Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 12-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
wer

Eyebrow covering prosthetic makeup

Hey all, I'm not sure if there's a similar topic (I didn't see any), but I wanted some suggestions.

I'm making plans to cosplay as the Subway Bosses from Pokemon B&W with a friend of mine, and well... some of the fandom speculates that they don't have eyebrows. I personally like the look, it's very different and unusual and I think having my eyebrows covered would really help with the transformation.

Problem is, my eyebrows are gloriously large and bushy and I know next to nothing about prosthetic makeup. I know that prosthetic eyebrow covers exist, such as latex or foam ones, as well as certain waxes that are used for covering eyebrows... but I don't know which would be best for the cosplay, the easiest, and the least painful. I'd rather be able to still have my eyebrows after taking off the makeup.

I'm also not sure how to make the prosthetics/wax/whatever the same color as the rest of my skin. I really want to make this convincing and beautiful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
wer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

There is makeup out there for covering brows, but you can also do the glue stick method. Here's a tutorial demonstrating how it's done. He has also included a second method using spirit gum and brow wax.

And here's a method with Pros-aide.

Good luck!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
nathancarter
Victor Voyeur Photography

Last Halloween, I did Jareth the Goblin king, and a friend who is a professional MUA covered my eyebrows using the glue stick method. Glue stick and a little spatula, smear some on and let it dry, smear on some more and let it dry, repeat until they're gone. Then you have to do makeup/foundation to cover and conceal them.

http://flickr.com/nathancarter
https://www.facebook.com/VictorVoyeur
MetroCon - CONjure - Dragon Con - MegaCon
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
wer

I'm going to give that gluestick method a shot. My eyebrows are really thick and dark, but hopefully it will work! Thanks a bunch.
wer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
heaven_firings

Okay, so petrilude's tutorial was already link so I'll just second that. I also believe he combines the methods sometimes based on what I've picked up from some of his other videos.

I've used both methods separately myself and both work well. I think I had some stray hairs when I did the Spirit Gum method. Next time I'm probably going to mix the methods how I think might work well together. I'll put the spirit gum on to get everything mostly flat and then put the glue on top of that and see how it works. So you could always try that as well. Or mix and match however you think it might work well.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

I don't know if she's got a tutorial, but Yaya Han recently did a Jessica Rabbit cosplay where she covered her eyebrows and penciled in new ones. You can alway message her and ask...http://www.yayahan.com/
Unread 12-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #7
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

The super-smooth drag queen method is to use spirit gum and a small spatula to smooth them down (repeat if necessary), powder, then apply eyebrow wax to make the surface totally smooth. Then seal with Flexible Sealer and apply makeup (you'll need a makeup that's more pigmented and has more coverage than normal drugstore makeup).

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote