Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
TheVampyNeko
The Bunny Ate My Cookie

Cool Contact Help

Okay so I am looking to but some contact lenses but I am nearsighted and have prescription glasses. I can see nothing without them but I really need contacts for my cosplays. Does anyone know where I can some contact lenses? Thanks ^^
TheVampyNeko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
Ion
Lyrical gangster

You need to make an appointment with an optometrist to ensure that you can wear contact lenses and to get fitted for lenses as well as pinpoint your contact lens prescription which is different from a glasses prescription. Lenses sit on your eyes, glasses sit a few centimeters in front of your eyes so the powers can vary between the two prescriptions.

From that point, you can either buy through the office or take your prescription and shop elsewhere. Where you shop is also dependent upon your actual prescription. Higher prescriptions and specialization generally require your lenses to be custom made, your optometrist can tell you more about it.

Also it will be beneficial if you check out the Contact Lens FAQ.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
Joybug

I use prescription lenses from a store that usually sells at the conventions that I attend. I've never had a problem with them as long as I take care of them and ask questions before purchasing, like 'what type would cover my eyes because mine are a strange colour' they have always suggested good things to me when other online sites have screwed me over.
Here's their facebook group. Join the group and leave a message. She might not get back to you right away, as she gets a lot of orders, but both she and others in the group will give you helpful suggestion even if you don't end up buying from them.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/45765427005/
Joybug is offline   Reply With Quote