Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 05-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
lelechan

Custom Cutie Mark Patches

Does anyone know of any places that I could get a custom embroidered cutie mark patch made? The design is the same as a character on the show, just in different colors--I'm planning an original design for a "Nightmare" version of Princess Cadance, and I don't have access to an embroidery machine to make it on my own.
lelechan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
Swiftstart

I'd try on etsy :3
a search for 'cutie mark patch' came up with quite a few- I'd see if any of those people are willing to do a cusotm one like you need :3
Unread 05-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
lelechan

Thanks Swiftstart! I kinda figured I could, I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly where I could get one so I didn't have to spend time looking xD
Unread 05-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
Boreotheria
n00b

Etsy has (or at least used to have) a section called "Alchemy" where you could put in a request for something and people who have the ability to make it would tell you what they can do and how much it would cost, so that you can commission one of them.
Unread 05-06-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Check anybody on Etsy who has the option to "create a custom order" from something they already do, those are the most likely to take commissions.

Me, for example. We do custom embroidery, all the time, but the only listings we have on Etsy are of completed works. Click on any one of them to contact the seller to see if they'll do custom orders, and the answer is usually yes. I also suggest, as an Etsy seller, to gravitate toward people who already do fandom items - they will know what you're talking about and will be more likely to be able to find the digitized art you need for custom patches.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #6
lelechan

Thank you everyone!

I was actually able to find a seller who does custom iron-on cutie mark patches in various sizes, and we've discussed the details so I can place my order when I get paid!