Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 01-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #46
AJ the Collector
Collector
 
AJ the Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,121
Possibly.
__________________
My next conventions and events:
Every Anime North and ConBravo ever
Fan Expo 2014
End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014
St. Catharines Murder Mysterystuck
DTAC 2014


Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Gamzee Makara {100%!} for FX14 and End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014
Equius Zahhak {99%} for St. Catharines Murder Mysterystuck and AN15
Totakeke {90%} for DTAC14
L {75%} for AN15
Sable Able {55%} for CB15



Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
~mizuki_uchiha~
Registered User
 
~mizuki_uchiha~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24
Shuttle from Indigo hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
Can you tell me more about this shuttle service? Do you just call them while at the con and they come and pick you up or do they come at specific times?
The shuttle is running from the indigo hotel to TCC and then to the Toronto airport. It runs every half an hour from 4am-2am each day. I contacted the hotel.
~mizuki_uchiha~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #48
AJ the Collector
Collector
 
AJ the Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,121
Ah, good, so plenty of opportunities to catch it throughout each day.
__________________
My next conventions and events:
Every Anime North and ConBravo ever
Fan Expo 2014
End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014
St. Catharines Murder Mysterystuck
DTAC 2014


Cosplay Projects for 2014/2015:
Gamzee Makara {100%!} for FX14 and End of Summer Homestuck Meet 2014
Equius Zahhak {99%} for St. Catharines Murder Mysterystuck and AN15
Totakeke {90%} for DTAC14
L {75%} for AN15
Sable Able {55%} for CB15



Soap may be a four-letter word, but use it anyway.
AJ the Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #49
~mizuki_uchiha~
Registered User
 
~mizuki_uchiha~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ the Collector View Post
Ah, good, so plenty of opportunities to catch it throughout each day.
Yup. Surprisingly its a service they run all year.
~mizuki_uchiha~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #50
DireKitty
Captain Kittens
 
DireKitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mizuki_uchiha~ View Post
The shuttle is running from the indigo hotel to TCC and then to the Toronto airport. It runs every half an hour from 4am-2am each day. I contacted the hotel.
Hmm, that definitely makes this a hotel worth going to then if you are forced to be in a hotel farther away from the convention.
__________________
Anime North Cosplay Photoshoots Staff
Kayle - League of Legends
Official Anime North Forums

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #51
sailormoontoria
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Has anyone stayed at the Carlingview?
sailormoontoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #52
zepson
Heir of Dance
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 156
*raises hand* i did.

Carlingview Inn review (or Zepson sucks at remembering details fro almost a year ago ><)
It wasn't that bad of a place.

Me and friends stayed there last year and it was pretty cozy. No real negatives that i can think of. They have a deal with the Marriott for laundray services (your room key gets you into the side door of the marriot to get to the laundry room. It is a bit of a haul walking back and forth betweenthe Carlingview Inn to the convention. I'd carry a pair of walking shoes when traveling to and from. Parking was free if you were staying there if i remember correctly. Sorry i don't have too many specifics. i was only in the room when we first got there and then when i went to bed .
__________________
-
-
Cons Attended:
Otakon: '10, '11, '12, '13 ||| Anime North: '11, '12 '13 '14 ||| Baltimore ComicCon '12 ||| Anime USA: '11, '12 ||| Ichibancon: '12 ||| Katsucon: '12, '13 ||| Tigercon '11, '12, '13 ||| Magfest '13, '14 ||| Nekocon '13

2014 planned cons:
Otakon, Baltimore Comic Con, Tigercon

Current main cosplays:
Green Arrow(DC Comics), Kronk(Emporers New Groove), Blue Heavy(TF2)
possible future cosplays:
---
zepson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 01:50 PM   #53
sailormoontoria
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepson View Post
*raises hand* i did.

Carlingview Inn review (or Zepson sucks at remembering details fro almost a year ago ><)
It wasn't that bad of a place.

Me and friends stayed there last year and it was pretty cozy. No real negatives that i can think of. They have a deal with the Marriott for laundray services (your room key gets you into the side door of the marriot to get to the laundry room. It is a bit of a haul walking back and forth betweenthe Carlingview Inn to the convention. I'd carry a pair of walking shoes when traveling to and from. Parking was free if you were staying there if i remember correctly. Sorry i don't have too many specifics. i was only in the room when we first got there and then when i went to bed .
Thanks!
sailormoontoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:13 PM   #54
GraveTheUndead
The Flame of Daybreak
 
GraveTheUndead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 496
Sandman (2010 I believe) Thought I'd contribute.

Pros:
Soft comfortable beds
Decent room space, albeit still pretty small
Nice staff

Cons:
Not a whole lot going on there
Very far walk (I ended up with blisters on my feet by the end of the con)
$100 holding fee until you check out
__________________
Anime North 2013
Male X/Y Trainer (Pokemon)
Hiro (Digimon)
POSSIBLY:
Chaud Blaze (Mega Man Battle Network)
Robert Edward O. Speedwagon (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
GraveTheUndead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.