Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Archived Marketplace Forums

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
Sailor Steve

Wow, so this is rather long-term stuff then!!!
I'm gonna definately be looking out to make sure this can't happen to anyone else!!!
Well, I have a small amount of success in that she might be removed from a cosplay competition she's entered if she doesn't get in touch with the organisers and myself to sort this out!!!

Unread 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
Poki_Toshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Just to let people know so they don't go through what I'm currently suffering:

Back in October the user Tif9123 posted selling a Princess Garnet Coronation Dress:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=304796

I paid £175 (~$280) for the dress and was told that she'd send it out that week and then I'd have it in about 4 days. This promise has been made multiple times now and, obviously, I still don't have the cosplay. I also haven't received any messages from her in the last three weeks.

Sadly I made the awful mistake of paying through a gift transaction so there is nothing that can be done to get the money back.

I really hope that soon enough I can remove this thread because everything gets resolved but as for now I'm giving up hope that this will happen.

Basically, just a warning for everyone - she has absolutely gorgeous costumes and is a great cosplayer by the looks of it, but, as with anyone, don't ever pay with a gift transaction! I think it's really sad that you just can't trust anyone on here anymore, for fear that it will go badly like this transaction has.
Wow I'm glad I didn't try and buy the Zelda cosplay she posted for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbabycakes View Post
AND THIS IS WHY WE NEED A RATING SYSTEM BACK: http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/m...ction=readfeed Negative feedback about being a scammer on the old Cosplay.com marketplace. I knew she sounded familiar.
Seriously whatever happened to the rating system? I feel bad about not giving positive feedback to people I've purchased some wigs and other things from, and it would help for the people that get scammed on here as well.
Upcoming cons: Momocon, Dragoncon, AWA
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #18
Sailor Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poki_Toshi View Post
Wow I'm glad I didn't try and buy the Zelda cosplay she posted for sale.

Seriously whatever happened to the rating system? I feel bad about not giving positive feedback to people I've purchased some wigs and other things from, and it would help for the people that get scammed on here as well.
I'm super glad you didn't buy anything! But I'm glad someone else saw those posts and thought they looked good!
But definately remember her username in future!!!
If I ever see it I'll definately be posting a comment to warn people away!
Unread 12-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #19
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Someone might want to post on her ad that she's a scammer and link to this thread, just in case someone else comes along wanting to buy it.
Unread 12-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #20
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

There needs to be a marketplace seller review thread made and stickied if we aren't getting the old marketplace back.
Unread 12-07-2012, 03:04 AM   #21
LinkandZelda
Aussie Cosplayer

Hi Sailor Steve what size are you I have one for sale I will give it to you cheap its in a silk material comes in 3 components and the gloves Let me know as Ill do a deal on it for you I know what its like to be ripped off some packages do take a while if going over seas like my dress from Poland took three months to get to Australia I was going to buy that one glad I didn't just pm me if you need to talk
Unread 12-07-2012, 03:05 AM   #22
LinkandZelda
Aussie Cosplayer

Also will link you to my ebay if needed I have 100% positive feedback
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #23
Sailor Steve

Just to let everyone know that, in trying to have her removed from a cosplay competition, one organiser has had a long chat with me and contacted her and the three of us are trying to sort the situation out.
I will give updates for anyone who is interested and hopefully it can all be resolved...
Unread 12-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #24
Sailor Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkandZelda View Post
Also will link you to my ebay if needed I have 100% positive feedback
Thank you, I will keep you in mind for the future but I'm not interested in trying to buy this outfit again right now....
Unread 12-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #25
LinkandZelda
Aussie Cosplayer

Ok well if you change your mind its here I don't wear it anymore scammers tick me off
Unread 12-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #26
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

I think something needs to be done about these scammers as well. Since this is operated on the forums, there is not much we mods can do. I highly recommend everyone be very careful of who they are dealing with and how they pay for their items though. It saddens me to see people getting ripped off from other users. I'll approach Admin and engage the other mods to see if we can come up with any ideas - for now, keeping the threads open so everyone can see who not to deal with is at least one way to help. I may make a scammers thread and Sticky it so everyone knows who to avoid. We can't ban members for accusations of scamming another member, but we can at least take some measures to help prevent it. This is one reason why we are so strict about users having at least 10 posts and be a member for at least 30 days to use the Marketplace forums, but I think more should probably be done. I feel bad for you guys.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Unread 12-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #27
Sailor Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki View Post
I think something needs to be done about these scammers as well. Since this is operated on the forums, there is not much we mods can do. I highly recommend everyone be very careful of who they are dealing with and how they pay for their items though. It saddens me to see people getting ripped off from other users. I'll approach Admin and engage the other mods to see if we can come up with any ideas - for now, keeping the threads open so everyone can see who not to deal with is at least one way to help. I may make a scammers thread and Sticky it so everyone knows who to avoid. We can't ban members for accusations of scamming another member, but we can at least take some measures to help prevent it. This is one reason why we are so strict about users having at least 10 posts and be a member for at least 30 days to use the Marketplace forums, but I think more should probably be done. I feel bad for you guys.
That's a great idea which would go a long way to helping prevent this sort of thing!
Hopefully I might still be able to salvage my situation slightly, but it's certainly put me off buying anything again, even if I were to be more careful in the future...
Unread 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #28
LinkandZelda
Aussie Cosplayer

bit worried myself having a same sort of issue I sent a package off to a girl it was sent by sea my post office said its defiantly on its way to her but she wont get it till sometime this month, I will defiantly be ringing the post office with the tracking number again as she is saying she hasn't got it
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #29
blue_heaven

Wow, I wish I had seen this post earlier! I'm the girl who got scammed out of her Garnet cosplay back in 2011. It was actually the Garnet orange jumpsuit. Still, I'm so sorry that happened to you. She has had problems on her ebay feedback, as well (in around 2011, though):

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&mPg=20&page=4

I sent a few emails to the admin of cosplay.com because she continued to post multiple costumes on the marketplace. I posted on many of her ads on the old marketplace warning others, but I was afraid to continue doing so, considering no one in admin seemed to care, and people might just think I was a troll. I haven't heard from her since April 2011 (after she promised me a tracking number, and said she had sent out the costume, then stopped responding), and I actually got a message from her a couple days ago discussing compensation for the Garnet jumpsuit I never received.

Maybe this post has helped her realize her error? I'll let you guys know what happens, either way. I'm really sorry that happened to you, Sailor Steve, hopefully she works to resolve it with you, too.

but yeah, refused to respond to me after saying there was a tracking number, but continued to post costumes under the same, and also a different, username. I had evidence and a couple testimonials, but admin never responded or did anything. Maybe admin can start enforcing a marketplace responsibility policy? Something like, by posting items in the marketplace, you now have a responsibility to respond to reasonable questions regarding the items' shipment, including tracking number, and to respond to a mod immediately should they question you about a transaction or status of a bought costume--failing to do will result in a deletion of profile or ban?

Unread 12-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #30
Sailor Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_heaven View Post
Wow, I wish I had seen this post earlier! I'm the girl who got scammed out of her Garnet cosplay back in 2011. It was actually the Garnet orange jumpsuit. Still, I'm so sorry that happened to you. She has had problems on her ebay feedback, as well (in around 2011, though):

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&mPg=20&page=4

I sent a few emails to the admin of cosplay.com because she continued to post multiple costumes on the marketplace. I posted on many of her ads on the old marketplace warning others, but I was afraid to continue doing so, considering no one in admin seemed to care, and people might just think I was a troll. I haven't heard from her since April 2011 (after she promised me a tracking number, and said she had sent out the costume, then stopped responding), and I actually got a message from her a couple days ago discussing compensation for the Garnet jumpsuit I never received.

Maybe this post has helped her realize her error? I'll let you guys know what happens, either way. I'm really sorry that happened to you, Sailor Steve, hopefully she works to resolve it with you, too.

but yeah, refused to respond to me after saying there was a tracking number, but continued to post costumes under the same, and also a different, username. I had evidence and a couple testimonials, but admin never responded or did anything. Maybe admin can start enforcing a marketplace responsibility policy? Something like, by posting items in the marketplace, you now have a responsibility to respond to reasonable questions regarding the items' shipment, including tracking number, and to respond to a mod immediately should they question you about a transaction or status of a bought costume--failing to do will result in a deletion of profile or ban?
Hi, not to claim any glory or anything - it was actually a complete misunderstanding! - but I might have been partially responsible for getting you a bit of a refund...

The guy who is acting as a middle man for me misunderstood and thought your username on here was me after I provided him with proof of your previous negative feedback. He then informed her that it had been unfair of her to just say it was the postal service's fault and that there was nothing she could do about it and she thankfully agreed to settle it with you further. That's the gist of it anyway.
I'm glad she's been in touch with you!
Can you keep me updated about whether things go through for you? Maybe give me a PM if you get it sorted?

I'm glad that other people might be getting their problems resolved!!!! ^_^