Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
VegaSailor

Cosplay Slim in Six Starting Jan 1 anyone?

I'm thinking of starting the beachbody program Slim in Six on Jan 1 to help me get in shape for SakuraCon 2013? Anybody with the program want to join me?

We can post our results per week, keep each other motivated, share recipes, even post videos of ourselves working out in cosplay!
VegaSailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

I'll join you! I'm not doing the Slim in Six program, but I am going to do TurboFire! I am actually going to start tonight with my program. I would start on the 1st, but I am kind of anxious to get started and my husband is due to come home in mid Feb so I have a deadline sooner than Sakura Con!

But I am planning to attend Sakura Con 2013! I haven't been to a con since 2007 so I am really excited to go!

And I LOVE your idea about working on in cosplay!! I am SO going to do this once I figure out who I am going to go as and get it made!

=D

| edward elric [fullmetal alchemist] 0% | duo maxwell [gundam wing] 50% |
| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| princess ariel's pink gown [the little mermaid] (planning) |
| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
nevershutsupkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #3
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

WHEW! Just got done with TurboFire Day 1! Now.. I need a shower!!

| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
KidXister

What is slim in six?
KidXister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 12:34 AM   #5
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Here is a link to the program on the official BeachBody website. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...s/slim_in_6.do

And here is the link of the program I am doing:
http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...s/turbofire.do

-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-19-2012, 02:21 AM   #6
LevelUp

Sounds good! I'm actually doing the program Insanity. On day 2; it's *ahem* crazyness! But feels great knowing that my body is going to be in much better shape.
www.LevelUpWigs.Deviantart.com
LevelUpWigs@Gmail(dot)com
LevelUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #7
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

=D !!! I did Insanity for a little bit (okay... a week) but I fell off that horse once my school/homework picked up. But now that I'm on winter break, I am hoping to re-saddle that bronco!

I just completed Day 2 of TurboFire about 30 minutes ago!

Definitely post here how you are doing with your Insanity journey! Dig deeper!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
LevelUp

Most definitely And congrats on day 2! Keep chuggin'!
www.LevelUpWigs.Deviantart.com
LevelUpWigs@Gmail(dot)com
LevelUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
nikkiolie

I'm also trying to get in shape for Sak. I got through about half of p90x before I got bored and stopped. Right now I am doing 30 minutes on my manual treadmill (a lot harder than a normal treadmill) 5-6 days a week and weights 3 days a week, including 50 squats with 40 lbs (25 normal and 25 wide stance), 25 lunges each leg with 10 lbs, 20 push ups, 50 hip rises with 20 lbs, and about half of ab ripper X from the p90x series. I'm working on doing the whole thing.

On Saturday I am going to go to the gym with my mom and do failure squats. I have no idea how much I can do right now. We'll find out soon. I'll be very sore Sunday and Monday x.x

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Thanks LevelUp! Yesterday was a rest day but this morning, I couldn't get out a bed because my muscles were so sore and tight! I'm actually looking forward to working out so I can stretch and kick this soreness to the dust! =)

Wow Nikkiolie! That's quite the lineup for your workout! But it sounds amazing! I love love love squats!! So rock on with those!!! And best of luck at the gym this weekend!! I use to go to the YMCA to work out but I haven't since school started in Oct. But I know that on post, I can get 16 free hours of child care (my son is 1) and they have personal trainers so I am really looking into doing that. I should probably hop to that before the 1st and the trainers are all booked up by the New Year Resolutioners! I am impressed that you got half way through P90X. That is one program I would love to try out (after TurboFire and Insanity).

-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

How's everyone doing this week!? Nikkiolie?? LevelUp??

Today is day 6 for me! I am still in absolute love with TurboFire. Last night was a new routine so I felt I spent the whole hour trying to remember the choreography but I know I'll get the hang of it sometime soon! I've also decided to treat this winter break from school as an "at home boot camp". I've been getting up early (while Titus is sleeping) to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, then I do an exercise DVD in the afternoon (when Titus is napping) and at night, I do TurboFire (you got it! When Titus is asleep!). I am SO sore but I am LOVING it!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-23-2012, 02:11 AM   #12
tehravingalice

I'm in
tehravingalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 03:01 AM   #13
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Woohoo tehravingalice!!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-23-2012, 03:11 AM   #14
tehravingalice

after a year of putting it off i need the work out

In high school i was a work out junkie though an art nerd *shrug*

2 years out of highschool well i guess that is what i get for not staying in shape
tehravingalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2012, 03:39 AM   #15
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Lol! I love it when people break stereotypes! I was in the FFA so I would wear my cowboy boots to school, but along with my rock t-shirts and gauged ears. Lol

I hear ya! I have my phases of being completely 100% into working out and then something in my life changes and bam! I put all the weight back on. This last life change was my pregnancy with my son. My weight got out of control and now that he's over a year old, I really need to lose that "baby weight".

I'm glad you are going to join us though! The more, the merrier!! Do you have a plan of what you want to do and when you will start?

-duo maxwell-