Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 12-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
MaiCosplay

Out/Under-Growing cosplay costumes

What do you do when you outgrow or undergrow your cosplay. Meaning gained a few inches taller or gain/lose a few pounds from when you first bought or made the cosplay. Because of yo-yo dieting, growth spurts or whatever reason. I know it could mean the same thing with clothes, but how about wigs, armor, bodysuits etc,.

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 12-24-2013 at 05:20 AM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
konekoanni

If you lost weight/size, then it shouldn't be a problem to take in the cosplay depending on the complexity of the design.

Height is a little more difficult--pants will probably need to be remade, skirts will get shorter (so it will depend on your comfort level whether you would want to remake those as well), and jackets/shirts will fit differently.

Wigs shouldn't be too much of a problem, since most of them are one size anyway. Armor will depend on how it was made to be worn--if it was made to strap on, then shortening the straps might be a good fix, but if it's form-fitting or a full piece, it might have to be reshaped or completely remade.

Kiryuin Satsuki [Kill la Kill] 100% - AX 2014
Classic Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon S] 100% - AX 2014
Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi] 35% - AX 2014
Super Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon SuperS] 60% - PMX 2014

ACP | blog | facebook | deviantART | tumblr | worldcosplay
konekoanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
MaiCosplay

Thanks so much ^-^
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

If I still am interested in wearing it, I'll take it in (haven't grown any taller since 2005, so height's no issue anymore). Otherwise, I'll sell it or retire it.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #5
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

I can't wear any of my old costumes right now. Pretty much everything hangs off me like a sack or falls right off. I probably won't be making much of anything until I get to my weight loss goals simply because everything I want to make needs to be really tailored. I like wearing my costumes for awhile too.

I've thrown out a good deal. Others that are a bit nicer that I'm holding onto, I might just sell.