Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 12-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
TenTigerLilies
Phuriously Khorrupt Lily

Removing PAX?

I bought pros-aide and the pros-aide remover, and I don't know if I'm somehow managing to use it incorrectly, although the directions say to soak area for one minute and then wipe off; it's not working at all. One of my arms is green, and i've scraped off a little less than half with washclothes and bath poufs and whatnot, but the skin is red and hurts a lot. There's got to be an easier way to get this stuff off, right? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use the remover, so it works? (I'm a little frightened to use this stuff at a convention!) -.- Thanks for any help!
*Ryoga Hibiki - Ranma 1/2
*Soul Eater Evans - Soul Eater
*Antonio Salieri - Mozart L'Opera Rock
*Rapunzel - Tangled

~Upcoming costumes:
*Miss Martian - Young Justice - 70%
*Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece - 60%
*Kotetsu T. Kaburagi - Tiger & Bunny - 40%
*Ryuk - Death Note - 30%
*Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender - 5%
TenTigerLilies is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
belligerent
Viking Metal

I tried both the Agent X remover and...one of the other removers they had at FX warehouse. Neither of them worked particularly well. In both cases I used it, I had to scrub for hours to get it off, and I probably will never use PAX again.

One thing I can tell you is that if you do decide to use it, shave off every single hair you can before applying it. Even places you don't consider very hairy will have tiny, fine hairs. PAX will stick to them and when you try to take it off, it complicates the process and also makes it very painful.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #3
TenTigerLilies
Phuriously Khorrupt Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
One thing I can tell you is that if you do decide to use it, shave off every single hair you can before applying it. Even places you don't consider very hairy will have tiny, fine hairs. PAX will stick to them and when you try to take it off, it complicates the process and also makes it very painful.
Yeah, I made sure to shave my arms this morning before I used it; I read that somewhere else on here a while back. I was also curious about the Agent X stuff, so I'm glad I've had that cleared up before I wasted my money! I ended up just having to scrape it off with my fingernails in the shower. But, thanks anyway!
*Ryoga Hibiki - Ranma 1/2
*Soul Eater Evans - Soul Eater
*Antonio Salieri - Mozart L'Opera Rock
*Rapunzel - Tangled

~Upcoming costumes:
*Miss Martian - Young Justice - 70%
*Monkey D. Luffy - One Piece - 60%
*Kotetsu T. Kaburagi - Tiger & Bunny - 40%
*Ryuk - Death Note - 30%
*Toph Bei Fong - Avatar: The Last Airbender - 5%
TenTigerLilies is offline   Reply With Quote