Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 01-12-2013, 01:55 AM   #1
Pink Princess

Galleries page for other people to click

Hi, please could cosplay bring back the page called Galleries on the right hand side, so when people search for your costume and click your costume Icon, they can click galleries like it used to be. I have all my costumes seperate under each gallery costume name, though when you click my costume Icons it only shows a few photos which are the first ones I put up for the the making of my costume only and not the finished thing, the only people can see my other photos is to click my I.D name and click photos which off course takes you through all 2000 odd photos I have off all my costumes. I keep telling people to go to my Galleries to click the relevant folder for that particular costume only, but I have only figured out of course they can't any more. I can do it personally from my own page after log in and go to album administration.
But just clicking costumes on the right hand side will only only show a few photos for people to see annd is not the whole load of cosutme photos you have for that particular dress.

Please will cosplay admin listen.

Thanks from
Tracy
pink princess
Pink Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Presently, the best way to separate costumes is by having a Costume entry for it. The Gallery feature doesn't appear to be functional at least not at the present time. We're sorry for the inconvenience - I think the reason it might not be there anymore is because having a costume listing and a gallery for the same costume may have been redundant.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Princess Garnet (coronation gown) from FFIX, Edea Lee (various costmes) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Pink Princess

Can they bring it by please, I'm confused enough. It was way easier before when I could reply to peoples comments, click my Galleries on the right hand side of the page and you can see all my costumes in there relevant folders by costume/folder name, then click the costume you are interested in and it will come up with all photos for that costume starting from the first ones you put on the the last.
At the moment I just put my Belle costume, though when you click my costume icon ( which isn't showing for some reason it just shows a question mark, even though it said it had been successfully loaded). Anyway after you click me in the box it shows my earlier photos I put on which are tutorial photos and not of me in the dress, and it only shows a few photos.

Can cosplay please please bring the Gallery option back so people don't have to search through hundred of my photos page by page just to find the photos of my particular costume they want to see.
Pink Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

While I'm not having any real problems with my pictures/costumes like Pink Princess, I do agree with her, I would love for the galleries to come back.

I know things are still in the works right now, and things will probably be better once everything is finally done. But as it stands right now, it's nearly impossible to get to people's pictures, even getting to the costume list you have to go through like 3 different pages just for a link to pop up, it's rather retarded atm.

I loved having the galleries, and I think they're a lot more useful than just a costume list, like for example for me, I have about 15 different Sailor Moon costumes, and I'd like to be able to have a gallery for my 4 different Usagi outfits, 7 different senshi fukus, and 4 different serenity dresses ... that way they're all grouped together, and you would only have to click one thing to see them all, versus having to go through and open each individual costume gallery. Not everyone gives each costume it's own gallery, and what about things that aren't completed costumes? Like commissions you do, or wigs you style, or works in progress, or convention pictures for photographers ... if we don't have galleries for those things, someone would have to either sift through ALL of our photos (which for some of us is A LOT), or just never see it.

Please, for the love of all that is holy ... bring back the galleries, lol.

Upcoming Conventions

AnimeFEST
Friday: ChiChi (Dragonball Z) Saturday: Nico Robin (One Piece)
Sunday: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

DCC - Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop)
Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
cactusmomma
Let's play!

I am humbly requesting their return as well. With having taken so many con photos in the past 10 years, it is an absolute =pain= trying to get through 99 pages of photos just to find one shot that the search engine isn't picking up. Please and thank you?
The thing about glitter is, if you get on you, be prepared to have it on you forever..cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies..like 'Damn, here comes the sun. flare up!' -Dimitri Martin
cactusmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
MaryRyanBogard
A misfit among misfits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
While I'm not having any real problems with my pictures/costumes like Pink Princess, I do agree with her, I would love for the galleries to come back.

I know things are still in the works right now, and things will probably be better once everything is finally done. But as it stands right now, it's nearly impossible to get to people's pictures, even getting to the costume list you have to go through like 3 different pages just for a link to pop up, it's rather retarded atm.

I loved having the galleries, and I think they're a lot more useful than just a costume list, like for example for me, I have about 15 different Sailor Moon costumes, and I'd like to be able to have a gallery for my 4 different Usagi outfits, 7 different senshi fukus, and 4 different serenity dresses ... that way they're all grouped together, and you would only have to click one thing to see them all, versus having to go through and open each individual costume gallery. Not everyone gives each costume it's own gallery, and what about things that aren't completed costumes? Like commissions you do, or wigs you style, or works in progress, or convention pictures for photographers ... if we don't have galleries for those things, someone would have to either sift through ALL of our photos (which for some of us is A LOT), or just never see it.

Please, for the love of all that is holy ... bring back the galleries, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Princess View Post
Can they bring it by please, I'm confused enough. It was way easier before when I could reply to peoples comments, click my Galleries on the right hand side of the page and you can see all my costumes in there relevant folders by costume/folder name, then click the costume you are interested in and it will come up with all photos for that costume starting from the first ones you put on the the last.
At the moment I just put my Belle costume, though when you click my costume icon ( which isn't showing for some reason it just shows a question mark, even though it said it had been successfully loaded). Anyway after you click me in the box it shows my earlier photos I put on which are tutorial photos and not of me in the dress, and it only shows a few photos.

Can cosplay please please bring the Gallery option back so people don't have to search through hundred of my photos page by page just to find the photos of my particular costume they want to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
I am humbly requesting their return as well. With having taken so many con photos in the past 10 years, it is an absolute =pain= trying to get through 99 pages of photos just to find one shot that the search engine isn't picking up. Please and thank you?
These, a thousand times these.

Ginny Weasley and the Midnight Magic Party- the closest thing to a website I have right now.
MaryRyanBogard is offline   Reply With Quote