Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
KoKi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 107
Horn advice?

Hi I wanted to get some advice for making these horns? I'm not sure where to start...
Attached Images
File Type: png farbautihorn.png (122.9 KB, 0 views)
KoKi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Millions_Knives
Registered User
 
Millions_Knives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 853
well there are a ton of ways to do it
i have a few vids with different style horns
hope this one is useful
(no good at typing)
__________________
If You liked my advice
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel
with hundreds of videos
it is the largest collection of cosplay tutorials and cosplay fun on youtube.
Millions_Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #3
waynefactory
Registered User
 
waynefactory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
you can use many thecniquesYou can use various techniques. Clay with a structure and then make the cast to recreate in a lighter material, or with paper and glue, always with the support of a structure ... or foam. are so many ways, it just takes patience.
waynefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
fishmilkshake
Registered User
 
fishmilkshake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2
It sounds a bit gross, but if there's an animal whose horn is close to what you want you could use the real thing. I just started a project and ended up going to an abattoir and got exactly what I needed.
fishmilkshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
KoKi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions_Knives View Post
well there are a ton of ways to do it
i have a few vids with different style horns
hope this one is useful
(no good at typing)
thanks! i'll take a look at the video

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynefactory View Post
you can use many thecniquesYou can use various techniques. Clay with a structure and then make the cast to recreate in a lighter material, or with paper and glue, always with the support of a structure ... or foam. are so many ways, it just takes patience.
ah yes lots of patience... thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmilkshake View Post
It sounds a bit gross, but if there's an animal whose horn is close to what you want you could use the real thing. I just started a project and ended up going to an abattoir and got exactly what I needed.
hmm I'll have to see if theres an animal similar. there might be and i'll look into it. thanks for your suggestion!
KoKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.