Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 05-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
SergioCosplay

Crossplaying Fang

I have close to no experience with cosplay. At the first con i went, I cosplayed as Okabe Rintarou (photo from last year) which required no effort at all.
Being someone tall, I first aimed to try my luck at Snow Villiers from Final Fantasy XIII, but it would take me years just to get that sort of physique.

I am really thin, so I thought: hey, why not crossplay? There are cool characters, are there not? So I decided to go with the other tall character from the same game:

Oerba Yun Fang

Now, I'm aware that this will be a challenge. Might take me a couple of years to get there, so I'm making this thread so I can learn from the best along the way

Things I will have to tackle to get there:
  • Physique
    Although not a male character, Fang's arms way better toned than mine, so I'll have to work out for that (still nowhere as much as I would need to get like this)
  • Hair
    I have let it grow for a while, it is still not very long (at the back it barely reaches the end of my neck) but I am betting in having it in optimal size by the time I am done with everything else. If not, oh well, I can always get a wig.
  • Costume
    This will be a pain in the wallet, literally. I will be saving money but I am counting in spending around 200€
  • Spear
    I have no skill in craftsmanship whatsoever, so I will most likely try and buy it too.
  • Curves
    Fortunately for me (hey, SOMETHING has to be on my side, right? ) Fang isn't as curvy by the hips as some other characters, and with me being already skinny, I won't have an issue there.
    Due to the nature of the outfit tucking won't be necessary, and hiding the bra will be easy.
  • Skin Care
    Well this is the toughie. I am not sure on how to conduct for this one, and that is the kind of help I am hoping this community could provide. I have no idea if I should shave my body hair just before the time I will cosplay, or if I should keep shaving from time to time. I also have no idea about skin creams and the like. The tan I might pass.
  • Accessories/Eyes
    I won't use coloured lenses, and the accessories I am confident I can make/get them myself.

I will eventually get full body photos and update pictures as I go on.
SergioCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
meb9000

Sounds good, it looks like you have a lot of things going for you coming in to this crossplay. Best of luck, and looking forward to seeing your progress! I've just started working on an Asuna from Sword Art Online crossplay myself.
meb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote