Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Sailor Steve

Troublesome Seller: Tif9123

Just to let people know so they don't go through what I'm currently suffering:

Back in October the user Tif9123 posted selling a Princess Garnet Coronation Dress:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=304796

I paid £175 (~$280) for the dress and was told that she'd send it out that week and then I'd have it in about 4 days. This promise has been made multiple times now and, obviously, I still don't have the cosplay. I also haven't received any messages from her in the last three weeks.

Sadly I made the awful mistake of paying through a gift transaction so there is nothing that can be done to get the money back.

I really hope that soon enough I can remove this thread because everything gets resolved but as for now I'm giving up hope that this will happen.

Basically, just a warning for everyone - she has absolutely gorgeous costumes and is a great cosplayer by the looks of it, but, as with anyone, don't ever pay with a gift transaction! I think it's really sad that you just can't trust anyone on here anymore, for fear that it will go badly like this transaction has.

EDIT: The cosplay arrived yesterday - over two months from when I was supposed to get it. Sadly I'm home for Christmas so can't see it yet. My housemate has checked it for me and it all seems to be there. However it was sold as in perfect condition and there are some stains on it which I PRAY will come off - I don't know how bad they are yet....

Even though I've finally got my cosplay, I do feel that it's completely down to luck that I managed to find some people to get in touch with her and pressurise her into sending it. Therefore I think I would warn people to use caution with this seller and DON'T PAY WITH GIFT!!! x_x

Last edited by Sailor Steve : 12-21-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Finally Resolved.

Unread 12-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #2
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Yeah next time don't pay as gift that's like saying you don't care much about what your buying. Some ppl just ask to be payed by gift to save on a small fee..

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Sailor Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangiku12 View Post
Yeah next time don't pay as gift that's like saying you don't care much about what your buying. Some ppl just ask to be payed by gift to save on a small fee..
Yeah, I got that now thanks.
It's just a warning to other people for if they are interested in anything from her to be cautious...
Unread 12-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
iSeika

If you paid with a bank have you tried going through your bank to get
your money back? Im sorry that this has happened but please next time dont
pay as a gift the fee is worth the money.

Nekocon
Rofcon

Definite 2013 Cosplays

Meredy - Tales of Eternia
School Uniform Madoka - PMMM
Magical Girl Ranka Lee - Macross Frontier Sayonara no Tsubasa

Possible 2013 Cosplays

Champion Iris - Pokemon B&W2
Yuzuki Yukari - Vocaloid 3
Serah Farron - FF13
Elize - Tales of Xillia
Magical Girl Madoka - PMMM

Cosplay/Anime Facebook
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
pinapplegum
Laughter is contagious :)

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I bought ball-jointed-dolls from someone here and thought I would go ahead and be considerate about the paypal fee and send the $$ as a 'gift'. It's been 9 months. No dolls. I contacted my local authorities, but it's hard to do anything when I live in JAPAN.

I never had a problem with 'gifting' until then.

Cosplay.com has helped me to lose trust in the honest of most people. =.=

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...0312933&type=3
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

It is probably beyond PayPal's time frame, but if not, call up there. That's right, try calling them. A few people I've known have paid by the option of a "gift" and still received their money back. It's worth a shot anyways. Just explain that the seller asked you to pay as a "gift." This is a breech of PayPal's TOS for the seller. Someone cannot ask you to pay as a "gift" if they are selling you something.

If it is over the time frame, I'd still report them to PayPal. Also, go to your bank if you used your bank account. Usually, your bank will help out.
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
Sailor Steve

Thanks everyone.
I have tried calling both paypal and my bank but they say they can't do anything because it's a gift transaction.
I might call again tomorrow just to be sure....
But this thread was just mostly to warn people so they don't suffer the same way I did...
Unread 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #8
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Thanks everyone.
I have tried calling both paypal and my bank but they say they can't do anything because it's a gift transaction.
I might call again tomorrow just to be sure....
But this thread was just mostly to warn people so they don't suffer the same way I did...
I'm sorry to hear that. Do keep trying. Sometimes, you get different representatives on the line. Some are much more helpful than others.

Thanks for the warning...I feel like this user has been called out before. I'm going to dig around.

AND THIS IS WHY WE NEED A RATING SYSTEM BACK: http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/m...ction=readfeed Negative feedback about being a scammer on the old Cosplay.com marketplace. I knew she sounded familiar.

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 12-06-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #9
Sailor Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. Do keep trying. Sometimes, you get different representatives on the line. Some are much more helpful than others.

Thanks for the warning...I feel like this user has been called out before. I'm going to dig around.

AND THIS IS WHY WE NEED A RATING SYSTEM BACK: http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/m...ction=readfeed Negative feedback about being a scammer on the old Cosplay.com marketplace. I knew she sounded familiar.
Ah, well there goes all hope I had.
Thanks for confirming this though!
Do you know if there's any way we can try to have their account blocked for things like this? Especially if it's happened more than once...
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post

.. That negative feedback from last year says they were scammed out of selling their Garnet cosplay.. yeah, this definitely would have helped because if she sold it.. how could she be selling it?

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
lawanted
Meow~<3

Wow she tried selling the same costume more than once.. shame on her :/
Just leave it to some people to ruin it for everyone else!
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
Sailor Steve

Yeah... I wish I was more familiar with the site and would have been able to find that feedback before I got involved....
I just really hope no one else is going through this because she put three cosplays up for sale at the same time!
She might have even pretended to sell the cosplays to multiple people!!!
Sigh, you're very right lawanted, there's always a few people who do things like this...
Unread 12-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Yeah... I wish I was more familiar with the site and would have been able to find that feedback before I got involved....
I just really hope no one else is going through this because she put three cosplays up for sale at the same time!
She might have even pretended to sell the cosplays to multiple people!!!
Sigh, you're very right lawanted, there's always a few people who do things like this...
Whoops, found what I was looking for. I'm guessing she's tried to sell these other cosplays before...and possibly "sold" them too.

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 12-06-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #14
usuyukisou

A few months back, she posted a few other cosplays for sale, under a new account.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=289764

I looked into her a little back then because I was interested in the Serah then.

The first bit I found was her Etsy (tif9123), and according to that, the Serah was sold with no issues. However, before that feedback popped up (a bit of time had elapsed before it appeared, presumably shipping time?), I went ahead and found her Ebay (tif9123), and found that she had mixed reviews as a seller; there were many comments of "slow to send" or "never got item" type complaints.
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by usuyukisou View Post
A few months back, she posted a few other cosplays for sale, under a new account.
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=289764

I looked into her a little back then because I was interested in the Serah then.

The first bit I found was her Etsy (tif9123), and according to that, the Serah was sold with no issues. However, before that feedback popped up (a bit of time had elapsed before it appeared, presumably shipping time?), I went ahead and found her Ebay (tif9123), and found that she had mixed reviews as a seller; there were many comments of "slow to send" or "never got item" type complaints.
Holy crap, I remember seeing her all over Etsy with those Stocking photos and I remember when she tried to sell her Serah on here. I actually considered telling my friend about her Stocking cosplays.. glad I didn't.

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE