fights with teachers whenever she gets under a 90, and then she cries over it. So much fun to yell at her.

Huh. That sounds pretty cool, but pretty expensive.

Nah, I need to write that up. One of my problems is my doctor still hasn't given me the forms to give to school so I can get working papers.

It is a lot. I would think they charge shipping, it is a company ya know. There probably are coupons all around that you could find.

Yeah, so why not just make some Tarot cards and hold onto them ourselves, like in the pocket or just hold them for photoshoots.

Any ideas for our skit at all?
Unread 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #36
EBGiygas

A friendly bump.
Unread 12-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #37
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

*gives friendly bump back* Sorry for replying late!
I still consider that an early reader, I bet you've been through a lot in this fandom and know most of the inside jokes as for the skit, I still haven't had a brain storm. Maybe I should play my game and get inspired? Yeah, I'll do that.

Lol she probably plays the innocent card and blames the teachers. There were a lot those in my school u.u

Maybe you should remind them again. Doctors have a lot in their mind sometimes. Does your school also help you find jobs?

Did you order it yet? I'm considering in buying some yards then send the rest to you all because I was studying the holsters and they look so easy and just like a few inches big so I'll have some leftover. I think we might need belt buckles but I don't know where to find those. Unless we take it out of old belts XD I'm kind of mad because some of my headphones could've made a great pair for my Minako, I just needed to paint them and add a few things but I threw them away because they stopped working. Cosplay is going to make me want to keep all my junk.

Yes, we shall do that! I have a friend who's a photographer by the way. I might ask her to take photos of us.

New cosplayer
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #38
EBGiygas

Tis not a problem. Was a bit curious as to why there hasn't been many replies lately haha.

I do know a good amount of the in-jokes. Still remember buckets pretty fondly.

Yeah.. I know your feeling I have no clue as to what the skit should be. And I also found out how to enter for the costume contest and such!

I hate it when kids blame their teachers for their own downfalls. It is pretty sad.

I had asked my mom before, They still haven't finished my forms. So pissed at them. They really don't help too much. It is a shame.

I haven't ordered anything at all. I am bout 20 bucks off of my Jacket, and I feel obligated to purchase that first. Do remember that the Evokers need to fit into the holsters nicely.

OH SHIT, if they do a really good job, that would be great to have. I always have wanted to be part of a professional photoshoot.
Unread 12-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #39
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Well my friend is currently in college studying photography so they aren't really professionals, but her camera is still great quality!

as for the late replies, I just been really stressed out about all these college stuff and re-applying etc also on December 1st I got into a car crash with my mom and I had a trauma that lasted about 2 days, but I'm over it now. Some people are really crazy on the road, but we are both okay thank goodness. How have you been?

I hope you never got hit with a bucket before!

and how do we enter the contest? Are we still early? (because before you know it, March is already a week away lol)

Man, I used to do that whole teacher blaming thing, but then I realized I was the problem (although there are some teachers you have to win over haha!)

That is a shame. Everytime I go to the doctors I just waste time, but I recommend you visit them personally, maybe they did forget?

I remember ^.^ I might sketch it out later (the holsters because my reference picture is too small). Yeah do order the important things first! Hey for your Mituna cosplay, are you doing the bodysuit thing?

New cosplayer
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #40
EBGiygas

Awesome! It's better than nothing, but we can still look like we had a professional do our photos. I know someone who has worked with Photoshop in college, so if he is available I could see if he would be willing to edit if your friend cannot.

No worries, post-secondary is a big fucking stress. I just finished applying to places yesterday. Now to fill out scholarships and the such. I'm sorry to hear about your car crash, but it's good that everybody is safe. Been eh myself, trying to find ways to make money is pretty annoying.

Dear god, I have heard bad bad stories of cons with buckets. Thank god I never went to any cons when the bucket throwing craze was around.

I messaged them on Facebook, they said the information to enter will be released soon to allow us to enter. So we have time.

Yeah, I'm gonna have my parents harass them, or hound them down for my papers because this is just getting on my nerves, I need a way to make money, and NOW.

Okay, whenever you finish that, just throw it onto here so I can get a peek.

I would like to, because that would look p sweet. But I gotta find a way to cover my junk better haha, don't want any bulges. I have already started to work on my helmet in school, I finished the bare cardboard frame around the head and such.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #41
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

Sweet 8)

Thank you! & Hmm, maybe you should sell stuff over the Internet. How do you usually make money? Isn't applying to scholarships fun?

That's good to hear. People get veeeery crazy. I don't know if you heard of Trigun but I read this story that this guy was dressed as Vash and was shooting people with a real gun at a Convention. I don't know if this is true though.

Cool this is so exciting. And I STILL can't think of a plot for our skit lol

That's the spirit!!

Sure thing! (Do you want measurements and everything? Like the length of the belt part etc?)

Haha! I understand Do you know how to sew and everything? Because I would really like a bodysuit also but I don't have any expirience making one. Your teachers help you??

New cosplayer
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #42
EBGiygas

Well, I usually make money by going out with friends. Odd as it sounds, parents give me money when I want to go out with friends so I can use it. Personally, I try to use as little as I can, and keep he rest. I also make plushies for people. Right now I have 2 commissions, one for a teacher, one for a friend once he buys that materials he wants. And as of now I have been Christmas Caroling afterschool with a friend or two for some extra payout. As of yesterday I am 11 dollars off of getting my dress jacket.

Shooting people with a real gun sounds a bit out there. BUt I know what you mean by getting a bit too much into character. Some people can do it nicely though.

Still thinking of this actually. Man is it difficult to make something like this.

Yess, I would love everything you have,belt measurements holster patterns, and the such. Also if you have leftover white pleather that would be nice to work with. I have to make 2. One for me, one for a friend (Aki).

Yes I do! I have been hand sewing plushies since last year. But for a bodysuit, I would say for mituna, either get a yellow morphsuit and dye most of it black. OR get a Black morphsuit and dye parts of it yellow. I dunno which would be easier though haha.

Yep! I am close with all of my art teachers, so they let me use any supplies in the school. Not to mention they do help me out a lot whenever it comes to when I have difficulties. Man is it gonna suck when I lose these resources. It's like free paints, and xacto knives, and brushes.
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #43
CuppycakeXD
Flobbyworm

You better enjoy it while it lasts! That's so cool, art teachers are always nice individuals.

You have the cutest hobbies. Do you do Christmas caroling for example outside streets like in the movies? Either way I didn't know people still did that that's so cute haha what kind of plushie do you make? Like Pikachu etc?

Yeah if that shooting happened it would have been all over the news. Some people get too excited and if the character is bitchy they act bitchy in a non funny way lol

I asked my sister what skit she would like to see from Persona and she just said "how Minako gets all the bitches" what hahahah

I got your backs don't worry hun

That's so true since they both have equal amounts of yellow and black but I think I would buy it black and then paint some yellow stuff ... Do you think this would work the same way with Latula?

New cosplayer
Unread 12-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #44
EBGiygas

Please pardon my absense. Been busy like hell with school and the boyscouts.

Yeah, my teachers do give me a lot of helpful advice and also supplies a lot of my stuff to paint and the such.

Thanks, we go caroling door to door. And well, I have made tincampy, 2 scalemates, a smupper, and a cat toy mouse kinda thingy. I find my patterns online lol.

Latula dosnt have a morphsuit per say, but I am gonna buy a yellow morph for mintuna and dye parts black. Latula has like black tights with a tubey tshirt over it.

Also, last night I purchased my uniform! Next up, the wig!
Unread 12-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #45
EBGiygas

Also, I was thinking although it may be a bit overused, we should do a part of the skit with the fusion dance. As yaknow, male and female protag.