Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 11-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
TheOneSora-chan

Hello!

My name is Sora.

No, that's not a joke, and it's not from Kingdom Hearts. It's also not technically Japanese. I just like honorifics. ^_^ I'm new to this site, and new to the cosplay community at large. I'm looking to meet fun people with a passion for playing grown-up dress-up and make believe! <3

I'm a total newbie; I've never cosplayed before, or been to a convention, but I'm excited to dive right in here in Dallas, at the very least, next year. I'd like to have a few friends to meet up with at conventions so I don't wallflower it the whole time.

Ummm... Pictures coming, soon. All of mine are really old and I haven't looked cute enough, lately, to merit taking new ones. :3

A favorite manga of mine is Please Save My Earth, and I just recently discovered the sequel! I'm excited to finish reading. My repetoire is sadly on the small side, but I've lost and regained interest in manga and anime several times in my life.

Phew! I think that's entirely enough about me for now. I look forward to ehugs and getting to know everyone!
TheOneSora-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
King Daddy

Hi, Texas has a pretty good Con that changes location every year. It was in San Antonio this past year.
King Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Welcome to cosplay.com! (: Same here, I'm actually kinda suffering from anime burnout right now, though I expect I'll be eager to watch it again sometime soon. xD

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
TheOneSora-chan

@Kumoshi, thanks very much! ^_^ I'm all over the place lately, so I haven't done much exploring of the site, yet, but I appreciate the warm welcome.

I'm sure you'll miss anime sometime, soon! I know it always helps me stay up when I'm down. When I remember that, anyway. It's good to take a break every once in a while. From everything, pretty much. So, enjoy your vacation.

@King Daddy: I didn't know there was a floating con in Texas... o.o I'm really only aware of one that seems to happen in Dallas every year, and I always confuse with that one rapper guy... They have the same name! >_<" On purpose?

Also, how did you get your name? In some circles I'm on the fringe of, "Daddy" is a type of title. Just wantin' to know if you have any idea what I'm talking about, I guess.
TheOneSora-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #5
AlaskaLion

I'm new too and have an on again off again relationship with anime and manga. As of three or four days ago we got back together and now I can barely study for finals, I got sucked right back into it all. Wish I could say that I lived in Texas, but I don't (I live in Alaska). Figured I would at least say hello ^_^, maybe we could be friends!
AlaskaLion is offline   Reply With Quote