Unread 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #16
tehravingalice

me and my room mates are starting turbo fire O:
we are starting the 26th
tehravingalice is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

This makes me SOO happy!! Another Turbo Fire friend!! =D I can't wait to hear what you think about it! So far, Fire 30 is my favorite! But today is day 7 so I have MANY more routines to learn!

| edward elric [fullmetal alchemist] 0% | duo maxwell [gundam wing] 50% |
| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| princess ariel's pink gown [the little mermaid] (planning) |
| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
nevershutsupkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
nikkiolie

I did squats on Saturday. I put as much weight on the bar so I could do just one squat. I was able to do one at 185 lbs. My goal is to get to 200 by the end of Jan and my ultimate goal is to get to 260 which is about double my weight.

I did cardio for 45 minutes today with my heart rate at 160-170 the whole time. I did 30 minutes yesterday with a little bit of weights. I think I am going to do a bit more weights tonight and probably use my little pedal bike after dinner while watching a movie.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #19
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Wow!! Get it Nikkiolie!!! I can't imagine doing squats with weights! I highly enjoy squats but I'm too scared to try that! But that sounds great!! Keep it up and I know you will get to your goals!! I have been thinking about getting a treadmill so I can run while watching a movie too!! Sounds like a great way to distract yourself from the pain of the exercise!!

I have been looking into the Warrior Dash that will be in Bonney Lake in July and the Spartan Run (near Oregon) in Aug so I will probably start training for that in mid Feb. I'm waiting for the husband to come home so we can work out together. =) My goal for 2013 is to run in either or both of those runs!

| barbara gordon: batgirl [new 52] 0% | chandra nalaar [magic the gathering] 10% |

| sir alanna of pirate's swoop and olau [the song of the lioness series] (planning) |

"you should let yourself go over the edge every once in a while & enjoy your life"
-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #20
nikkiolie

I strongly recommend squats. They are one of the best full body resistance training you can do. You can start out with just your own body weight till that becomes easy then slowly add more and more weight. You will find that you are able to lift quite a bit. If you can't do your full body weight just yet try not going as low. But they work just about everything, if you get the bar on your shoulders involved it also works your shoulders and core more.

I got my treadmill from k-mart for $80. Its a manual treadmill so its a bit harder since you need to use more energy to keep the belt running. I find it very difficult to actually run on it, but just walking keeps my heart rate up and it is a great workout for the cold months. K-mart also has this little bike thing that is just the pedals for about $25 and you can use it in any chair. I also recommend that. This is the one I have
http://www.miniexercisebike.com/images/TubeFrame.jpg

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #21
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Apparently my husband has been doing squats with weights the past few weeks and he told me I should try it too. Lol. Of course, he apparently wasn't using good form because this morning when I got on Skype with him, he was using a heating pad because his back was having spasms. >< I told him to make sure he works out with a buddy next time so they can correct anything that he is doing wrong.

I love that bike thing you have!! I am going to look into that right now! And I had no idea treadmills could come that cheap. I didn't know they came in manuals (sounds like a better workout to me anyways!)! This is all pretty exciting!

While I was reading your comment, I did remember that at one point, I was doing crossfit and we had these heavy bars to put over our shoulders while we did our squats. I found that I would go into a deeper movement with the bar because of the weight. =)

-duo maxwell-
Unread 12-31-2012, 01:46 AM   #22
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

HEY! I just wanted to check in on everyone!! =D

tehravingalice, were you able to start your Turbo Fire???

Anyone have any accomplishments they want to share?! This is a great way to stay motivated and it can help motivate others!

I'll share. Today I got to go to the store and buy a size smaller in yoga pants because the pairs I own are too big for me now! =D

I hope everyone has a GREAT New Years and I can't wait to hear what yall do for the new year!!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #23
DowagerAtWork

Hey, I want to see more posts from you guys. You'd better not be slacking!

I've been working out very sporadically over the last year (physical ailments, which I won't use as an excuse anymore), and am working on things once again. Soon I plan to start 30 Day Shred, so I'm in the "achieve x in x days" boat, too.

Post progress people, come on!
DowagerAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #24
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

DowagerAtWork, my bad! I'll make sure to be posting more on here then! =) I am currently doing the 30 Day Shred in the morning and Jillian is kicking my ass. I'm on level 2 right now. When do you plan to start the program?

My workout routine lately has been: 30 Day Shred in the morning, random workout DVD if I can in the afternoon if my son goes down for a decent nap and Turbo Fire at night.

This is my third week of working out like this and I can see the difference in my body already. The scale hasn't changed much at all, but I'm not surprised since I can see the muscles that I am building.

I have also changed my diet and cut out most of the sugar I have been eating (I have a horrible sweet tooth). I don't drink soda anyways so that wasn't something I needed to cut out. But I have been avoiding the overload of carbs when I can. I don't eat my veggie burgers on a bun and such. I do still make sure I get some carbs since I am working out a lot...

How is everyone else doing? Everyone get a good start on the 1st?

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
DowagerAtWork

nevershutsupkat, I'm glad to hear you're still working out! Usually when I stop hearing updates from people (in real life, though) it means they've given up on things. Hope I didn't sound too demanding! You sound like you're making real progress, and with a kid at home, too.

I'm hoping to start 30 Day Shred in two weeks. I'm definitely out of shape, and want to make sure I'm at least a little more able before I start something so demanding. But I can already tell this is going to be a much more productive year.

Hope to hear more from you guys, I love hearing about progress like this. If cosplay fans can only bring one tenth of the enthusiasm to healthy living as they do to cosplay and anime, we'll all live to be a hundred.
DowagerAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #26
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

No no, you didn't sound demanding at all! I was laughing when I read your comment because I was just telling my husband that I didn't want to "spam" the thread with my updates.

Last night was a hard night for me. The little devil on my shoulder was pretty naggy in my ear and it almost got me to go to bed without working out, but I flicked her away and I pushed play. Thank goodness..

I have some major cosplaying plans for this year and I'm getting pretty impatient already. Hell, it's only been three weeks. I need to cool my heels and WAIT! >< Whew, this is gonna be hard.

The last few times I have tried to work out (like, last Jan 1st!) I get a good start and then quit shortly after. I am determined to get into shape again. I am embarrassed to go back to my old work place and have all my old friends see me. Plus, I bought my ticket for the Spartan Race in Aug so I HAVE to train and work out for this or I will end up quitting in the middle of the race and I am NOT a quitter when other's are around me (I'm highly motivated when there are other people watching).

I can't wait to hear how you are doing to do with your 30 Day Shred work out. Jillian beats me every morning when I wake up to do it. But, I feel good afterwards and I have the energy to tackle the day.

What is your motivation to get into shape? Mine is this dress I bought for my husband's coming home ceremony and in March, I want to cosplay as Batgirl and as I was telling a friend, no one likes an overweight superhero. Lol!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #27
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

Hey guys! I just wanted to check in with yall! Are yall staying motivated? I know I am fighting with the inner demons myself right now. I think I started to over do it a little bit and I had to stop in the middle of my work out last night because I was nearly in tears because of pain in my feet, ankles and knees. I can honestly say I have NEVER had pain in those areas before so I pushed myself as hard and far as I could before I finally had to stop. I'm planning to work out again tonight, but I'm going to make sure I take a tylenol before hand.

I also did a picture update for myself and although I can see some changes, I'm not too pleased. I'm a pretty impatient person and I KNOW better than to expect miracles in just 3 weeks >< but it kinda hit my self esteem a little bit nevertheless.

So.. that's why I'm here checking up on yall!! I don't want yall quitting and getting discouraged! I know by tomorrow morning, I'll be back to my happy self. (Sorry about the rant, I didn't mean to type so much, but I needed it off my chest.)

Let me know how everything's going everyone! I'm rooting for each and every one of yall!!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #28
tehravingalice

I have lost about 5 pounds since starting turbo fire im taking a break for a couple days anime los angeles killed my arms and legs from being in the pool for 7 hours strait mermaiding takes alot out of a person
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #29
nevershutsupkat
the morbid optimist

!!! tehravingalice!!! That's GREAT! And HOLY COW!! Talk about some great exercise with the swimming!!! I hope you had a great weekend and I'm glad to hear that you are doing Turbo Fire now!! =D I hope you are loving it as much as I am!!

I love your mermaid tail by the way!!!

-duo maxwell-
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #30
tehravingalice

so much pain! D: my arms and my ankles