Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 11-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Crossplay make up for pale characters (f to m)

I did look up a few video tutorials on youtube that were wonderful for looking more masculine, but my only issue is the character is very pale (Akihiko from Persona 3). I have some very good quality foundation that will get me that pale, I like to use it for pale characters. But I was wondering if I can still apply the other make up to my "pale" complexion after foundation or if it would look odd. I already knew about the brown eye liner/shades for masculine make up trick. I may have to experiment, but I was wondering if any one had any tips or tricks for me or if they could link me to any thing that would help. I did go through the forums but didn't find quite what I was looking for but did find a few helpful things. Also, I'm a girl and I'm very feminine so I'm a tad concerned about that. I was thinking about just applying foundation and some nude lipstick and nothing else, but I still look very feminine with and with out make up, I could pass for a femmy guy easy. XD I know that the trick is the placement and shades of make up to appear more masculine. Any way, any thing that any would could provide me would be greatly appreciated.

If you need any pics of me just ask, I have some on my coscom but not sure if I have any plain pics with no make up or any thing. It's going to be my first time crossplaying so I'm nervous. I'm already looking into a compression shirt and all that as well. @.@
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
PurePlummet
Registered Ruse

Some pictures would be really helpful! How pale is this guy? If he's extremely pale, you might even be able to use some matte grey eyeshadow in place of facial powder makeup used for contouring. Or if you're just using a very light foundation, try shifting the shadows to a lighter shade, perhaps even to the shade of your regular foundation for shadows instead of your usual contouring palette. Again, a base color eye shadow, if it's light enough, might work too.
PurePlummet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
Kawaii Pocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePlummet View Post
Some pictures would be really helpful! How pale is this guy? If he's extremely pale, you might even be able to use some matte grey eyeshadow in place of facial powder makeup used for contouring. Or if you're just using a very light foundation, try shifting the shadows to a lighter shade, perhaps even to the shade of your regular foundation for shadows instead of your usual contouring palette. Again, a base color eye shadow, if it's light enough, might work too.
http://moe.animecharactersdatabase.c...-551505298.jpg

Very pale. I have foundation that will make me that pale, but like I mentioned I'm not sure what other colors I should use to make myself appear more masculine.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Physician's Formula has an eyeshadow quad called Canyon Classics. It's matte, and the shades are cooler toned, which would work for this character. You can blend the colors together to find what works on different parts of the face.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
Quinzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSY-chan View Post
Physician's Formula has an eyeshadow quad called Canyon Classics. It's matte, and the shades are cooler toned, which would work for this character. You can blend the colors together to find what works on different parts of the face.
I have that and it really works wonders. I use it to shade in my eyes for crossplay.
Quinzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
Kawaii Pocky

Well, I was going to pick up some make up and try experimenting once I get my wig any way. I'll check it out.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Unread 12-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
Kawaii Pocky

I'm probably going to have to go to a few different stores because the walmart I work at didn't even have any of those eye shadow palettes. Let alone shit for make up because every thing is always bought out because I looked out even for other brands with similar colors and nothing. X3
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)