Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Kingdom Hearts

Unread 03-22-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

Epic Idea!! KH in Disnyland!

OKay i know im not the first to think of this but its still a bad ass idea! the plan would be to get all the Kingdom Hearts Characters ( cosplay) and go re an-act their adventures in Disneyland!!! that would be the most epic thing and then record i for everyone to see!! i just love this idea! it would be funny thought to get in and the weapons couldn't get it but still the still with some photoshop it could work! so what do you guys think?

Current Cosplay:
Sora from kingdom hearts 2 Celty from Durarara Kuro from blue exorcist
Otoya ittoki from Uta no prince sama yoruichi from bleach then i got some in the works

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto
Kitsunebi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

I guess this was a bad idea...

Current Cosplay:
Otoya ittoki from Uta no prince sama yoruichi from bleach then i got some in the works

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Aurora's Heart

I wouldn't say it's a bad idea, it's just Disney is weird about adults (anyone over 9 yrs old) in costume. I'd say wait untill Halloween and see if you could get intrest in a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Kingdom Hearts group. You might even be able to get people interested by making it Halloween Town themed. (also it's been my experience that not many Kingdom Hearts fans like to admit they like Disney. I've even heard a few say they wanted to see more original characters than Disney ones when the 3rd game comes out) I think it's a cool idea, but I'm kinda stuck in the Rocky Mountains. Maybe hit up the Seeking Cosplayers thread and see if you can find a Cali KH group and see what they think. Don't give up, you just gotta try a couple of times. Heck I have a hard time not finding Kairi haters, but they're a dime a dozen where I live so what are ya gonna do.
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #4
Seraphy
Nagare~

I believe that Disney doesn't allow people to dress up within the park due to confusing the guests as to whether or not you're an employee. You may be able to get certain KH costumes through, but chances are, the majority of them will be noticeable and asked to be changed.
Seraphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:17 PM   #5
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

What Seraphy said, sadly. They'll even turn lolitas away because they look too princess-y/costume-y, so imagine trying to get through the gate in a full-on character costume, haha. I hear they kind of drop this rule (barring probably mascots/obviously official looking characters) for the Halloween event, but you'll have to keep asking around about that.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #6
Aurora's Heart

The Halloween event does allow costumes for all ages and they do allow pics as long as you do not sign autographs or pretend to be the actuall character. I have seen pics in the galleries on here of KH cosplayers in Disney for Mickey's Not So Scray Halloween Party. They even got pics with Mickey and gang. I would look up Sora cosplayers and see if you can find the pics then pm them to get some info. No props would be allowed and the Orginization XIII coats might need to be double checked as they may have a negative conotation with some people. Basically anything that wouldn't have the chance of scaring young children would be fine. Just give them a ring at the park and talk with them. I'm sure they would be more than willing to answer your questions.
Unread 03-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
Heartless Grits

I went as Christmas Town Sora two years ago for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween at Disney World and carried my Kingdom keyblade around and they were fine with it. And I was a 22 year old guy then too. It sometimes becomes a hassle having to find room on a ride for your keyblade though. The only thing Disney does not allow is that you allow guests to take photos with you and you cannot do character autograph signings. It'll be "off with your head" if you do that.
Heartless Grits is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:47 PM   #8
lelia12
Master Procrastinator

I think it sounds like fun but like Aurora's Heart I am really far away, the middle of the great plains in fact. But I wish you lots of luck.
lelia12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
Reiko_Mikashima
Tophat X Belt

Sadly true, I'm also fairly far away. But i mean, they should allow them to have like badges saying like NOT AN EMPLOYEE badges or something.. cause seriously, Disney co-owns KH..
Sailor Mars - Sailor Moon
---------------------------------

Anime Milwaukee 2012
No Brand CON 2012
Reiko_Mikashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
silver yami

Square-Enix owns Kingdom Hearts. Disney owns the disney characters and are associated with them.

Disney does not have a problem with people who cosplay as Sora, and Kairi. They will think you are cast member anyway. Riku I am not sure. If you have are an organization outfit with the cloak then you are kisisng disneyland good bye. The cloaks are too scary among younger kids and it is a problem for security. If you just have the hair and dress casual I am sure they wouldln't mind at all. I had a friend who was an Axel and they had to change before they came into the park. An Roxas cosplayer seem fine.

I don't know if some people cosplayed in Downtown disney though without getting yelled at.
silver yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
Wren
Please...try harder.

As per the rules of Disneyland, no one is allowed in costume over the age of 7 I believe.

But hope is not lost, the past couple of years their Halloween event where guests of all ages can dress up to a seperate admision event into the park has moved to Disneyland, and on those nights, you can dress up as KH, which several members around her have.

2013 Cosplay Plans(Tentative)
[Marvel vs Capcom 3/Resident Evil 5] Wesker
[DC Comics] Kyle Rainer - Green Lantern
[Marvel Comics] Dr. Strange
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
silver yami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
As per the rules of Disneyland, no one is allowed in costume over the age of 7 I believe.

But hope is not lost, the past couple of years their Halloween event where guests of all ages can dress up to a seperate admision event into the park has moved to Disneyland, and on those nights, you can dress up as KH, which several members around her have.
Hmmm... What about cloaked organization members?
silver yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 11:07 AM   #13
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

Well it turns out that I'm going back to Cali in august and going to dl so yay!

Current Cosplay:

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto
Unread 06-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #14
Wren
Please...try harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver yami View Post
Hmmm... What about cloaked organization members?
Well if you're not wearing a bright wig or anything like that and trying to pass it off as a normal trench coat it might work, but I wouldnt recommend it in California summers.

2013 Cosplay Plans(Tentative)
[Marvel vs Capcom 3/Resident Evil 5] Wesker
[DC Comics] Kyle Rainer - Green Lantern
[Marvel Comics] Dr. Strange
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
emmadictionary

Already been done. Actually, Fighting Dreams Productions went to Disneyland as Kingdom Hearts characters and were forced to change because guests were mistaking them for staff. XD
L (80% done)
Beyond Birthday (80% done)
Axel (0% done)
emmadictionary is offline   Reply With Quote