Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
sandwrrm

Mesh contacts - can you really see through them?

I cosplay Neji, but up until now, I've just worn the costume/wig and left my eyes normal. I want to upgrade my costume by getting byakugan-looking contacts, though, and I can't decide what the best option would be. I don't really like the look of normal 'white out' lenses that just cover the iris, but for a while the only solution I knew of were those cataract lenses you can't see out of. Recently, though, I discovered 'mesh' contacts that supposedly make your pupil look covered, but allow vision thanks to little tiny holes in them (example: )

http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...enses-pair.cfm

Before I buy them, I REALLY want to know if it's true that you can see out of them, and if so, how well? I'd be wearing them to a con with lots of crowds and walking and stuff, so a little vision impairment would be okay, but if they'd hinder me too much or make it dangerous to walk around, I'd rather just go without or go with the sorta ugly, white-out ones. Does anybody have input or advice?
sandwrrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #2
Tigersoul

I have this exact pair. (same retailer even) and they're wonderful, not to mention they feel softer on the eye than a lot of contacts I've used.

Visibility... it's like your walking through fog. You can see pretty well (though the darker it gets the better you see and conversely the brighter it is the harder it is to see) I wouldn't recommend them if your going to be doing anything delicate, but for just normal con-going I think they'd be fine, just expect your distance vision to suffer a bit (like I said, its almost like going through fog)

"The bad news is he ended up building the whole rock tower... the good news *gulp* I have a rock tower to knock down..." - Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony: Fiendship is Magic (S03E09)
Tigersoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
sandwrrm

Thank you so much! I will definitely be getting them now.
sandwrrm is offline   Reply With Quote