Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-12-2013, 04:51 AM   #91
Entrekin
Bentpic5

I think I only had very very few people say no. Mostly because they were in a rush for something (Panel, costume judging, etc). With at least an excuse, it didn't seem like much of a big deal. I understand timing and schedules. A nice thing I have people do instead of saying no is say not right now but later. "Oh we are actually about to eat / I am heading back to the room to freshen up and relax if you could catch me later then I would love to pose for a picture"

Message me for Photoshoot scheduling and information for any con I am attending.
Upcoming 2014 Schedule: Katsucon - Momocon - Seishuncon - Dragon*Con - AWA
Entrekin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #92
Tak-kun
King of the Shotacon!

I've yet to turn down someone asking for a picture. I guess they're already pretty attentive to when they should ask. I never had people ask for a photo when my arms were full of dealer room scores while I'm walking to my car, thankfully. Then again, I'm also a photo whore, soo.. xD;;

When I ask for a picture, I always try to gauge the person I'm asking. Are they moving quickly, as if they're late? Are they carrying a bunch of stuff? Are they busy talking to someone? I won't even ask and put someone in that situation if they are.

Ken Amada Dark Hour uniform - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Kyo Sohma Winter school uniform - Fruits Basket

Honey-senpai Ouran school uniform - Ouran Highschool Host Club

Future Cosplays:

Sora - KH2

Roxas - KH2

Len Kagamine Append - Vocaloid

My Life In a Nutshell
Tak-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #93
Poody
All Rise!

This happens to me sometimes, especially in a place with large crowds. Or any time that I wore a mascot. At one point, you just HAVE to walk away and ignore everyone. Sometimes I've been Disney characters and had to walk away from families after awhile. Sometimes it sucks, but sometimes you need to survive!

..............-NYAH!
My Facebook, yo!
Poody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #94
magnum-desu

I've had to. I help my friend at her Artist Alley table, so at the beginning and end of each con we have to lug a bunch of stuff from her car/the hotel room to the table. This year we had something like one trunk the size of a bathtub, two suitcases, a bunch of PVC pipes and other structural materials, etc. I'd also taken off parts of my costume (gloves, so I could have a better grip on what I was carrying). We were also running late. So it was a bad time, in multiple ways.

I got asked for a lot of pictures while carrying stuff over, so I just apologized profusely and let them know what table we'd be at. Since everyone comes by the AA anyways, it worked out.
magnum-desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:41 PM   #95
Cannibal-peach
Fear me FOR I AM MOMO

Personally I've never said no aside from the one time my friend was walking away from me and I would have lost her if I hadn't run to catch up.

But I also have a question. I happened to be at Katsucon this weekend and me and a friend were cosplaying Stocking and Scanty. We were just talking near a balcony with a sitting room behind us. A few people were inside the sitting room and apparently one of the guys on the floor was filming me and my friend for a good 5 min. A man came up and told us but as he was doing so the guy filming us booked.
What would you guys do in that situation? I thought it was fairly harmless even if it was creepy and rude.
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #96
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal-peach View Post
Personally I've never said no aside from the one time my friend was walking away from me and I would have lost her if I hadn't run to catch up.

But I also have a question. I happened to be at Katsucon this weekend and me and a friend were cosplaying Stocking and Scanty. We were just talking near a balcony with a sitting room behind us. A few people were inside the sitting room and apparently one of the guys on the floor was filming me and my friend for a good 5 min. A man came up and told us but as he was doing so the guy filming us booked.
What would you guys do in that situation? I thought it was fairly harmless even if it was creepy and rude.
Definitely sounds creepy..I do wonder what was the point of recording you two thought if you were just talking with each other. But as for my opinion: It is a means to tell them to politely stop recording, and report them. Even in cosplay, recording someone that long and without asking is rude. I understand that people have the right to record/photograph people but what the stranger did with you and your friend is what I'd called invasive. I do have to give the man props for telling you guys about that creep.
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #97
glassbutterfly

the only time i said no was when i was in line to see a in con concert. it wasn't so much about me missing my spot in the line, but i thought it would be sort of rude to others to hold up the line on this person's behalf.

on the flip side. ive seen people who are actually patient enough to wait for you to finish what you're doing before requesting a photo. one time me and my friend were in line (again lol) trying to get some promotional free stuff. and after we finish this person asked for a moment to snap a pic. he said it was worth the wait cuz he rarely see char from the series i was dressed as. i was kinda confused at first but then he mentioned hes been waiting for us to finish and didnt want to be rude.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #98
Ilafatyu
That guy

Wait, I think I have declined a photo before. I was walking toward the car that was coming to pick me up, with myself and my two partners asking and making sure that we had everything, and in the background I hear people calling my (character's) name. I felt kind of bad ignoring them, but since nobody came up to me and asked, I didn't really feel bad about walking away.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 75%
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote