Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 12-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Thermogenics?

So, a co-worker told me about a style of supplement called Thermogenics (Spelling?), and just wondering if it actually a good idea for weight loss. I've been losing weight already from better diet and cardio, but not sure if this will really help. I also try to stay away from supplements and such, but if this does indeed help with weight loss and not build muscle I'm game.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

2014 cons: Whatever happens down in Pensacola or where ever life takes me!

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
Sokar

Personally I would avoid these products. I am sure there are others who will disagree here but I don't see the point in using them especially since you are already losing weight from changing your diet and exercising. If you do want to buy one of these products I would highly suggest talking to someone who knows their business. I will never go to GNC, all they do is up-sale around here and most don't even know how effective their products are. I like going to Nutrition Depot around here, all of the staff is knowledgeable and will tell you which products are best and what has kind of funky side effects.

If your weight loss starts to falter try changing up your cardio routine. Run one day, stairs the next, elliptical if you have a gym. My personal favorite, heavy bag and some gloves, 3 minutes on, 1 minute off. Have a good XMAS!
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
Drazhar

I've heard many good things about Animal Cuts...

Also, bodybuilding.com for all supplements as far as I'm concerned.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
Selkies

All thermogenics are really good for is energy boost/apatite suppression it will indeed help boost your BMR a little bit, but not enough to lose significant weight if your diet and metabolism aren't in check.
Unread 12-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
rndmguy

I took a thermogenic at one point, one of the more recommended ones at that, and didn't notice any real difference besides I got hot for no reason and sweated a lot more. The energy boost really wasn't there for me, and I was taking upwards to like 250-400mg of caffeine in that one sitting.

Needless to say, I wouldn't waste my money. I still got like half a bottle sitting in my drawer and I have no clue why I haven't just tossed it yet. It's not going to make you burn fat any faster. Keep up with the diet and cardio, and if you haven't already then add in some weight training.
rndmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #6
belligerent
Viking Metal

If this crap really worked, wouldn't you be seeing stories in the news about it how it's the new weightloss breakthrough? I've tried a couple of them and maybe there are certain conditions under which they might work for some people. However, I'm not one of those some people for ANY of these products, so I'm really skeptical. What are the odds that none of them would have any kind of effect?

Save your money and run more.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmguy View Post
I took a thermogenic at one point, one of the more recommended ones at that, and didn't notice any real difference besides I got hot for no reason and sweated a lot more. The energy boost really wasn't there for me, and I was taking upwards to like 250-400mg of caffeine in that one sitting.

Needless to say, I wouldn't waste my money. I still got like half a bottle sitting in my drawer and I have no clue why I haven't just tossed it yet. It's not going to make you burn fat any faster. Keep up with the diet and cardio, and if you haven't already then add in some weight training.
This. And I got jittery from the caffeine in it.
Kaito Yashio - Robotics; Notes (Otakon 2014, re-vamp)
Colonel Armstrong - FMA: Brotherhood (Eventually)
Zoro - One Piece (Eventually)
Ippo - Hajime no Ippo (Eventually)
Hody - One Piece (Eventually)
Kaito Yashio - Robotics; Notes (Otakon 2013, Completed)
Free - Soul Eater (Otakon 2013, Completed)

My Facebook cosplay group - Southern Maryland Cosplay (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote