Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
ari--hime

2 different contacts, 1 cosplay?!

hey everyone! i'm going to be cosplaying as takanashi rikka from chu-2, but i'm having problems finding contacts for her... she has one blue eye, and one yellowish/goldish.

see here

i cant find a set of contacts where they have both a blue and yellow shade. i know rikkas "wicked eye" (the yellow one) is just her wearing a contact, but wouldn't it look awkward if i had 2 different brands of contacts? especially if they're different sizes.
also do you know any sites where i could order them individually? i don't wanna spend the money on two pairs if i don't have to. thanks everyone<3

**my natural eyes are brown.
ari--hime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Well you won't find a set with mismatched shades but some seller offer the option of buying you contact separately.

Gold
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop/colour/gold.cfm
Yellow
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop/colour/yellow.cfm
Blue
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop/colour/blue.cfm

I don't think there is anything wrong with havin gthem mistached either because the colour is whats' important and her blue is spose to be her natural eye colour. The truth is unless some ones litterally in your face no one going to notice the details of your contacts just you got the colour right.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #3
huskies4ever

I would just wear a blue one in one eye and a golden one in the other. The thing with contacts is that they are not THAT THAT THAT visible (unless you have a very flash colour or the person looking is up to your face). So nobody is going to be like: "Omg! That gold is slightly off!" No. And don't try piling two contacts into your eye at once either. I hear some people do that. Just no.

So yeah, like Ani said, some (most?) companies do let you buy contacts separately. For me, I kind of have to because my eyes are on two different prescription.

Buying two different contacts is what I did for Piko (who has one green and one blue eye). Just make sure they are from the same company, though, or at least have the same diameter (normal lenses are around 14mm and circle lenses are around 14.5mm.) A difference in size can make your eyes seem... awkward (one eye would look smaller than the other, kinda).
huskies4ever is offline   Reply With Quote