Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Unread 08-24-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
CrazyCookie2111

Smile Fran's Toad Hat

Hello everyone! I was just wondering how do you make Fran's Toad Hat. Right now I'm just curious about the process of creating the hat. Have A wonderful Day!

You're a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
CrazyCookie2111 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
ELunamoon
Kore Demo Shitsuji DEATH

I'm looking for that as well! If I find anything I'll let you know!
Fran (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)-Izaya (Durarara!!)-Jasdero (D Gray Man)-Devit (D Gray Man)-Jasdevi(D Gray Man)-Jack Spicer (Xiaolin Showdown)-Deidara {Reluctantly...Disgusting mouth bastard} (Naruto)-Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!)-Mello (Death Note)-Black Rock Shooter (Vocaloid PV)
ELunamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
tipsd9video
Juudaime!

Maybe making it with chicken wire would work. I made my Hibird cosplay by molding a big round shape out of chicken wire, coating it in paper mache, and making a big cloth covering for it, Frans hat is sorta the same shape as hibird, so maybe that would work.
tipsd9video is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
CrazyCookie2111

@Eluna: Thanks I'll keep my eyes open too!! I'll send you any information, if I find anything.

@tips: Hmm chicken wire, sounds like a good idea. Might have to give that a try! Thanks for the idea! ^__^

You're a team player, a save the day superhero. I hate people like you. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Unread 12-29-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
karenmelx3

Hey!
I'm working on a fran cosplay as well and i was going to use this tutorial to make the hat
http://adelade.deviantart.com/art/ha...orial-88890432

hopefully this helps! ^^
karenmelx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
Noia
Needs a Homestuck group!

I'm not planning a Fran cosplay, but I searched deviantART for a bit and found a tutorial that might help.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...orial#/d2ur9td

She wakes up scared of gettin old, she don't feel no shame. She knows so many pretty boys! They are all the same. They said, "Hey there girl, tell me what do you do?" She said, "Nothin, but I'm damn sure it's more than you."

That girl's a genius - oh whoa oh oh oh oh!
I think she's serious - oh whoa oh oh oh oh oh~
Noia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2011, 03:30 AM   #7
kuroimamui
Biting Midget

Ah! oAo! Thats my friend's tutorial! 8D

... Why she never told me about the tutorial, I'll never know XD
kuroimamui is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
CrazyCookie2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noia View Post
I'm not planning a Fran cosplay, but I searched deviantART for a bit and found a tutorial that might help.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...orial#/d2ur9td
THANKS A BUNCH!!! I used this tutorial and my hat came out great!
Take a look:http://nakedcat21.deviantart.com/gal...set=0#/d45wj2c

Unread 05-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #9
nihilistD

Hi, everyone! I made my own version of the hat and wrote a pretty in-depth tutorial on how to make it. I hope it helps for future Fran cosplayers

http://nihilistd.blog.com/2012/05/30...play-tutorial/
nihilistD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
Iriehana
Magical Cinnamon Toast

Basically I took a giant bouncy ball, marked it out, smothered it in vaseline, and created a base from plaster strips. Then, I reinforced it with a couple of layers of paper mache (basically I just used a mix of Elmer's glue and water for this).

Attaching the eyes was a big thing of trial and error because I had to put the thing on my head and see where the eyes would go. I marked those spots and then I curved long, narrow strips of paper to make the points where the eyes came out. Then I cut long oval pieces from paper, stuffed the eyes with stuffed animal stuffing and then attached those to the curvy extensions on the hat.

I stuffed the hat with that same stuff and then put in an old bucket hat. Attached that with hot glue, and reinforced the edges with black pleather. Originally I was gonna use the pleather for the hat itself but it frustrated me to no end. I ended up painting it instead. ^^;

And this was the end result:

http://shyranelle.deviantart.com/gallery/35279113#/d4ljy73

It was a lot lighter than I thought it would be and it stayed on well, even when I was
bent over getting my butt kicked by Bel-senpai. c:

If anyone wants me to explain a little better how to make this, please feel free to ask questions. ^^

2014: Anime Boston, Another Anime Convention
???
Iriehana is offline   Reply With Quote