Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Unread 12-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Barrons

Deleted.

Deleted.

Last edited by Barrons : 12-12-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Girl Sent me costume, not technically a scammer, was just trying to be.

Unread 12-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Serial_lover

hi there i would pull a paypal claim if it is not too late
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Barrons

Unfortunately, she had me "gift" the sale, so I actually cannot file a claim. I am on the other hand, filing a fraud charge with my bank.

I hope I can get my money back :/
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
Serial_lover

ouch. i know its been said a million times but reject any charge like that as soon as it comes to you. Never let anyone tell you that you have to gift anything. File a claim with your bank and if nothing else it might shut her down.
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrons View Post
Unfortunately, she had me "gift" the sale, so I actually cannot file a claim. I am on the other hand, filing a fraud charge with my bank.

I hope I can get my money back :/

ACTUALLY, you can file a claim even if you paid as gift. Someone bought something from me once, paid as gift, opened up a dispute, and won the case.

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

I hope you'll be able to get your money back. D: Next time someone tells you to mark the payment as a gift, tell them no and that you'd rather pay an extra $2 or whatever in fees (can be figured out here http://thefeecalculator.com/). You'll be a lot safer this way should you need to file a claim. Really sorry to hear this happened to you. ><

deviantArt account
Unread 12-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Sailor Steve

Hi!

I'm going through the same sort of thing at the moment...
I payed £175 (~$280) for an outfit on the 14th October and kept on being assured she was going to ship sometime soon.
I haven't heard anything for two-three weeks now.
I didn't think it was possible to get the money back through paypal because I gift'd it, do you think I should try going through my bank?

And I know it was silly to do it through gift, I've learnt my lesson since, but it never occurs to me that people can be so cruel and selfish...

I'm sorry this happened to you as well!
Unread 12-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Hi!

I'm going through the same sort of thing at the moment...
I payed £175 (~$280) for an outfit on the 14th October and kept on being assured she was going to ship sometime soon.
I haven't heard anything for two-three weeks now.
I didn't think it was possible to get the money back through paypal because I gift'd it, do you think I should try going through my bank?

And I know it was silly to do it through gift, I've learnt my lesson since, but it never occurs to me that people can be so cruel and selfish...

I'm sorry this happened to you as well!

Go to your bank, yes. Technically what she is doing is fraud/stealing your money.

Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Unread 12-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
Sailor Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninbri View Post
Go to your bank, yes. Technically what she is doing is fraud/stealing your money.
I will definately get in touch with them then!
Thanks so much for the advice!
Unread 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
NamelessLove

Wow, that really sucks.I know I always give the option to send the money however they want. I prefer personal/gift but have never had any problems with any of my buyers. I have been scammed myself twice before, once only losing $20.00 (Which the girl claimed she was broke and used the money for food and when asked why didn't she put tracking on it, gave me a sob story yet she had just come back from a con and then told me when you print tracking online, there is no free tracking number in California, which is not true btw. She closed her FB and the FB cosplay trade/sell page wasn't able to do anything about it.) and the other time losing over $100 and that was from a girl over in Ireland, which is why I no longer do trades overseas.

It's really crummy for people to do that to others and I hope they get what's coming to them.
Unread 12-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I had an issue with a marketplace user as well...I paid $110.00 for a cosplay but never received anything. She'd said that the wrong address was put on the package and it'd been sent back to her, I stated that when she reshipped it I'd like a tracking number but...nothing ever happened with it nor did I hear from her until I opened a Paypal dispute.
Fortunately...I got my money back. But it was not a pleasant experience.

I also know a friend has recently had a major issue with a user on the marketplace. The quality of the items that she received in a trade..were lied about. The proof photos she had been shown of the costumes were heavily Photoshopped...so the items she received were nothing like she'd expected. She was majorly ripped off and this person still continues to list items on the marketplace.
Thou canst not then be false to any man.”

~Tea is wisdom, just add water~
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #12
Barrons

update on this: perseverance might pay off haha :P On facebook, I located the account holder, who I believe is a family member, and informed them of the situation,( considering the account was in their name)...and I guess they contacted her. They said she told them the package was in the mail, and then proceeded to post on my facebook about how I was immature for contacting "random" people....and that she didn't respond because we live in different times zones, and that I will get the package soon. ridiculous, but If I get my costume, I guess I don't care. Some people really shouldn't be allowed to sell things here.
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Edited and re-posted later.

Last edited by Mykaios : 12-05-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Also, I learned the hard way, if you paid gift (which you did) and haven't reached past the days allowed, you can still file if you CALL them..I highly advise if you don't get your packes in about 5 days, to do that. I know paying gift that when you go to the resolution center, they won't do jack, but if you ALL them and explain that you feel this person asked you to pay that specifically to rip you off and you were unaware, they will be more likely to open a case.

That's what I did anyway..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #15
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Also, I learned the hard way, if you paid gift (which you did) and haven't reached past the days allowed, you can still file if you CALL them..I highly advise if you don't get your packes in about 5 days, to do that. I know paying gift that when you go to the resolution center, they won't do jack, but if you ALL them and explain that you feel this person asked you to pay that specifically to rip you off and you were unaware, they will be more likely to open a case.

That's what I did anyway..

Dude, PayPal must hate me then.. because they let a girl open a case against me (and she didn't call paypal, she just opened the case), and they decided it was in her favor and she won the case. She paid through gift, as well. Which is what I don't understand..

Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday: