Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 08-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
Kaze Saffire
...Rose.

Swing Dance

Anybody attend? I can't really describe what I was wearing ( it was a failed attempt at a trial cosplay of mine ) but I was in attendance. And once I gathered the courage to just start asking girls on the sidelines to dance ( a girl even asked me to dance. Didn't see that coming at all. Needs to happen more often XD ) I began to have the time of my life! Especially when Hit The Road Jack played, and I had a partner who pushed me around hah hah. Also learned some new moves from a few ladies who were patient with me ( an Applejack told me that I have the form of a ballroom dancer. She also told me to relax, which I swear to this day I still don't know how to not be tense >_> ) This needs to happen every year!

Katsucon 20:

Thursday: Hamtaro
Friday - Default Alibaba Salujah
Fog Troupe Alibaba Salujah

Facebook meh XD http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...00003760496949
Kaze Saffire is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
StripedThing

Heya~! My gf and I did go to the swing dance.... We showed up late because of a few costume issues, but I was gentleman!England from Hetalia (with a fancy derby hat and cane) and she was westernization!Japan (with suspenders). We weren't there very long though, so you may not have seen us ^^'
casual!France - 100%
punk!England - 100%
gentleman!England - 90%

~Backups~
Prussia ;; training!Germany ;; casual!England
StripedThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
mimiiswonderful

My friends and I were there! It was soooooo much fun!!! We were changed out of our costumes by the time we hit the dance floor though Q_Q Every con should have a swing dance >.<
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
cosplayraptor
Banana hammock.

I showed up with some of my friends for the last hour or so, I was dressed as green-suit Lupin and was busy teaching most of my friends basic swing steps. We all had a blast, and loved the idea of a small adult getaway from the teenagers. I think it was really successful too- my group caused the hotel to run and get new armbands because the Otakon staff underestimated the amount of people who would show up. So I'm pretty sure they'll do this again in the years to come. My group is definitely gonna practice our steps in the following year and we might even do a swing-themed group cosplay like Baccano! or something.
cosplayraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
Marika

A friend and I showed up not long before it ended because of a photoshoot, but from what we saw, it looked like everyone was having a good time. We had fun for the time we were there though, and if they do this again, I'll have to remember to not schedule anything too late so that we can enjoy it more!
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote