Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 12-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
TenTigerLilies
Phuriously Khorrupt Lily

DON'T order from FX Warehouse.

DON'T order from FX Warehouse!

I only had one bad experience ordering from here, and it was sufficiently frustrating enough that I will not be ordering anything else from FX Warehouse.

I bought a 2 oz. bottle of pros-aide, and a 2 oz. bottle of remover, for $15 a couple of weeks ago. The least expensive shipping price available was $13, which seemed high to me for the most basic, slow shipping there is, although the website did have a map that showed zones that showed how many days your order should arrvie within; I am in Mississippi, which meant that I should have received my order within four days.

On the fifth day, I tried my tracking number from my email, which, according to the UPS site, did not exist. I sent FX Warehouse an email, which still has not been replied to.

A full week and a few days after I was supposed to have received my order, I called them. The woman who answered the phone acted very unprofessional when I said that I was disappointed, because I paid for $15 in shipping and having to wait an extra week with a tracking number that did not work, and she promptly told me that I "didn't need to get an attitude."

Even after I told her a second time that my tracking number did not work, and it was unacceptable that I paid so much for shipping and still hadn't received my order; especially because I'd planned to use it on the sixth day, and obviously, could not, because I hadn't received it. She even went as far as to inform me that "that isn't her problem, it's mine", and she was incredibly rude on the whole.

I still haven't received my order, and I am supposed to be getting a refund, which I still have not gotten either. I'm now out almost $30 and I have nothing. SO disappointing.

EDIT: I finally received my order (after 3 WEEKS) and after requesting a refund.
*Ryoga Hibiki - Ranma 1/2
*Soul Eater Evans - Soul Eater
*Antonio Salieri - Mozart L'Opera Rock
*Rapunzel - Tangled

~Upcoming costumes:
*Miss Martian - Young Justice - 70%
*Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece - 60%
*Kotetsu T. Kaburagi - Tiger & Bunny - 40%
*Ryuk - Death Note - 30%
*Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender - 5%

Last edited by TenTigerLilies : 12-27-2012 at 02:21 PM.
TenTigerLilies is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Thea

Complaint about our service

No, I never said those things to you. When we get an email with a problem in shipping we take care of it immediately. If you didn't get a reply then we never got your email.

UPS costs more than sending it with the post office at times. I would be happy to look up your order and if there's a refund due you I would be glad to do that. 4 days.. that does not include weekends. And sometimes it doesn't go out the same day. I'm sure this was a misunderstanding.

You can email me at thea@fxwarehouse.info if you'd like to discuss this . Posting something like this on a major forum is really not cool, until you've gone thru all the channels. We always take care of our customers. We ship out over 300 orders a week.. sometimes things don't always go the way we wish.

Thea
FX Warehouse INc.
www.fxwarehouse.net
Thea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
Nooch7327

Thumbs down Same Issues

I recently order from FX Warehouse. I bought 2 Ben Nye creme makeup that cost $12 and the shipping was $13. FX Warehouse is in Philly and I'm in the NYC area. I thought that the cost was steep but ordered anyway as I need the items and this was the fastest way. I wrote to them and asked them about the shipping cost. The kept talking about a "handling fee" which is a little outrageous as the cost to ship UPS ground from philly to my area is about $6-$8. Where's the other $5-$7 come from? After a back and forth I received this email:

"Next time just buy your shit somewhere else.We ship hundreds of orders a week for the past 28 years and I've never had anyone be so anal about me breaking down the cost of shipping.
Have a good day."

I did some research and it looks like FX warehouse was in FL for some time and had complaints against them filed down there. The FX warehouse in FL (Same website same issues assuming same company) had an F rating with the BBB.

Not a good company to use.

I should mention that I did call to try and reason with them and was met with resistance.
Nooch7327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
FX Warehouse

Shipping

Searching online for a place to bash us is not the way to deal with situations.

We charge $4 handling fee. We have a shipper who we pay $20/hour. We buy new boxes, which cost from .50 to $1.50 each, packing material, rent, heat for the shop, taxes, and a whole bunch of other things.

Most companies charge a handling fee.

I spent day emailing and on the phone trying to explain this to you. It got very frustrating for me.

We ship to over 300 customers a week, every week of the year. Out of them we get a couple who aren't happy.

UPS charged more than what you found online. I don't remember the exact amount but if you take your shipping and take off $4 you'll see what they charged us.

If we don't have a handling fee to try to pay for all the extras that a working shop has then we'd be out of business in very short time.

Again, posting on a public forum, where you never go, is not really good form. I spoke with your coworker, who also ordered some product for your Shrek production in your theatre. He apologized for all that you put us thru. . and we still do business with him. You were an actor who bought makeup and didn't realize that it costs to ship, handling fee is right there when you checkout so it's no surprise what you'd be paying.

Thank you everyone here at Cosplay for putting up with this thread.

Any concerns, please contact me at thea@fxwarehouse.into
FX Warehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
CottonDee78

FX Warehouse has an impressive selection and a few items you can't really find anywhere else. Their stock has always been of good quality in my experience.

That said, yes - their shipping fees are positively outlandish and I can't recommend ordering from them unless it's an emergency.

Why they can't offer the option to go through the USPS instead of the also outrageously overpriced UPS is beyond me.

Even if you're ordering something that weighs an ounce, expect to pay $10-$20 in shipping.

I understand that there may be other fees bundled up in that charge, but they do not break down any of that on their website. No mention is made of couriers or handling fees. So, to anyone buying from them, it reeks of a dishonest seller trying to recoup costs in a ridiculous shipping charge. You cannot expect customers to just understand or take your word there's other cost considerations they have no way of knowing about or confirming you're actually using.

In the past, my orders have also had missing items as well. They made it right, but they were hardly friendly about it. All the online reviews I read where customers describe wildly rude responses from them are highly believable.

The fact someone here from FX Warehouse is even acknowledging these posts and playing damage control makes things look even more unprofessional, too.

It's clear they're going to continue to have insane shipping fees and unfriendly customer service, so if you can get what you're after ANYWHERE else - go there.

Last edited by CottonDee78 : 04-30-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo
CottonDee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 07:39 AM   #6
girlbeauteshop

Are they located in US ?
girlbeauteshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2014, 12:26 AM   #7
Khorrupt

Yeah, I think so.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~kigurumi!Silkie (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Elizabethan!TARDIS - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier - 15% complete
~Princess Peach - 0% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2014, 12:47 AM   #8
AdventurerEmily
Zombie Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX Warehouse View Post

... Again, posting on a public forum, where you never go, is not really good form.
Wow, they have the audacity to accuse someone else of bad form when they use such appalling language and have such miserable customer service, and use the very same public forum to harrass customers? And they call themselves professional?

I've never seen such ridiculous and disgusting behavior from a business (besides Lime Crime, which is another world entirely). Glad I saw this thread, I was about to place a very expensive order! I will take my business elsewhere.
Unread 05-11-2014, 06:15 PM   #9
rchcc122
Gotta respect the gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurerEmily View Post
Wow, they have the audacity to accuse someone else of bad form when they use such appalling language and have such miserable customer service, and use the very same public forum to harrass customers? And they call themselves professional?

I've never seen such ridiculous and disgusting behavior from a business (besides Lime Crime, which is another world entirely). Glad I saw this thread, I was about to place a very expensive order! I will take my business elsewhere.
I totally agree with you. As soon as I saw this thread I was completely taken aback by how rude this company seems. Based on these posts alone I know I won't be doing business with them and I will probably tell those around me. Treating customers like this regardless of their review of your company is absolutely deplorable. So rude.
Sango (InuYasha- 0%), Kaito Jeanne (Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne- 10%), Sailor Venus (Sailor Moon- 20%), Cowboy!America (Hetalia- 50%), Rainbow Brite (Rainbow Brite- 10%), Railgun (A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Index - 10%)

Facebook- Almost to 100 likes!

Arizona cosplayer?
rchcc122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
kandell
the cookie angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thea View Post
No, I never said those things to you...

Posting something like this on a major forum is really not cool...
Quote:

Again, posting on a public forum, where you never go, is not really good form. I spoke with your coworker, who also ordered some product for your Shrek production in your theatre. He apologized for all that you put us thru. . and we still do business with him. You were an actor who bought makeup and didn't realize that it costs to ship, handling fee is right there when you checkout so it's no surprise what you'd be paying.

Thank you everyone here at Cosplay for putting up with this thread.

Any concerns, please contact me at thea@fxwarehouse.into
Absolutely unacceptable "customer service". For a company to respond like this, especially on a public forum? That's just completely unprofessional.

A consumer has EVERY RIGHT to leave a review of a company and/or transaction on any medium they wish, even if they want to paint it on a billboard. To get so defensive and catty over this is absolutely unprofessional.

Glad I found this thread, I definitely won't be going through FX Warehouse for any future orders.

Anime Iowa '14
Asuna Yuuki
Ren Hakuei
Sam Manson

Nebraskon '14
Erza Scarlet
Sailor Moon
Femme!Simon Tam
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:01 AM   #11
EvilLittleKiss
Profound Historical Youth

Quote:

Again, posting on a public forum, where you never go, is not really good form.
Cussing out your customers is not really good form, nor is it the way to deal with situations.

I'm very glad I found this thread. I've never ordered from FX, and I sure won't in the future.
This is ridiculous! You're going on here and being rude, and then *wondering* why people think you're rude? FX really needs to find a new admin for their account on here if they want the people on this site to change their minds.

3 weeks for an order that should have taken about 4 days without any real explanation is unacceptable and immature. When people buy things from a company, they expect good service, anyone in the business/retail field should know that! Instead of being rude and overly defensive to your customers, you need to apologize, tell the truth, take responsibility, and compensate somehow. (Such as a coupon/gift card, or refunding at least the shipping.) Doing that shows maturity, would make your customers much happier, and more likely to buy from you again, plus you wouldn't have to deal with bad publicity and losing business.

Also, the people on this forum have every right to complain if FX messed up and gave bad customer service. People have a right to know if companies they may buy from do a good job or not. Why do you think the BBB and sites like Angie's List and Yelp exist?
Anna Cornonation Dress -- Frozen
Vader Eloha/The Queen -- OFF

My favorite cosplays:
Brittnay Matthews -- MPGiS
Mom Lalonde -- Homestuck
Princess Kenny -- South Park

Tumblr: http://justacrazedfangirl.tumblr.com/
EvilLittleKiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #12
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

What I think if particularly funny about this that not only did they create an account here to launch backlash about the bad review, they created a second one to increase the bad rep that there building for themselves.

I'm not one to order make-up but when and if I do I definitely won't be using FX. I'm make sure to advise my friends to look elsewhere too.
It's a shame when someone can't be professional and take the blame and try to make it better even if it's not actually their fault. Heck I ordered a jacket on ebay and it ended up being to small, the seller not only refunded me to total cost, but let me keep the jacket too. Now that is customer service at it's best!

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Jean!WoC -Attack on Titan 100% done!
Washu Hakubi - Tenchi Muyo! 100% done!
Motoko Kusanagi - GitS 0% (planning stages)
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote