Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #16
cloudburst
captain ☼ bishonen

Oh gosh, I am so stoked for SJ! +A+ can't wait to see you T&B folks either.

Tentative lineup for me is as follows:
- Madoka Kaname [Puella Magi Madoka Magica]
- Masato Hijirikawa [Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%]
- Sasha Braus [Shingeki no Kyoujin/Attack on Titan]

and a mystery fourth!

Four new cosplays in two months... I may die.

! Takuto (Star Driver) ! Rei Ryugazaki (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) ! Masato (Uta no Prince-sama) !
! Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney) ! Sasha Braus (Shingeki no Kyojin) ! Thoth (Kamigami no Asobi) !
Next cons: Animefest '14, Anime North Texas, Aselia Con 3
cloudburst is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #17
ThornQueen

AAAAAAAAH. I can't wait to see your Sasha costume. FFFF. I'm addicted to SnK.

Also, my first San Japan.
I"ll be taking Heartseeker Vayne (League of Legends) for sure, and Merry Brandybuck (LotR).
My other costume is a toss up between Hero TV Staff, or maybe my Rin or one of my other costumes. /flops
Jean Kirschtein (SnK) - 100%
Reverse!Annie (League of Legends) - ... perpetually in progress. ;A;
Mara Jade (Star Wars EU) - 50%
Hanji Zoe (SnK) - 80%

facebook | tumblr

---------------
Formerly [Rubedo]
ThornQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapplesaurus View Post
yay, that's great!
I'm so excited now! We can figure out a meeting spot when it gets closer to the end of July!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
Ohhh please do bring some T&B love! If I end up going to SJ, I will most definitely bring my Barnarby hero suit, because I had better have it done by then! I will most likely be wearing it alone, unless my friend decides to make a HeroTV staff costume to wear with me, lol, so I would love to have other T&B cosplayers to meet up with.
San Antonio is really nice (but very hot, so definitely bring/buy plenty of water to rehydrate especially in your hero suit!). I'm sorry you may not make it to AX, but it'll be awesome to see you at SJ! I would love to take pictures with you if you bring your 'Bunny-chan' hero suit! You certainly won't be alone-- we'll have to have a T&B meet up if you like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudburst View Post
I hope our entire group will have their cosplays done in time. My brother and I will have our Kotetsu and Antonio done for sure. And-- oh gosh!!!! I'm so looking forward to seeing your Sasha cosplay (or spotting you at the con)! That makes me want to finish my Mikasa in time for the con now ;A; (all I need is to finish making the 3D gear).

Good luck with the cosplay outfits you're making!!
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #19
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornQueen View Post
My other costume is a toss up between Hero TV Staff, or maybe my Rin or one of my other costumes. /flops
If you happen to do a Hero TV Staffer, that would be amazing!
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #20
cloudburst
captain ☼ bishonen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornQueen View Post
AAAAAAAAH. I can't wait to see your Sasha costume. FFFF. I'm addicted to SnK.
Thanks! I am too, which is why I'm super stoked for this one~ I'm going to eat my weight in bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsky View Post
Oh yes, definitely! Especially if it's Cain... what I wouldn't give for a pervy afro man with a goatee xD

Ahh you guys are all going to be so fabulous!

! Takuto (Star Driver) ! Rei Ryugazaki (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) ! Masato (Uta no Prince-sama) !
! Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney) ! Sasha Braus (Shingeki no Kyojin) ! Thoth (Kamigami no Asobi) !
Unread 06-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #21
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Yessss encourage her, encourage her!! She looks quite a bit like Mary Rose (she has the hair and glasses already)(oh my gosh, her bangs even part on the right! LOL), and I will need a handler anyway...

Quote:
San Antonio is really nice (but very hot, so definitely bring/buy plenty of water to rehydrate especially in your hero suit!). I'm sorry you may not make it to AX, but it'll be awesome to see you at SJ! I would love to take pictures with you if you bring your 'Bunny-chan' hero suit! You certainly won't be alone-- we'll have to have a T&B meet up if you like!
It's official now that we're not going to AX (bummer!) which means SJ is a go (yay!). I'm not looking forward to wearing Bunny in the Texas summer, especially further south, lol. But I don't plan to leave the A/C and will be constantly drinking water! Provided I get the costume done in time, I would like to enter it into the cosplay contest. But yes please, I would looove to have a meetup! There were so very few T&B cosplays at A-Kon. I was so disappointed, lol. T_T

Quote:
I hope our entire group will have their cosplays done in time. My brother and I will have our Kotetsu and Antonio done for sure.
Excellent~! I haven't gotten to see an Antonio yet. <3 How exciting!

Quote:

Tentative lineup for me is as follows:

Four new cosplays in two months... I may die.
Also rooting for Sasha!! ThornQueen and I have seriously gotten addicted to SnK...it's bad...I may need rehab. And a costume from it. But please don't kill yourself making 4 new costumes in two months. It's not worth making yourself that stressed before the convention, believe me. x_x ThornQueen and I just did that to ourselves with A-Kon. T'was not a fun time. Good luck!

--

Oh, and since our roommate is bringing Frodo, if I have time, I'll be bringing my Pippin to wear with her and ThornQueen's Merry. I'm hoping we can wear them on Sunday.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
bethanybunny

Ahh I can't wait to go this year c: I've never really cosplayed something seriously/challenging but I'm going as the dragonborn/dovahkiin (iron armor) from Skyrim ~ I'm just going Saturday though but hopefully it will be fun :3
bethanybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #23
Fullmetal Nikku

Hey all! I just got everything in order for this year's San Japan and could not be more excited. This will be my second San Japan, my first being last year's. This year, however, I'll be going on my own as my usual convention partner is unable to attend.

So! I need roommates! I have a room at the Hyatt booked with double beds and if I can find three people to split it with the cost will be $70 per person for the whole weekend, Friday to Sunday morning.

Shoot me a message for the particulars!
Unread 06-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #24
pandapplesaurus
Magical Girl

Quote:
I'm so excited now! We can figure out a meeting spot when it gets closer to the end of July!
For sure! Will you be in the Seirin jersey or the school uniform?

Quote:
- Masato Hijirikawa [Uta no Prince-sama: Maji Love 2000%]
Aw man! I was planning to go as Otoya, but I changed my mind a few days ago. Still, I'd love to see some Utapri cosplayers! And I'm also looking forward to seeing some snk cosplays! I had trouble deciding whether or not to try to cosplay Rivaille, but alas, the 3D gear is too hard for me!

In saying that, I'm changing my line up to
-Tetsuya Kuroko (Kuroko's no Basuke)
-Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
-Madoka Kaname (Madoka Magica)

I just gotta find a corset I can alter for Elizabeth and a choker and I'll be set!
pandapplesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #25
Penguin_Empress

Can anyone tell me the overall age of the crowd at San Japan? I felt really old at A-kon (I'm only twenty-four, but nobody looked a day over 20). I loved Ikkicon b/c the crowd was a little older. Anyone know the age crowd of San Japan?

Zim: Oh, you'll open them. You have to breath sometime.

Dib: No, I - Wait... What do eyes have to do with breathing?
Penguin_Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #26
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin_Empress View Post
Can anyone tell me the overall age of the crowd at San Japan? I felt really old at A-kon (I'm only twenty-four, but nobody looked a day over 20). I loved Ikkicon b/c the crowd was a little older. Anyone know the age crowd of San Japan?
Don't worry, Penguin! I'm twenty-eight~ so you won't be alone in the over 20's age range. Most of my group is also between 23-28 too (there's about six of us). From what I noticed every time I went to take my brother lunches when he was a volunteer for SJ in it's first 4 years is that the age range is really diverse and everyone (most that I ran into) are sweet hearts no matter the age. I'd probably place the average between 17 - mid 20's.
Unread 06-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #27
highsky

Quote:
For sure! Will you be in the Seirin jersey or the school uniform?
I'll be in the Seirin jersey (white version). I was just thinking today that I might find a way to bring a hoop prop just for kicks and giggles. Which will you be in?

Quote:
Yessss encourage her, encourage her!! She looks quite a bit like Mary Rose (she has the hair and glasses already)(oh my gosh, her bangs even part on the right! LOL), and I will need a handler anyway...

It's official now that we're not going to AX (bummer!) which means SJ is a go (yay!). I'm not looking forward to wearing Bunny in the Texas summer, especially further south, lol. But I don't plan to leave the A/C and will be constantly drinking water! Provided I get the costume done in time, I would like to enter it into the cosplay contest. But yes please, I would looove to have a meetup! There were so very few T&B cosplays at A-Kon. I was so disappointed, lol. T_T
ThornQueen, do consider being Mary Rose! /silently chants- Do it, Do it!/

I'm sorry you guys won't be going to AX now, but hopefully this will be lots of fun! I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you and seeing your Bunny hero suit! It's inspired me to try and get back to making Wild Tiger's hero suit (although I might not have time to do what I'd like such as putting LEDs and such). If you enter the contest, you'll definitely have my group and I literally cheering you on! We can figure out a meeting day sometime soon if you (and possibly ThornQueen) would like!
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #28
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
I loved Ikkicon b/c the crowd was a little older.
Ohh, I didn't know that about Ikkicon! That really makes me want to try and make it to Ikki now...

Quote:
ThornQueen, do consider being Mary Rose! /silently chants- Do it, Do it!/
Hahaha yes yes yesss! \:D/ Although I think it's official that she's also entering the cosplay contest as well (with her Vayne), soooo perhaps no Mary Rose for San Japan, but someday. SOMEDAY.

Quote:
I'm sorry you guys won't be going to AX now, but hopefully this will be lots of fun! I'm really looking forward to meeting up with you and seeing your Bunny hero suit! It's inspired me to try and get back to making Wild Tiger's hero suit (although I might not have time to do what I'd like such as putting LEDs and such). If you enter the contest, you'll definitely have my group and I literally cheering you on! We can figure out a meeting day sometime soon if you (and possibly ThornQueen) would like!
Awww, thank you so much for the support!! I am positive SJ will be a lot of fun. Do you mean to say that you've been working on Wild Tiger's suit and might try to bring it to SJ...? :O I would just die! SJ seems like an ambitious deadline though, so I don't know if that's what you were implying, haha. Regardless, I look forward to meeting you, too! You seem like a nice person. As for which day to do the meetup - personally, my only day to join in on it would be Saturday since I'll be wearing Barnaby for the contest, but if Friday worked out better for everyone else, I would still make an effort to check it out (even though I'd be in a different costume). If we did it on Saturday, I would only be available between pre-judging and the time I had to show up for the show, which I don't know yet what time that would be. I assume my window would be between noon and probably 4pm or something like that. We don't have to plan it around me, of course! And obviously we don't have to decide the day/time right away either. Just giving you all the info I know about my personal availability.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 06-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #29
cloudburst
captain ☼ bishonen

Quote:

Also rooting for Sasha!! ThornQueen and I have seriously gotten addicted to SnK...it's bad...I may need rehab. And a costume from it. But please don't kill yourself making 4 new costumes in two months. It's not worth making yourself that stressed before the convention, believe me. x_x ThornQueen and I just did that to ourselves with A-Kon. T'was not a fun time. Good luck!
Don't worry, I did far worse for A-kon this year. I had to help my friend with three, on top of two of my own, from late April until A-kon. Thankfully I only ha to make a pleated skirt for one and paint a shirt for one, but the others were pants/shirts, vests, modifications, other random things, shoes... I'm actually halfway done with one already, oops.

But I'm glad to hear the excitement for Sasha! I plan on tracking down every SnK person I can find for a hug or two.

And maybe not this year for Mary Rose, but someday I would just love to see that +A+

Quote:
Aw man! I was planning to go as Otoya, but I changed my mind a few days ago. Still, I'd love to see some Utapri cosplayers! And I'm also looking forward to seeing some snk cosplays! I had trouble deciding whether or not to try to cosplay Rivaille, but alas, the 3D gear is too hard for me!
I hear there's gonna be a bit of a group of Utapri folks, or at least through some I've talked with XD Bummer you won't be Otoya with us but your lineup looks pretty sweet already~

Quote:
I think SJ has one of the largest age ranges I've seen. I'm twenty-four too and I think a lot of us people I met in college and high school are going, along with some younger siblings, and random parents XD

Unread 06-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #30
highsky

Quote:
Hahaha yes yes yesss! \:D/ Although I think it's official that she's also entering the cosplay contest as well (with her Vayne), soooo perhaps no Mary Rose for San Japan, but someday. SOMEDAY.

Awww, thank you so much for the support!! I am positive SJ will be a lot of fun. Do you mean to say that you've been working on Wild Tiger's suit and might try to bring it to SJ...? :O I would just die! SJ seems like an ambitious deadline though, so I don't know if that's what you were implying, haha. Regardless, I look forward to meeting you, too! You seem like a nice person. As for which day to do the meetup - personally, my only day to join in on it would be Saturday since I'll be wearing Barnaby for the contest, but if Friday worked out better for everyone else, I would still make an effort to check it out (even though I'd be in a different costume). If we did it on Saturday, I would only be available between pre-judging and the time I had to show up for the show, which I don't know yet what time that would be. I assume my window would be between noon and probably 4pm or something like that. We don't have to plan it around me, of course! And obviously we don't have to decide the day/time right away either. Just giving you all the info I know about my personal availability.
I'll be rooting for you and Thorn in the contest!! I hope you guys both place! Someday Mary Rose should happen ^v^

I've been working on Wild Tiger's suit on and off, but stopped since my brother and I decided not to enter the World Cosplay Summit this year. He doesn't have enough to finish his suit and the two of us want to show all our friends around since some of them visit rarely or are in the military ;x; and stationed far from us. I'll try my best to finish my Wild Tiger suit now though! I'll just have to add the LEDs and flip helmet some other year down the line. Plus, my bestie's boyfriend is cosplaying as Kotetsu in his civvies to her Karina so I figure Wild Tiger was my first choice for our group and I'll plow through it! If anything, I already have one cosplay done (Kuroko no Basuke) and my major dream one, Utena, isn't too difficult. If anything, I have Kotetsu's civvies as a backup~!

Saturday sounds great! I can ask my group later this month, but more than likely I'm sure it'll be a great day. We can def work out a time and it wouldn't be any trouble to work around what's best available for you. If anything, myself and my Karina (bestie) and her boyfriend will just be hanging around with no real set plans.