Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
Tsukino Sora

Cosplay Group in Northern California

Hi, I'm Sora (Not my real name, of course), and I represent a cosplay group in Northern California. There are currently 6 of us, with 2 friends who frequently join in our cosplays. Currently, we are looking for new members, and would love it if anyone can join us.

We are all spread out around the Bay Area, so don't worry about your location. We have members in Berkeley, San Jose, Oakland, and out in farming areas, so we're not centrally located in any one city. Our future cosplays include Ouran High School Host Club, Soul Eater, Kingdom Hearts, Hetalia, Black Butler, and many more, while our main conventions are Fanime and SacAnime.

If you're at all interested, please contact me on my facebook, or e-mail me. Just click the links, or post here and I'll get back to you as soon as possible :3
Tsukino Sora is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
Tsukino Sora

My post finally showed!

Anyone interested?
Tsukino Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Black_The_White

I'd love to join since I'm moving to Northern California this August, unfortunately I'm moving to Eureka which puts me pretty far away from you guys still. .___.

Conventions
Anime LA 2015
Fanime 2015
Black_The_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #4
Brandal3

Hi, I'm from Sacramento and although the only anime I've watched was dbz when I was a kid, I really wish to get into anime for it's spectacular attention to detail and movement. It's just beautifully animated! I'm a huge fan of Avatar: the last airbender and The legend of Korra (I don't know if some people would consider that anime, because I don't). I've recently shown an interest to cosplaying but have no knowledge about it. I was hoping maybe joining or at least communicating with a cosplay group would show me the insights of making a cosplay. Though I figure that cosplayers would want nothing to do with a newbie.
There is a strong chance I will attend SacAnime Summer 2012 (my FIRST con EVER!!!) depending if I work that weekend. I'm currently trying to learn the basics of making a cosplay (and I mean the basics of the basics. We're talking THE BASICS of THE BASICS of THE BASICS!!!). I'm open to cosplay anything that's comfortable, and by that I mean anything that won't toast me cause it's freaking hot over here.
Brandal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
RitsukaUzumaki
Straight as a Rainbow!

Well I'd really like to know more about this group of yours. Do you all have a group DeviantART or YouTube or FaceBook?

I'm a cosplayer from the Sonoma County Area.
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...&ved=0CJYBELYD

I too go to Sac-Anime, I've gone every year since 2009, and I went to FanimeCon2012(First time).

At the moment I cosplay from Kuroshitsuji(Black Butler) and Naruto Shippuden.
Though I have over a dozen in progress cosplays and future cosplays.
I also love to Fursuit, (: I've made a couple of my own, but have had others commission me some.
2014 Cosplay Plans:
~~~~~~~
Possible 2015 cosplays:
~~~~~~~
DeviantART:
http://ritsukauzumaki.deviantart.com/
FaceBook:
https://www.facebook.com/RitsukaUzumaki
RitsukaUzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #6
Robert San

Hey, I'm kind of far, but hey. I sent you a friend request on Facebook ^^
Robert San is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
XxSora145xX
Also known as barcodecat

I live in the east Bay Area, fairly close to where you guys are. Which cons do you go to?
XxSora145xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
AntiMatter

I live in the East Bay and would like to participate. I also organize photo shoots here and just did one on a Submarine in San Francisco last Sunday.
AntiMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #9
nordicunicorn
Freakshow

I currently live in San Mateo -moving down to San Jose-ish in a bit - and I'd be very interested! I don't have any cosplay friends here in the US, so it's be awesome to meet some people

And I just sent you a friend request on Facebook. I'm the one with pink hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMoyashi365 View Post
on that note:
"who is Ani-may and why is there a convention about her?"
Quote:
Considering that Kingdom Hearts is perhaps the most over cosplayed series of this year and last, and Anime Expo is literally walking distance away from Disneyworld, I'm surprised that cosplayers don't just march on the gates, hundreds upon hundreds of KH cosplayers looking to storm the gates of Disney.

Last edited by nordicunicorn : 07-12-2012 at 01:39 AM.
nordicunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #10
Tsukino Sora

Gaaah. Sorry for the late replies, guys. I didn't realize people had posted on here until just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_The_White View Post
I'd love to join since I'm moving to Northern California this August, unfortunately I'm moving to Eureka which puts me pretty far away from you guys still. .___.
I had to look up on a map where exactly Eureka was, and, unfortunately, since it is pretty far away, I don't think it would be advisable for you to join.... sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandal3 View Post
Hi, I'm from Sacramento and although the only anime I've watched was dbz when I was a kid, I really wish to get into anime for it's spectacular attention to detail and movement. It's just beautifully animated! I'm a huge fan of Avatar: the last airbender and The legend of Korra (I don't know if some people would consider that anime, because I don't). I've recently shown an interest to cosplaying but have no knowledge about it. I was hoping maybe joining or at least communicating with a cosplay group would show me the insights of making a cosplay. Though I figure that cosplayers would want nothing to do with a newbie.
There is a strong chance I will attend SacAnime Summer 2012 (my FIRST con EVER!!!) depending if I work that weekend. I'm currently trying to learn the basics of making a cosplay (and I mean the basics of the basics. We're talking THE BASICS of THE BASICS of THE BASICS!!!). I'm open to cosplay anything that's comfortable, and by that I mean anything that won't toast me cause it's freaking hot over here.
Oh, hi there! I think my group would welcome a newbie, so that isn't an issue. My only question is whether or not you could make it to San Jose for Fanime... I mean, I'll discuss it with the others, but I don't know if they would be okay with someone who lives in Sacramento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitsukaUzumaki View Post
Well I'd really like to know more about this group of yours. Do you all have a group DeviantART or YouTube or FaceBook?

I'm a cosplayer from the Sonoma County Area.
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...&ved=0CJYBELYD

I too go to Sac-Anime, I've gone every year since 2009, and I went to FanimeCon2012(First time).

At the moment I cosplay from Kuroshitsuji(Black Butler) and Naruto Shippuden.
Though I have over a dozen in progress cosplays and future cosplays.
I also love to Fursuit, (: I've made a couple of my own, but have had others commission me some.
Well, we all have individual facebooks, and I'm in the process of making us accounts on other websites, but as I said, we're a new group, and most of us are new to cosplay. Luckily, I'm a veteran cosplayer, so I can teach everyone the basics; however, this means that we don't have any group pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert San View Post
Hey, I'm kind of far, but hey. I sent you a friend request on Facebook ^^
Oh, really? I think I remember you friending me, but I'm not certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSora145xX View Post
I live in the east Bay Area, fairly close to where you guys are. Which cons do you go to?
We go to SacAnime and Fanime, basically. I'm also trying to get the others to attend smaller conventions such as Kin-YoobiCon, but I don't know if they will or not just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiMatter View Post
I live in the East Bay and would like to participate. I also organize photo shoots here and just did one on a Submarine in San Francisco last Sunday.
That sounds awesome! Are you a photographer, or are you a cosplayer? If yes the the latter, what/whom do you cosplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicunicorn View Post
I currently live in San Mateo -moving down to San Jose-ish in a bit - and I'd be very interested! I don't have any cosplay friends here in the US, so it's be awesome to meet some people

And I just sent you a friend request on Facebook. I'm the one with pink hair.
That's you? Oh, cool! Well, I completely forgot to respond to you on there, but I'm sure that we can become friends. What exactly do you cosplay? I forget if you have any information on your facebook about that...
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
nordicunicorn
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukino Sora View Post
That's you? Oh, cool! Well, I completely forgot to respond to you on there, but I'm sure that we can become friends. What exactly do you cosplay? I forget if you have any information on your facebook about that...
Don't worry about it ^^

So far only VOCALOID. I have a huuuuuge VOCALOID project I'll carry on with through the year, but I've been wanting to cosplay Hetalia since forever, as well as Kuroshitsuji. I can make do with one or two side projects, that's no problem

Here's me on dA, if you want o see what I've done so far.
http://nordicunicorn.deviantart.com/

Mind you, I am a beginner, but I'm also an extremely fast learner and very picky with anything from quality of fabric and placement of seams down to the positioning of hairpins ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMoyashi365 View Post
on that note:
"who is Ani-may and why is there a convention about her?"
Quote:
Considering that Kingdom Hearts is perhaps the most over cosplayed series of this year and last, and Anime Expo is literally walking distance away from Disneyworld, I'm surprised that cosplayers don't just march on the gates, hundreds upon hundreds of KH cosplayers looking to storm the gates of Disney.
nordicunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #12
Tsukino Sora

@nordicunicorn

Oh, well, my group intends to cosplay VOCALOID one day, as well as Hetalia, and our current project right now is Kuroshitsuji, which we intend to finish by May of next year. Also, I don't know if you read that part, but I said that most of my friends are beginners, and I'm teaching them pretty much all that I know so they can become successful cosplayers themselves.

And don't worry, I'm a good teacher ;D

(Also, on an unrelated note, I'm following you on deviantART and tumblr now)
Unread 07-19-2012, 05:46 AM   #13
Tsukino Sora

Just so everyone knows, we gained a seventh member a couple of days ago, and are in the process of possibly adding two more people. Which, then, brings our total to 9 people (possibly), and two guests. Our cap will probably be 13 people.
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:37 AM   #14
Elinu

Hey I'm very interested. I'd be able to meet up with you guys at anytime actually. I just need to get a bit more income. I posted in the California thread, but I'm in Martinez =) So I'm an hour / less away from everyone.
Elinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #15
Elinu

Since I can't figure out how to edit posts on this forum, I also added you to facebook :3
Elinu is offline   Reply With Quote